Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

I logged in and it is indeed there.

5.jpg

Oops!  Sorry, I'd logged into the site but not the forums.  I can see them now.

Noted from a streamer last night.

The GE pack will set you back another $50, and the 764 is coming end of June. Probably also for an inflated price.

Although CS are apparently denying this on their forums.

Edited by mgardiner

OMG....Endless source of comic relief!   Thanks you CS for proving over and over again what a joke you are as you're replies in your forum to the engine "expansion" questions have been priceless!  By priceless I mean, specifically...that they are so hilariously vague and purposely misleading that there can be no way you're not doing this on purpose to provide comic relief to us in this worldwide COVID19 pandemic....thank you...seriously...I have not laughed so hard in AGES!

I reactivated my CS account so I could see what trash they're spewing....last post....2007 
zN7AJ1.jpg

Guy asks if its true about the $50 engine "expansion"...CS: "No" (its gonna be $39.99).  Unsuspecting customer: "Great to hear, purchasing now!" 🙄 
3ssEKA.jpg

On the topic of engine expansion...lets see if we can get even more evasive and nondescript.....

qqD6pI.jpg

Oh...THEY think its already clear and transparent (to them)....but 3 pages of the same questions and they STILL avoid the obvious question....priceless.

And....."extra engine done right is a LOT of work"....LOL...awww poor babies...they may actually have to "work" to produce something other than just a 3d exterior of the engine to justify them charging $39.99 for it? (I still suspect they do just about zero FDE and other coding for an RR or GE...in fact seriously doubt it)

Oh boy...but wait....there is a "chance" that the Freighter may have another one....I'm sold...running over to their commerce page to purchase now! 🤣

Seriously CS...thanks for the laughter....you never fail in that regard to make me laugh.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Steve,

It seems they convinced you..

Simbol 

They sure did! I can't believe I got it for $ 134.99 99.76   I wanted to argue with them about the extra .76 cents... but hey its so witty that they tag the price with the model number I just couldn't argue.
And besides....I KNOW CS will offer a discount to previous 767 owners....they are renowned for that....wait....maybe not...
vcPPE5.jpg

LOL...seems some other CS members have noted that they seem to be dodging the obvious question....This seems a bit ....miffed?  🤣

Oh...not to worry loyal CS customer....your post WILL BE deleted without a doubt...as for your account....still wondering about mine too...when they see all truth I've been posting here about their secret society (we all know CS lurks in here...I'll let you know when they ban my account just to prove my point)

Finishing up my Delta paint now...will get a full PBR American 767 out the door soon...then start on all the freighters as that's what I'd mostly fly anyway and I'm sure its not too far off from release. 🤣

I hope all the early paid beta tester-customers will enjoy my paints.

Fantasy mode: Off

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Among the (notable) overflow of comments on different sites I'm looking at this right now for myself to get a bit of a clearer view of things.

• What you get for $99.76 now is one aircraft variant and one engine option. This is also a beta product and you would and should expect there to be substantial bugs still (substantial compared to your average release candidate). So you either bite that bullet or hold off to check reports first of the scope of the bugs. One way and probably the best way to do this would be via the official forums, but apparently access is restricted now when it wasn't before (?). It remains to be seen how long it will actually take for the product to mature enough to leave beta stage.
  • Apparently, the price will increase to $134.99 later, supposedly after leaving beta stage, at which point you'll apparently still only get one aircraft variant and one engine option (!).
  • Given CS's policy of expansion packs and pricing, I would expect the other variants (most notably the freighter) to be at around the same price point as the 757 III expansion packs, which would significantly increase the overall pricing for the entire package. This seems extremely difficult to swallow to me because of the already high discount price of $99.76 and later even $134.99.
  • Since there is significant commonality between the 767 and 757, much of the systems and VC work has already been developed for the 757 III, so even if the systems in the 767 were more sophisticated and the VC enhanced, the frame work on this front has been in place already and the supposed reduced development effort should be reflected in the price.
  • From my experience with the 757 III, which is definitely a step up compared to their previous offerings, I can say it was released with a lot of bugs and some significant ones and I felt like it took quite a long time to iron these out, though their response in this regard was really good. However, given that the 767 is a beta product, I'm inclined to expect a long time of having to put up with bugs while flying and that's not what I want at all.
  • While the 757 III is a step up and a good addon, I don't feel like it's worth the price tag. I don't own the 767 and therefore can't comment factually, but I can't imagine this being near the level of what other aircraft addons in the same price range offer in quality and detail.

