Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

14 minutes ago, Bigt said:

I'm confused as to why you can't see the validity in what is being stated in this thread. Do you agree with CS price model?

@Reader Not at all.  If they were just flaming CS without anything of substance to back it up maybe.  But time and again there's visual proof of the way CS conducts their business.  History is being explained. Nothing said can be refuted.  You might not like what you hear, but facts are facts and they don't care about your feelings.  Sorry not sorry.  This isn't some word not allowed flaming session as I think PMDG acts a bit to big for their britches and I have a few posts in that regard as well as an operator of atleast of the aircraft they have developed.  Although maybe things will get a bit better now that they got rid of Kyle.  This is simply explaining things we have experienced over 15 years with CS and its not stopping, nor is it really getting any better.

Screw price model.  Customer service.  15 YEARS I've been waiting for an update to not only the FS9 C-130 but the FSX C-130.  There is probably only a couple systems that function correctly on that aircraft.  DC Power flows in the wrong direction, you can't crossfeed fuel pumps correctly if at all and there are 8 fricking tanks.  Kinda a must.  For crying out loud the product they gave to Lockheed is actually missing an Inverter switch.  MISSING!!!!  That is just the tip of what is wrong with that aircraft, not to even touch aerodynamics or engine performance.  15 years, they haven't bothered to fix ANY of it.  When you give someone money in exchange for goods I expect them to give me a set of goods I can use.  You have to come up with an unrealistic operation of the aircraft just to use it.  In the end all I got was a 1/3 finished product.  They made a visual model, thru in some systems the way they thought it worked and let it be.  Oh here is more models with a half baked avionics upgrade.  That will be $40 more.  Oh here are more models for $40....But where are the bug fixes?  Who's got time for that?!?!  We are busy making the 27 variants of the airframe at $4 a variant! 

If you want action, you'll need to start first with the owners of organizations like this, FSElite, PC Aviator etc writing official releases condemning their actions.  I know they won't want to waddle into the argument or pick sides but thats the only way to educate the masses and put pressure on them.  To many short sighted simmers out there that don't want to know the big picture.

• Like 2

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

14 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

PMDG acts a bit to big for their britches and I have a few posts in that regard as well as an operator of atleast of the aircraft they have developed.  Although maybe things will get a bit better now that they got rid of Kyle. 

When did this happen?  Source please?  Dont disagree BTW.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Boomer said:

When did this happen?  Source please?  Dont disagree BTW.

Don’t know the exact date. But I was shown an email from RSR to this individual talking about the decision to get rid of him.  Apparently a bit of a rift amongst the dev team was pushing for it for awhile and said he waited to long.  RSRs words not mine. And I won’t divulge the email as it has the sources name in it numerous times.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

10 hours ago, HighTowers said:

Specifically hydraulics, since the 767 has an extra pneumatic center pump and they are on demand. The 757 has 2 always on pumps.

Not only that but gear and slats/flaps moved from the right in the 757 to the center system in the 767.  The demand pump is also just that and should operate as needed when in the auto position (like during gear and flap use).  The PMDG 777 does model demand pump operation correctly for each stage of flight (including abnormals), but probably not something many of its users noticed either.

6 hours ago, Chock said:

As you say, many people would not know the difference anyway, hell, some people who fly the real thing probably don't know that either lol, but if a developer is going to charge this kind of wedge for an add-on, then it doesn't really matter whether people would notice, it should be correct anyway for those who actually would notice, otherwise what are the buyers paying for?

Exactly, this is one thing that’s always bothered me when someone asks about the detail level of an add-on.  There’s always a range of responses from good to bad.  It also seems many equate the autopilot being able to accurately fly LNAV and VNAV enough to qualify as detailed systems, even if things like electrical or hydraulics systems are wrong or even missing.  Like you said it’s always better to have the detail and not notice it than the other way around.

Brian W

KPAE

18 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

@Reader Not at all

You seem to be replying to a reply to something I wrote🤨

I think most of this treatment of Captain Sim is completely justified. Their 757 was the first aircraft I purchased for FSX, and while it looked nice, I quickly realized the flight dynamics were trash. It doesn't appear much has changed in the past 10+ years. People accepting the $100 price tag for this forever-BETA may not think they are doing any harm, until PMDG gets a big(ger) head as a result and next thing you know, you're paying $250 for an airplane. 

Edited by bbain1187
  • Upvote 3

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

45 minutes ago, BrianW said:

in replying to Chock's post:

As you say, many people would not know the difference anyway, hell, some people who fly the real thing probably don't know that either lol, but if a developer is going to charge this kind of wedge for an add-on, then it doesn't really matter whether people would notice, it should be correct anyway for those who actually would notice, otherwise what are the buyers paying for?

Exactly, this is one thing that’s always bothered me when someone asks about the detail level of an add-on.  There’s always a range of responses from good to bad.  It also seems many equate the autopilot being able to accurately fly LNAV and VNAV enough to qualify as detailed systems, even if things like electrical or hydraulics systems are wrong or even missing.  Like you said it’s always better to have the detail and not notice it than the other way around.

I wholeheartedly agree.  If I'm paying for it because a dev says its there....it better be there regardless if I'd notice or not. 

