Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

24 minutes ago, B777ER said:

So you work for or know the developers it seems.

Absolutely not, I am just a customer like everyone else in this topic but I would like to see a review based on an actual trial of the new aircraft model, that's all. For the record, I am also surprised at the price. I do not intend to buy a copy but I do have their 757 version 3 and I am happy with that, even though I paid the full price for it. It is a vast improvement on the first two versions. Perhaps I fall into your definition of a fool, along with all the others who have bought and enjoy it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Your post seems to be entirely inappropriate.

One can only imagine the outraged reaction to a "typical American" or "typical Floridian" post.

It should be withdrawn.

You just HAD to go there, just HAD to bring Floridians into this 😁, and  you did so in the same breath as the Russians? O,M,G!  🤭

Well, I'M a Floridian, and I can tell you there are stark differences between Northern/Northeast Floridians (aka "Lower Alabama" - we'll never, ever say that about Georgia) and those Southern Floridians who are constantly in the news for all sorts of wicked stupid things they do.  One of those southern Floridians was caught on camera a few years ago...

I'll have you know that in northern Florida not EVERYTHING is considered a gun range, we exclude churches, sometimes BBQ restaurants and strange as it may seem.... Walmart (cause that's were the South Shops!).  I might as well add that we southeners avoid shopping at Target, for what should be obvious reasons.  I mean, it's not just the name, those whack jobs actually but a huge bullseye on the front of the store and then put the store in the south!  You think I'm going in there?  Not here, no thank you!

You know, I was a cold war military guy and I faced off with the Soviet/Russians more than a few times and I never wanted to go to war with them.  You see, I grew up with red necks so believe me when I tell you that I understand what makes them tick (I also are one, so go figger).  Well, Russia is an entire country of SERIOUS crazy red necks.   No, no, no... I'm not being critical or harsh, it's a compliment! In fact the red necks here look at the Russians and say.... (word for the thing that holds back water), that's some serious red neck stuff right there!  They not only give us ideas of the next crazy stuff to try, they also do things we wouldn't think of doing, and that's saying something!

On a FAR more serious note...  I grew to understand the Russian perspective (and yeah, there is one, just like there is an American perspective which by the way isn't usually viewed positively around the globe) and I developed enormous respect for the Russian people during my years in the military.  I think if people knew them as I did, they would respect them too, maybe even admire them.

Best wishes to everyone regardless of where they are from, and my hope that everyone will find a little red neck in themselves!  It's fun to be a red neck!

• Like 4

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

52 minutes ago, Reader said:

Thanks, do any of you know whether or not it is any good, since apparently no one is actually trying it?

Nobody is stopping YOU from buying it,

Be the change you want to see! and all that, lol.

7 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Nobody is stopping YOU from buying it,

I am not qualified to be the avid critic. I am not a pilot, I have no interest in which way electricity flows down cables and I have trouble navigating myself to the local shop. Any review I might post would have as much value as the ones posted by those who don't have the product but do have an opinion.

• Upvote 1

Someone posted this in the fselite comment section;

Gregor - 13 Hours Ago

Ok - so I jumped in and bought the CS 767 (beta). I did a 30 minutes test flight around my homebase (LOWW-Vienna) since the only livery available is an Austrian (OE-LAX) (besides the standard CS one). I didn't change any settings for this test flight, I used the same settings I normally use.
I did a few T/O, landings and go arounds. Is it better than the CS757? Yes. It handles way better, it sounds better and it looks better. BUT it is nowhere near FsLabs/PMDG & Co. in terms of quality/feel/look. The cockpit textures look like refreshed 757 ones, with better VC lighting (which doesn*t mean it is good -> switching on the overhead lights also switches on all other background lights in the VC f.e), at least you can turn the lights on during day time, which isn't possible in the CS757 at all. You can also dimm the flood lights now.
The PBR for the outside model looks quite good - but we know that CS can do the eyecandy stuff, so no surprise here. (Well I would love to see the VC with PBR textures and more details like the outside model tbh)
The flight dynamics "feel" good so far, it handles somewhat like the PMDG 777 (both during taxing and after T/O) so I wasn't disappointed here.
The performance is a little bit....ouch. At least on my system the CS767 needs a lot of ressources. As I said at the beginning - I didn't change any settings before the test flight. And my settings are perfectly fine even when flying the FsLabs buses into EGLL f.e.
My specs for reference: 8700k @5Ghz, 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz, GTX 1080Ti - currently running the sim in 1440p/2k resolution.
There were a lot of heavy stutters and fps drops during the test. 25-30 FPS on ground in the VC (in the FsLabs with the same settings and at the same place 33-35 FPS). That doesn't change during cruise. The problem for me was panning around with Chaseplane. Doesn't matter if on ground or after T/O as soon as I started to look around the VC, the FPS went down to 5-8 FPS. But this only happened while panning - otherwise the FPS stayed in the high 20s (at least...).

So is it worth 100$? Simply no. The VC is a refurbished 757 one with updated lighting (which still is miles behind compared to top notch addons like PMDG/FsLabs/Leonardo). The FMC looks like a copy and paste from the 757 aswell. Yes I know that the 767 and 757 share a lot of parts irl but since the CS757 is a few years old and considering CS asks 100$ for the "new" 767 I think a completely new and accurate VC with new features, better FMC, better lighting etc. isn't to much to ask for, tbh.

Now the 767 is still in beta and CS will fix some bugs before releasing the final version but the "core" product won't change anymore, thats for sure. So better wait for the annual CS sale - their 757 isn't great but for 25$ its fine. The same applies for the 767 - sadly.

https://i.imgur.com/kA9FPI3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Bt3nUvb.jpg

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

even if in beta, I don't anticipate the performance issues from previous post will ever be fixed.  They weren't fixed in the 777 or the 757.  It's clearly the developer not being able to optimize the code.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I guess Captain Sim is to P3D what SSG is to X-Plane.

You can only blame yourself if you give them any money. $99 is a ridiculous price for a product like this.

• Like 3

About half of this thread (pages 7-13) cover the cost and the quality in respect of that cost since late on Thursday.

There's (currently) ~170 comments under the 767 release article on FSElite, which is more than PMDG 737 NGXu announcement article (~100 comments) and MSFS' E3 announcement article (~140 comments).

I think the people have spoken!
CS, are you watching?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

For word not alloweds sake, people, stop paying for beta products.

• Upvote 5

One should not shoot someone business.  Launching products/services is part of running of business.   They have bills to pay, employees to pay especially at a pandemic times.  Everyone is stressed.

If you do not like the price just just move on.  All prices stabilizes due to supply/Demand.    

Everyone complains on the price and when the $10 sale happens - everyone buys it anyway go figure.

No one is forcing anyone to buy.

Here is the catch - negative publicity like these threads is amazing marketing tool.

In the last few days - Two companies on this forum have been shot down here relentlessly - really saddens me to see.  There is time and place to vent and move on.  People talk all the want but never vote with wallet.

Vote with wallet lol - it is quite simple 

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 3

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Looks like the other 767 topic was deleted. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

$25 does sound fair.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Looks like they have removed the B767 from their store page and their forums. Can't see anything about it now. *Looks like its back now.in the store but the forums are still gone. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Le Français
  • Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

5 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

Right, its back but now look at their forums.

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case