I'm looking forward to reading reviews and reports, but I'm having a hard time right now trying to find any incentive to even consider stripping $100 (let alone $134) off my bank account for this.

Edit: What is it with their 'discount' prices that never seem to go up to what the normal price allegedly is? The 757 III was released some time ago now and it still shows the 'discount' price of $75.70 and the alleged full price of $99.99 next to that. They already had several actual sales for this product. I won't be surprised if the 767 still shows $134.99 crossed out a year after leaving beta stage. This is just plain illegal in a lot of countries.

Edit 2: I also just realized they actually split the freighter extension of the 757 III into two separate products for a combined total of $80 ($49.99 and $29.99). Wow.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I am a complete fan of the 767. So as I had stated previously, I would be an early adopter. My opinion which seems to be unpopular for many ( It flies great, it has a great sound system compared to the past offering) Its a stable beta compared to some of the addons that have done something similar. TFDI comes to mind ( I was also a early adopter). If I look at several other developers that make a "Beautiful" aircraft and then charge a substantial amount for an aircraft I can probably find several threads where we bashed them as well. The difference is that it was not as "Popular" or "HOT" as the 767 is. So of course there will be less comments as less people cared for them. For example Carendo products (Honestly, how many of you MUST have a Phenom in your hangar)

At the end of the day this all comes down to business. This aircraft has features that are not in house from Captain Sim. for example TSS sounds. Which If IRC was about $20-25 for a sound package? How much is a developer such as TSS charging Captain Sim in % of sales for it to count? 

For those talking about COVID19 as the reason why they should be more conscientious then I twist that around to them..... This is a small business, with people that most likely do not have any other income right now in their respective countries and are working from what I can see around the clock on this aircraft. Do they not deserve to earn a living? 

They've stated in their forums that they are one of the SDK partners for MSFS. So there's a possibility that when MSFS releases we will have a working aircraft to port over if its not already being tested on their end. 

Some of you may know who I am, some may not as I keep to myself when ever I can. I've been simming since 2003. Back then when PMDG came to the market people were outraged with the 39.95 price tag for a 737 and 747. Then when the simulation demand was to be more "In Depth" the pricing went to $69.95. Then when P3D released and they had dedicated versions and we had to pay $134.99 people again became "Outraged". Only to find themselves flying those addons years if not months later. The reality, if you want people to better their offerings and develop more for you it will always cost more. Developers that are not figuring out how to monetize their time with this hobby will inevitably stop developing. Look at Level D. The best simulation we had at the time, they didn't upgrade it and monetized it and then went away because their investment of time is not worth the return. Leonardo was another that momentarily went away, and then they came back an figured out how to monetize it. In fact they have released a new version and are updating it for a new version for V5  (Which some may say shouldn't be the case) and are charging for the update. Because their time cost money.

I ask you all to take a perspective, this may be expensive for some. But for some when you wish you could be flying and you may not be able to for numerous reasons you quickly see that to keep a dream alive when you may be in a "holding pattern" of real world flying it is a good escape and the price never will compare. 

I made a video showcasing the performance off Fly Tampa CYYZ in V5. Watch it if you'd like, watch the content online from others, and then decide if you are willing, or you may in a place at the moment where waiting for a sale might be best, or you are the kind of person that is planted on your position and belief. That's fine, just don't make your beliefs the mandatory belief for others. 

Edited by Alcides Segovia
  • Like 2

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

20 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Among the (notable) overflow of comments on different sites I'm looking at this right now for myself to get a bit of a clearer view of things.