True that some things that claimed to be modeled may not even be noticed by the average simmer, but OMG that is not the point!
Its the same if I'm a waiter and you ask for a bottle of Perrier and I come back with a Perrier bottle filled with tap water with the conviction that I'm honest for doing this because "999 of 1000 ppl wouldn't notice the issues" is NOT the way you do business.  I paid for Perrier...I should get Perrier. 

The unmitigated gall CS demonstrates when they make such a flippant statement like:
drtsRm.jpg

So...they are saying you are paying for a 767 cockpit, but since some of the differences are so minor, we're just going to give you a rehashed 757 cockpit because you "probably" won't notice the difference?  You paid $99.76 for a 1-model beta 767 and you're not even getting a 767 cockpit because CS decrees that you're too dense to notice any difference so they're just going to save a ton of modeling and coding time to push out a 1-model beta 767 for $99.76?

In what universe can anyone justify that logic as sound and fair business practice?   ANYONE please try to explain that to me!!!

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Seems this CS customer is puzzled (and miffed) that CS keeps deleting his posts.  Poor fella.  Seems he just joined he CS "Family" and this is his 1st CS purchase and he was expecting to get honest answers to his questions with his new purchase.....this is the exact reason why I'm posting these. 
If I can prevent one simmer from falling into this CS nightmare and at least waiting for the full version to come out to re-think their purchase decision, then I've felt that I've done some good here.

hqSsZD.jpg

Heck...I'm not CS...but I can answer this 2 question for him:
Will you delete this post?  YES
Will you ban me from the forum? Possibly....depends on when I tire of deleting your posts....if you continue asking questions you know I'll delete, I'll probably ban you.

THAT is GREAT customer service!

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Going to jump in one last time to say: 

Y'all are salty! Especially since none (few) of you have purchased the product and used for yourself. You sure spend a lot of time getting angry over something you didn't spend money on....

Just now, mvanoverdijk said:

Y'all are salty! Especially since none (few) of you have purchased the product and used for yourself. You sure spend a lot of time getting angry over something you didn't spend money on....

Ah but there you are wrong.  Many of us have thrown money at them over the years, myself included, for their unfinished 756/767 for FSX and more recently their unfinished 777 for P3dv4.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Ah but there you are wrong.  Many of us have thrown money at them over the years, myself included, for their unfinished 756/767 for FSX and more recently their unfinished 777 for P3dv4.

Am I blind or is this about the 767?

Also why did you buy the PMDG 777 and the CS 777? It's very clear on their website the 777 is just a port and some new shiny things not an entirely new product unlike the 75/76

If you had purchased it and tried it I would understand you (and others) opinions a lot more, but until then....

Edited by mvanoverdijk
clarity

If I ever decide to get P3D, then I'll certainly heed the CS warnings. Maybe I'll see if I can drop Just Flight's Freemium 757 into the sim.. :tongue:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 minutes ago, mvanoverdijk said:

Am I blind or is this about the 767? Also why did you buy the PMDG 777 and the CS 777? 

If you had purchased it and tried it I would understand you (and others) opinions a lot more, but until then....

😎 Why do you care what he purchased. You said one last time two post up. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Just now, Wise87 said:

😎 Why do you care what he purchased. You said one last time two post up. 

Guess I enjoy bashing my head against a wall 🙂 

26 minutes ago, mvanoverdijk said:

Hey Max,

The only anger I feel is when I see a poor simmer like the one I just posted about his posts getting deleted at CS's forums...get a rude awakening as its obvious with his Join Date posted as 4/23/20 that he's new to the CS family.

You saw my post date going way back to 2007 (granted that is my 2nd post date as I got banned the 1st time back in 2006), so I've been exposed to CS's tactics for a long time.  I chose back in 2007 after getting burned by their 1st 757 with its "block" marketing scheme that I'd never be scammed by them again, and try to post irrefutable evidence whenever I could to expose them for what they really are.  So many people (i.e. new simmers) are truly unaware of their history (no fault to them because CS's marketing sites seem so on the up-n-up)...so they go into a purchase completely unsuspecting of what they are actually getting into.

For those people...I will forever advocate to enlighten them if they come to these forums asking for opinions on buying from CS.  For those who are very experienced with CS, and choose to support them regardless of what I think, I have no interest in trying to sway their opinion about CS...I could frankly care less about their opinion and I could care less if they find mine abrasive.

As its been said many times...opinions only matter in what you can back up with proof when you either make praises or accusations.  Every one of my posts here contain screens taken directly from CS's 767 forum.  Here is a good question:  Since CS now dropped the 767 forum behind the customer-only wall....how can a new potential simmer with zero CS purchases read the actual posts/opinions/statements from existing CS customers to form a educated opinion as to the purchase of said 767?  Well from their COMMERCE page of course...right where CS wants them to go....its sooooo pretty!!  You can bet your last dollar that CS knew exactly what they were doing when they did that....all the complaints you see from new 767 customers in that forum?...shielded from potential new customers!  You gotta pay FIRST before you can see what all the actual CS customers are saying (unless they come to sites like this and reply) 😉 

So I hope that covers the anger you may perceive in my posts. 🙂 
As for the factual info I've been providing....Public Service to a community that I've been a part of and contributed to for decades....not intended to project anger, but rather it hints at the utter disgust and shock I have for some of CS's business practices towards a community I love. 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg