Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

3 hours ago, DaviiB said:

Worth a mention.

Captain Sim stated the following on their forums yesterday:

It was listed on this page on the 767 Base Pack announce day as NON-confirmed expansion which MAY BE included in the 767 product line.

Not anymore.

To prevent any further speculations on the subject, the Engines Expansion mention has been removed from that page.

The Engines Expansion (which is never existed) is gone.

It appears that they will not be charging for different engine types. Whether the base pack will include multiple engine options remains to be seen though.

I'm willing to give CS a fair shot at this.....they appear to be listening (somewhat) to their customers, and the FS community at large.

What exactly do we have to lose? Nobody else appeared willing to make a payware 767 for P3D. I'd rather have the option available.

DB

That's a relief. Thank you for highlighting, i would have definitively missed it otherwise. Makes it a whole lot more likely that I'll pick this one up. Given the order in which the expansions are listed, it seems likely that the freighter is next after the basepack!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Those screenshots make the "visually good for FS9" comment in this thread look rather silly.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, DaviiB said:

Worth a mention.

Captain Sim stated the following on their forums yesterday:

It was listed on this page on the 767 Base Pack announce day as NON-confirmed expansion which MAY BE included in the 767 product line.

Not anymore.

To prevent any further speculations on the subject, the Engines Expansion mention has been removed from that page.

The Engines Expansion (which is never existed) is gone.

It appears that they will not be charging for different engine types. Whether the base pack will include multiple engine options remains to be seen though.

I'm willing to give CS a fair shot at this.....they appear to be listening (somewhat) to their customers, and the FS community at large.

What exactly do we have to lose? Nobody else appeared willing to make a payware 767 for P3D. I'd rather have the option available.

DB

But does it really mean that they will actually include all the engine variants at what should be a $76.73 price tag (it's a 767-300 and they did that with the 757...quite witty), or will they just include all the engine variants and jack up the price to some ridiculous level that would be the same if they did the "Buy this plane with the least desirable engines so we can charge you an extra $40 for the engine variant you really want" pricing structure?

Or...could they mean they are just taking all the "make you pay $40 for an engine variant" posts off the forums and commerce site until the release pops and then you're faced with the choice to fly with the PWs for the $76.73 price tag...or $106.73 for the privilege to fly either model(s)...will they have all 3 variants?  Who knows?

Or maybe they just threw their hands up and are so upset that us ungrateful simmers that have the unmitigated gall to complain about paying $40 for each engine variant separate from the base pack that they are just not going to offer any variant other than the PW?

The ambiguous nature which plagues just about every post from CS leaves the actual meaning of this statement wide open in my opinion.  Maybe its the language barrier from Ukrainian to English....I at least have to give CS the benefit of that doubt.

Personally, I see it as a move to get ahead of the maelstrom of negative posts they're anticipating when they confidently announce the pricing structure and somehow think we're ok with paying an extra $40 for one engine variant.

I'm willing to give CS a fair shot at this as well....but my version of "fair" would be a pricing structure that is in line with the industry standards, and an aircraft that proved itself on par or superior to other developer's offerings that have earned that respect.  Sadly, as much as I want a 767 in P3dV4/5, I don't want a rehash of their 757 systems tacked on to a 767 exterior model and getting charged for a whole new plane..especially with their current pricing methodology for their "new" offerings. 🙄

I have a feeling I'll still be waiting for a 767 to meet that criteria...but I'll play the wait 'n see game and if CS happens to surprise me, I may have a go at it.  Definitely not a day one customer for sure...too many burning hulks of CS planes as my past CS purchases sitting out in the desert...waiting for updates...still.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Must admit new screens look good. I don't get that the TSS soundset is coming soon. Are you supposed to initially fly in silence when it releases? 

Eric 

38 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Must admit new screens look good. I don't get that the TSS soundset is coming soon. Are you supposed to initially fly in silence when it releases? 

Included: Bose A20 noise cancelling headset

• Like 2

You can add it to your cart when fiddling around with web developer tools (product id is "y763"). I did of course not buy it yet and certainly do not recommend to do so until it is officially here.. 😉 Still don't know if it's just a "dummy price".