Don't worry about missing out on factual data from the official CS forum.  There is none from CS....business as usual.  Just vague 1- answer replies and obvious misdirection...par for the course (see my posts above)

20 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Not sure what they're trying to pull here, we'll see...

Oh....if you're not sure...trust me, the rest of the community is sure.  The old saying "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...its probably a duck"  CS is quacking loud-n-clear their intentions....even if they think they're somehow douping every simmer (I feel so sorry for any simmer who paid $99.67 for this "Beta", thinking its going to get much better).  To those who haven't rushed out to get the only 767 for P3D...give it a month to see if it gets better...and I'm super curious to see if the price will really jack up to $134.99 at release....and if it doesn't....how do you think all those loyal customers who bit the bullet for $99.76 thinking they were saving $34 and giving CS a much-needed cash infusion to fuel further development of this 767...now see that the whole "You better buy it now or else..." was just another farce created by CS?   Ridiculous. 

21 minutes ago, threegreen said:

One way and probably the best way to do this would be via the official forums, but apparently access is restricted now when it wasn't before (?)

Yep...they just did that a little while ago....seems they don't want the whole simming community to see how they treat their customers....many posts vanish without warning when you ask a valid question that they've run out of ways to avoid answering, you'll also see narcissism running rampant as they seem to think they are the top creators of simming products.🤣   It is a place to go if you need a laugh though....i'm busting my sides seeing the outlandish posts (or lack thereof) in their official forums.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Someone mute @Steve Dra before he strokes out.  If he falls over dead who is going to make my paints look good?!?!  Think of me people!

Sidebar. I whole heartedly agree with EVERYTHING he has said.  That company is notorious for never finishing products. I'm still waiting for obvious fixes to the C-130 15 years later.

Edited by thibodba57
  • Like 3

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

59 minutes ago, threegreen said:

This is just plain illegal in a lot of countries.

It is illegal in Canada, but perhaps not the country they are based out of (I’ve heard Russia or Ukraine?). Interestingly though, as I mentioned a few threads back, they are one of the only developers whose web store charges me Canadian sales tax, which indicate that they do have at least some part of their operation based/registered in Canada...hmmm.

28 minutes ago, Alcides Segovia said:

for example TSS sounds. Which If IRC was about $20-25 for a sound package? How much is a developer such as TSS charging Captain Sim in % of sales for it to count?

A custom sound set is a bare minimum requirement for a payware addon, whether it costs $40, $60, or $99.76.  It’s not really relevant whether it was developed in house or contracted out, and I’m sure TSS doesn’t charge developers that they work on behalf of anywhere near what they charge retail customers.

TSS makes good sound sets, but it’s not a justification for a price increase, particularly when compared to a truly value-add sound set like the FSLabs Airbus.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

16 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

Someone mute @Steve Dra before he strokes out.  If he falls over dead who is going to make my paints look good?!?!  Think of me people!

LOL.....Trust me I'm laughing so hard that the only risk of a stroke is if I bust a blood vessel in my forehead.  This has been some serious comic relief away from what I deal with in the real world being in the healthcare industry (in the 2nd line line of defense, supporting clinicians, but getting to see the daily numbers from our hospitals).

I just enjoy exposing CS where they think they're safe

You've graduated from a Padawan learner years ago and are ready for the painting-Jedi trials.🎨  You can learn nothing more from me...just beware of the dark side (PBR metal) 😨

Oh and that post at CS's forum that I and the poster both predicted would be deleted....gone.  As usual for CS....don't address the issue(s) just start deleting posts.  They see frustrated customers looking for answers to very valid questions...response....either vague, or not at all...finally deleting the post. Who's still defending them? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, mgardiner said:

Noted from a streamer last night.

The GE pack will set you back another $50, and the 764 is coming end of June. Probably also for an inflated price.

Although CS are apparently denying this on their forums.

And here is the text from that Twitch stream .....seems CS is either lying or just can't seem to make up their minds as to what scam they want to run to get and extra $50 from simmers for a 3D model of an RR/GE engine and not much else.

