Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Alot of bashing on here for a product not yet released.  (...)

You said it all. Let's have it out in the open, then we can comment. The only thing i have to completely agree is the reputation build-up: Wrong way to start it with high prices, and i'm out definitely for anything over $60-70 from them.

Anyway, time will tell.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCL5gLw_2Nw

If you cannot see the difference, I cannot help you.

At any rate, this discussion is pointless because I can tell from your posts that you are hellbent on buying the CS 767 not matter what the evidence shows.

Me, OTOH, I'd pick this one up for 9.99 or 19.99

I was asking for a Youtube video that compares with the real thing, not another PMDG vs CS video. I already acknowledged that there are significant differences between PMDG and CS, as I clearly stated, but this was not my point. These videos are meaningless if not compared to the real aircraft. You can't prove superiority without a proper reference. 

But whatever. My point was academic and simply meant to question this idea of "PMDG is always the best". It seems a little silly to state something like that without proper evidence.

And "hellbent" to get the C767? I don't know how you came to that conclusion based on my posts.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Ah this community never fails to entertain...this CS 767 is liable to be the only one we see for P3Dv5 so I will pencil it in for purchase, but certainly NOT at a $100 if its like their previous offerings for system depth.

Edited by Boomer
  • Like 2

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I was asking for a Youtube video that compares with the real thing, not another PMDG vs CS video. I already acknowledged that there are significant differences between PMDG and CS, as I clearly stated, but this was not my point. These videos are meaningless if not compared to the real aircraft. You can't prove superiority without a proper reference. 

But whatever. My point was academic and simply meant to question this idea of "PMDG is always the best". It seems a little silly to state something like that without proper evidence.

And "hellbent" to get the C767? I don't know how you came to that conclusion based on my posts.

The level of detail, the 3D immersive look, the overall look and feel, animations.....if you don't - after watching the short video I posted - come to the conclusion that the PMDG model is superior, then, as I've said before, I cannot assist you further. And, btw, I never said PMDG is always the best.

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

The level of detail, the 3D immersive look, the overall look and feel, animations.....if you don't - after watching the short video I posted - come to the conclusion that the PMDG model is superior, then, as I've said before, I cannot assist you further. And, btw, I never said PMDG is always the best.

Well wait, I thought our discussion was about the 3D model only? At least that's what I was talking about... As I said, overall I readily believe that PMDG is the more immersive addon. Their 747 is one of my favorite addons of all time due to how the texturing, modeling and sounds come together - just brilliant! There are few developers that can pull this off, and I agree, CS, so far, has not been one of them in my book.

In terms of the 3D modeling, my point is about whether things are correctly represented, rather than how detailed they are. I certainly agree that the PMDG model has more details and whatnot, but details can become meaningless if overall dimensions are incorrect. Note that I'm not saying that PMDG is incorrect - I don't know. That's why I ask for a comparison with the real thing, rather than a cross-comparison between PMDG and CS. What if they are both wrong? For example, PMDG's MD11 had some issues with respect to the sizing of engines, if I remember correctly. And while I greatly enjoyed the MD11 VC, I could also not really ignore a rather large hole in it.

I suppose you didn't actually state that PMDG is the best, but it's a sentiment that is often present in the forums. I agree they are great and I own most of their planes... But sometimes you see people going a little overboard without having much knowledge of what flying the plane in question is actually like.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Okay guys, this is going wild. May we get back on topic? @Ricardo41 you can't compare these planes simply because they aren't the same. 747 is a 747. 757 and 767 are another story. Perhaps similar design (heck if you get to read some press info about the real thing you'll know they insisted on their cockpits). We could discuss all day long about who's wrong or right. But what's good is that personal taste exists, allowing people to share different opinions in peace and harmony. You can be a PMDG word not allowed, I don't mind nor care, just like people can love or hate this topic related add-on.

I just want to keep a chilled atmosphere over a hot topic not worth fighting for. I'm no admin, i'm a human being. I just react not by spilling fuel on fire, but rather calm down. 

On a side note, concerning cabin layouts, this is the confirmed launch door options:

- 6+2 (3 normal/service doors per side + 2 overwing exits)

-4+4 (3 normal doors + 1 emergency exit after the wing per side) looks like some 757-200s

Have you guys flown the 757 much? If so, I think that will give you a very good idea what to expect with the 767 - from the posted CS screenshots, they look very similar, at least to the alpha version of the 767.

This thread enticed me to reinstall the 757 in p3D v4 and take it for a fly. Honestly, I still don’t really like this plane. It looks great from the outside, and has a cabin and a stew, which my PMDG planes don’t, but I always come away from my CS flights feeling that something is missing. 

I think CS planes are great for screenshots etc, but if you’re trying to simulate real-world air transport ops, PMDG Boeings just have a different feel to them, which is why I always seem to return to them for everyday airline simming after my dalliances with Captain Sim aircraft.