YPUSfCV.png

Edited by roesti

Quality is definitely up the hill, but if that $100 price is correct they will probably sell like 20 copies.

y763_vc_22.jpg?bwg=1587661581

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

8 minutes ago, roesti said:

You can add it to your cart when fiddling around with web developer tools (product id is "y763"). I did of course not buy it yet and certainly do not recommend to do so until it is officially here.. 😉 Still don't know if it's just a "dummy price".

If they follow the same pattern as the 757, they'll line-out the $99.67 in a hilarious attempt to make us stupid simmers think they are giving us a great deal when they mark it to the real price of $76.73. (Go look at the current 757 and it still shows the $99 "mark down") 🤣.

Then again...with the whole "We may or may not try to make you believe we're not doing the whole pay for each engine option thing, and just include price of the 1000s of coding hours we spent on adding the extra engines for the ridiculously marked-up price base price" may keep the base price at an astronomical level at release.  Because we stupid simmers would never be able to figure out that's how they plan to justify the final price of a complete 767-300.  Paying for a freighter, sure I have no problem with that...but not much because all you're mostly doing is adding an animated cargo door to the exterior model...All the "other" stuff they claim they do to the freighter is hokum. But they sure want to charge a premium price for that hokum...and lets face it...most folks will want to get to the freighter option anyway...so I'm sure they're gonna' find a way to stroke up the price of that "addon".🙄

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

When PMDG products were in development, you could see a price of several million dollars.

I quite like the Captain Sim sense of humour but clearly it winds some people up a great deal.

In particular, I like the way that their 25 dollar sale causes outrage, every time, when it actually increases the prices of some items.

Never mind that one can buy a 75.70 dollar product for 25 dollars and just wait for the end of the sale to buy an expansion pack.

Edited by Reader

Price now increased to $9999.67, seems like they're reading this topic 😂

14 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Well, PMDG is not really top of class in modeling, I have to say. I remember some definite problems in their MD11, and their NGX was pretty well-known for issues with the sizing of components in the VC, such as the window frame. The NGXu is a monumental step up in that regard.

But just to see what you are talking about, I went and looked at one video that compares the CS and PMDG 777 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-IsyqXxQc4). Sure, based on that video there were definite differences in the modeling, such as the sizing of the wing pylons, and the PMDG777 did appear more detailed in some regards. That said, that particular video did not do any correlations with the real-world model. You cannot claim that the PMDG is superior 'because its PMDG', which presumes that PMDG is somehow always better. You need to compare point-by-point with the real-world model. Maybe you can point me at a video that does such a comparison?

Let me just clarify one thing: I don't mean to attack or offend, I'm just looking for clarification based on evidence. I will also have no trouble believing that the PMDG is overall the superior model. I personally own the PMDG777 and love flying it, but cannot judge the CS777 because I do not own it. All I'm asking is that, if you compare the two products, you ought to make independent comparisons between the two respective models and the real thing. Otherwise, the only conclusion you can come to is that they are 'different'. Without a reference you cannot argue that one is superior over the other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCL5gLw_2Nw

If you cannot see the difference, I cannot help you.

At any rate, this discussion is pointless because I can tell from your posts that you are hellbent on buying the CS 767 not matter what the evidence shows.

Me, OTOH, I'd pick this one up for 9.99 or 19.99

Alot of bashing on here for a product not yet released.  Yes reputation precedes a companies products, but if said company wants to improve and increase sales, they need to increase quality of the product. They did that with the 757 but not to its fullest potential with the bugs that followed on release.  We complained and whined for years now for a 767 for P3D and now one arrives yet there is a whole lot of negativity. That being said, If the prices reported are correct, I feel that is going about it the wrong way to rebuild a reputation.  You sell more copies with a price that attracts and provides alot of value. The official screenshots look quite good, but for me personally I am really about systems depth and for 100$ it better be quite extensive. Compare that to say an Aerosoft product valued around 50-60 that has a medium level of systems fidelity but no failures programming vs the well known very high level with failures that are now rising above 150.   Dont see any point in judging a product before its actually released and viewing early users experiences for those brave enough.  Hope for the best people. We still need developers around to continue into the future providing they develop high quality and value.   Going into MSFS I suspect will bring in a whole lot more interested ones for their sales. 

• Like 2

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

11 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

The visuals are usually very good.. but it's the important parts that lack.. the systems and flight model.

That's what I have been thinking. I wish we could fuse the flight dynamics/systems from Level-D 767 and the cockpit from CS767.