RDJkvm.jpg

Wow...a -400 variant at the end of June?  They do know that the -400 is a completely different aircraft from the -200/300 in terms of avionics and cockpit right?  So they are going to develop a whole new avionics system in 2 months?   Really?  Oh yeah...they'll just hack together parts from the 777 (Since they pulled the 757 cockpit into the 767 and did a few touch-ups)....because as John T so nicely pointed out...

drtsRm.jpg

And are they implying that they jacked up the price because of COVID19?  Seriously?  This is when many devs are giving their stuff away for free or heavily discounted to show appreciation to their customers during this crisis.  And by their own admission....are they saying that we should be parting with our money for a Beta at $99.67 when we too many have lost our jobs just to support them?  Incredulous.   I truly feel empathy if some of their employees lost their jobs due to Covid19, I'm not insensitive to that.  But you surely don't go on a Twitch stream and try to justify your extraordinary price for a Beta product with 1 variant using a worldwide pandemic as justification.  That is just in very bad taste.

XIey8Q.jpg

No end of comedic material from this Dev.🤣

• Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

OMG....Endless source of comic relief!   Thanks you CS for proving over and over again what a joke you are as you're replies in your forum to the engine "expansion" questions have been priceless!  By priceless I mean, specifically...that they are so hilariously vague and purposely misleading that there can be no way you're not doing this on purpose to provide comic relief to us in this worldwide COVID19 pandemic....thank you...seriously...I have not laughed so hard in AGES!

I reactivated my CS account so I could see what trash they're spewing....last post....2007 

Guy asks if its true about the $50 engine "expansion"...CS: "No" (its gonna be $39.99).  Unsuspecting customer: "Great to hear, purchasing now!" 🙄 
3ssEKA.jpg

On the topic of engine expansion...lets see if we can get even more evasive and nondescript.....

Oh...THEY think its already clear and transparent (to them)....but 3 pages of the same questions and they STILL avoid the obvious question....priceless.

And....."extra engine done right is a LOT of work"....LOL...awww poor babies...they may actually have to "work" to produce something other than just a 3d exterior of the engine to justify them charging $39.99 for it? (I still suspect they do just about zero FDE and other coding for an RR or GE...in fact seriously doubt it)

Oh boy...but wait....there is a "chance" that the Freighter may have another one....I'm sold...running over to their commerce page to purchase now! 🤣

Seriously CS...thanks for the laughter....you never fail in that regard to make me laugh.

Hi Steve,

jetOne here from the CS Forums. Feel free to call me a shill to my face now.

I made a purchase decision based upon a few factors.

1. Supporting developers during this time of economic hardship.

2. Already budgeted FlightSim purchases for the month

3. I like the 767 and it delivers what I expect, a decent and usable representation of the simulation.

The ONLY reason CS knows they can get away with this pricing is because of PMDG and FSLabs. Without that pricing precedent they wouldn't stand a chance. We all support and purchase from those developers for the ridiculous prices so every other developer thinks they can charge the same regardless of immersion level.

We've shot ourselves in the foot. 

Edited by mvanoverdijk
Spelling

1 minute ago, mvanoverdijk said:

The ONLY reason CS knows they can get away with this pricing is because of PMDG and FSLabs. Without that pricing precedent they wouldn't stand a chance. We all support and purchase from those developers for the ridiculous prices so every other developer thinks they can charge the same regardless of immersion level.

We've shot ourselves in the foot. 

You aren't actually comparing CS quality with PMDG or FSLabs are you?

Richie Walsh

1 minute ago, Irishcurse said:

You aren't actually comparing CS quality with PMDG or FSLabs are you?

No. 

I’m comparing the precedent for pricing that they set.  No addons were priced like this until P3Dv4 and PMDG/FSLabs

I don’t deny the addons are amazing and immersive but the pricing is still out to lunch. 

$100+ P3Dv4/5 addons is just par for the course nowadays.