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Have you guys flown the 757 much? If so, I think that will give you a very good idea what to expect with the 767 - from the posted CS screenshots, they look very similar, at least to the alpha version of the 767.

This thread enticed me to reinstall the 757 in p3D v4 and take it for a fly. Honestly, I still don’t really like this plane. It looks great from the outside, and has a cabin and a stew, which my PMDG planes don’t, but I always come away from my CS flights feeling that something is missing. 

I think CS planes are great for screenshots etc, but if you’re trying to simulate real-world air transport ops, PMDG Boeings just have a different feel to them, which is why I always seem to return to them for everyday airline simming after my dalliances with Captain Sim aircraft.

as somebody who didn't by their 757, what is missing?  I'm genuinely curious.  Right now I have the (FSlabs 319/320/321), PMDG 737/777/747, MaddogX, TFDi 717, Aerosoft A330, QW787/757.  I like all of them in different ways.  The 757 was more my entry and movement to more complex aircraft addons.  So I don't really fly that one often.  I'm intrigued by this airplane if close to the others.  Keep in mind I don't do failures.  So that part of addons is lost on me.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 minutes ago, micstatic said:

as somebody who didn't by their 757, what is missing?  I'm genuinely curious.  Right now I have the (FSlabs 319/320/321), PMDG 737/777/747, MaddogX, TFDi 717, Aerosoft A330, QW787/757.  I like all of them in different ways.  The 757 was more my entry and movement to more complex aircraft addons.  So I don't really fly that one often.  I'm intrigued by this airplane if close to the others.  Keep in mind I don't do failures.  So that part of addons is lost on me.  

It’s my subjective opinion based on the “feel” of flying them. On paper - and in screen shots - Captain Sim looks good.

I just don’t really love Captain Sim planes. I try my best to - I think I have all of their P3D v4 aircraft - but I just find I don’t end up flying them much, even though I really like the 757/767 type.

There’s a few practical things like lack of keybindings that also dissuade me. PMDG planes also perform a little better, and feel smoother in flight.

If I was trying to think of a captain sim plane that I’ve really bonded with, I’d choose their old 727 for FSX. But for me, their modern Boeings are lacking a certain je ne sais pas. The PMDG planes, despite their ridiculous price tags, have this.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

the bindings are of lesser concern to me as I'll hopefully just make some FSUIPC mouse macro's or something.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

10 hours ago, micstatic said:

Well, as an owner of almost all dlc's for the 757, this is what i can say:

modelling: very nice, night textures on the low res size but alright.

lighting: feels fsx-ish

flight model: actually since some updates not so bad. you can feel the lack of flaperons (thats why you kinda fight with crosswinds)but the rudder doesn't do much. engines are quite beefy depending on the version but quite limited for ctp. A/T isn't jerky or bugged, except for a weird thrust hold bug (you can't disable controller override on takeoff) Spoilers do their job. The 753 has better dynamics imo (less prone to floating). 

extras: nice candy eye i'd say, specially if you feel bored. you can still go to the toilet virtually 😅 or have a virtual coffee. I find it such a shame you can't change the cockpit charts so easely, very dissapointing. the cargo versions are well packed, but it will take you some time to get it working properly (or shoudl i say visually alright) with GSX.

systems: not much to say here, just "works". ILS is automatic (fine) and the MCP reacts quite quickly. Just wish FLCH worked a bit better, just like vnav (no matter the cost index it's quite extreme!)

AUTOLAND will work, on the hard side though. Speaking about hard the braking is on the hard side too, even with low autobrakes. Reversers work, but you don't really need them that much.

The weather radar will do its job, and the displays are readable. The FMCs are sometims a bit jerky ("sticky keys" feel) but if you plan your flight right and check for discontinuities you'll finish your flight correctly.

IF you do fly it don't forget the trim on takeoff too. Happened to me way too often.

• Like 1

The Qualitywings 757 is $15 - and you get it all....just sayin'.....

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I've got that one.  While I appreciate it, it feels like a plane that I've outgrown.  To me its a very good starter plane. 

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Ugly cockpit. Lacking systems depth. Kind of plane I’d fly once or twice. There’s a reason why it’s $15.

• Upvote 1

Oz

I bought the CS757 base + RR expansion on sale 1-1/2 years ago for $50. I was actually pleasantly surprised based on CS purchases made well in the past.

I do fly the CS757 regularly and haven't experienced the "bugs" that many others have reported.

I put countless hours into the PIC767 and LDS767...it was definitely a favorite. (Don't know if I could still fly that plane with its VC compared to today's standards.)

The reality is, there are no other options for a B767 in P3D v4.

I'm curious to see what CS will bring to market with their version...staying open minded.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1