Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

I plugged my nose and bought the 757 for $75 because I really wanted a 757 even though i thought it was overpriced.  I also really want a 767 and would buy it for $75 with the same nose plug in place.  

$100 is just too much though, especially when you consider with the weak Canadian dollar it works out to $140 and considering that I have to pay tax on top of that because for some reason Captainsim is the only addon company that charges sales tax to Canadians (that I’ve encountered at least).

Hopefully CaptainSim can see that there are probably a bunch of people like me that are in this position and reconsider their approach, though I doubt it.

I’m not one to blanket bash captainsim but this will probably be a rare CS product where I wait for the sales.  Hopefully they can do something to change my mind because at my core, I really want a 767.  In the end they’ll eventually get US$25 from me instead of US$75 now.  Their choice.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 minutes ago, Le Français said:

Right, its back but now look at their forums.

Their 767 forum is gone. What a bunch of clowns CS are. Utter joke.

Eric 

2 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I think you have to be registered and logged in to see it now.

• Like 1

Just now, Chapstick said:

Ahh, yet every other forum is open. Odd but not unexpected from them.

Eric 

8 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

No, I was bale to see it yesterday without being registered. 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

2 minutes ago, Le Français said:

No, I was bale to see it yesterday without being registered. 

I know. So was I, and then they changed it.

Sigh....I will say this until my last breath on this earth....CS is a complete joke as a flightsim developer, and once again they've done everything to prove this point!

18 hours ago, Boomer said:

Yep, CS is not reading the tea leaves very well and have an inflated opinion of themselves.  PASS.  Until they prove they are worthy.

They actually eat the tea leaves Boomer...The resulting toxic shock to their brains is the only logical explanation as to why they think their 767 BETA model with everything rehashed from the 757 @ $139  $99.99 was something us stupid simmers would insta-buy!

18 hours ago, Rafal said:

They already did. For a limited time it's just 99.76!
What else do you want? 😁

What else do I want....From CS?... termination of their web commerce site, period.  This community should be done with them after this (well...all the simmers in the community who want products worth what they try to charge anyway...and all the others who STILL buy CS after this...well you do you...)

18 hours ago, SAX702 said:

I'm looking forward to hear from the early adopters.  Suggest focusing on the things that were buggy in their B757, i.e., VNAV.  

I'll be the 1st to marvel and shake my head at every early adopter.  What a pity that some may actually have no control over their obsession to think CS might create a good aircraft THIS time and buy it @ $139  $99.99

7 hours ago, John_Tavendale said:

95032125_550581405879450_5758410039844929536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=RnSWxu2U1H4AX-TRcES&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=90329f6f6392373a734df13b3a96a080&oe=5ECE3C5D

What a farce.

What CS actually means is don't rain on "OUR" parade of unsuspecting simmers who still don't understand how we do business and will buy this POS.

24 minutes ago, B777ER said:

This is standard practice for them....they delete anything and everything off their site they don't like....seems to happen often...very often.

And please....please do not insult the honorable clown community by saying CS and clown in the same sentence...Clowns deserve so much more respect than that.

Final word...CS is s joke, they have always been a joke, and it appears they have no intention on trying to improve on that.

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Are they sure people will pay 100$ for beta product coming from CS? I bought 757 in FSX, only few times I have ever flown with, it was a disaster on the fps to the limit that unusable! Anyway, if you have XP11 installation as well, you can enjoy FF757/767 which are very good. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

22 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Are they sure people will pay 100$ for beta product coming from CS?

Yeah. Think about how publishers of mobile games look for the "whales" - people who are so addicted that they'll drop hundreds or thousands on in-game purchases. That's essentially the predatory behavior that Captain Sim is engaging in. 

21 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Yeah. Think about how publishers of mobile games look for the "whales" - people who are so addicted that they'll drop hundreds or thousands on in-game purchases. That's essentially the predatory behavior that Captain Sim is engaging in. 

Oh boy! I guess you are right. Just sad to see publishers nowadays release have baked products and ask for insane price tag, just like CS! I mean if their quality near PMDG or FSlabs or even close to QW, I'd be happy to spend on, but really CS. word not allowed!

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

To be entirely non-specific, it could be argued that $210 for an aircraft and one expansion pack was pricey or $140 for one aircraft but instead, these prices seem to be used as a yardstick to measure others by. I wonder how one would quantify what extra features would justify say an extra $10 and then the next $10 and so on?

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

I logged in and it's not there!

I logged in and it is indeed there.

5.jpg

We seem to have run out of critique and are now clutching at straws to beat them with.

Edited by Reader

The forums are there. They might have hidden them from users with less than "X" posts, another dirty trick they have.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

14 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Final word...CS is s joke, they have always been a joke, and it appears they have no intention on trying to improve on that.

Want proof?

From their manual (Which is actually uploaded to my surprise...)

Wow...you get an AIRAC from 2017....how great is that?

"Hundreds"???   Really?  Pretty sure you won't be seeing any CS 767 liveries from me or John T...I think a lot of their most recent planes are still waiting for the community painters to plop down money for their POS planes just to paint them and help CS increase their sales....🤣

UH694q.jpg

The Paint kit is even released...and for $ 134.99 99.76 they don't even include a full fuse map...which they should at that price (not that its really hard to make for experienced painters...but not too sure how many of them are going to start whipping out paints $ 134.99 99.76 to join the elite CS 767 customer community)   

I took a few mins with the paintkit and its not bad considering the source....but CS is renowned for its exterior textures so there was not a real surprise there.  I mocked up a Delta in a few mins and could easily finish it and supply it to the community...but then I'd be possibility be contributing to the potential increase in CS sales...and that will never happen. 

To CS: Paint your own planes and supply them to the community for what you're charging.  Heck...we know your gauge coder and interior VC modeler are sitting around twiddling their thumbs with the 767 since you just copied the files from the 757 (and probably the FDE too)...so get them Photoshop and put 'em to work....HEY>>>>>>You could CHARGE people for those paints....think of the new revenue stream you could add with that thought. 🤣  CS "Texture Packs".....buy 5 paints in one package...4 obscure airlines you could care less about to buy the one you want....right up CS's alley!!

BqMyuN.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg