Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

@Steve Dra need to stop calling it a Beta.  It’s Early Access.  And the standard for any Early Access software is to provide a Production Roadmap.  That’s standard for any Early Access games I’ve ever partook in.  That and very routine communication from the developer.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

8 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Why do you keep pursuing CS?

Not to be snarky in all seriousness. But Steve didn’t a defeatist. He cares enough about the community to engage the conversation to inform enough people maybe as a group or an organization can demand them to act like every other developer.  Nothing wrong with it so long as he doesn’t stroke out on me.

• Like 3

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I agree to that and i respect him for his activity in the community. Maybe i can stop reading this thread instead, i'm mad at them for doing this, nothing towards Steve.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

4 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I agree to that and i respect him for his activity in the community. Maybe i can stop reading this thread instead, i'm mad at them for doing this, nothing towards Steve.

It wasn’t meant as a dog at you or anything. I just know Steve when he gets his chops into something.  Like a crying toddler in a way. Don’t worry he’ll cry himself out eventually 🙂

But I wish there was more engagement from people like Froogle or something that highlights their previous bad behavior for almost 2 decades.  Something to compel them to be a good actor in our hobby.  Not one who sells eye candy to suck in a bunch of new customers for their latest never to be finished products. While all the older customers are warning new ones ‘Don’t do it. Been down that road.’ Instead we have some in the community that just want to dismiss their previous bad acts of ‘Well that’s in the past what does it matter.’  🙄 For real? They dug this hole, let them dig themselves out, don’t enable this developer.  We as a group need to demand a course correction from them if they want to stay in our community on a popular basis.

• Like 2

beta.gif   

My Liveries

You just knew you'd better buckle up when CS said themselves prior to release that people wouldn't like the price.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

It's a great tactic, people who love the 767 will buy it at that price (nothing against them), and from what I see there are a lot of people who would buy it with a discount. CS is a winner here imo.

12 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

(...) just want to dismiss their previous bad acts of ‘Well that’s in the past what does it matter.’  🙄 For real? They dug this hole, let them dig themselves out (...)

Yeah i did that myself a bit. I guess i wanted to believe there's always a second chance for developers (in this case) to make amendments and start walking the right path. I've opened my eyes now towards CS, they will never change and are actually getting worse.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

18 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

But I wish there was more engagement from people like Froogle

I stopped following him a couple of years ago as I am suspicious.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Yeah i did that myself a bit. I guess i wanted to believe there's always a second chance for developers (in this case) to make amendments and start walking the right path. I've opened my eyes now towards CS, they will never change and are actually getting worse.

There is ALWAYS a second chance.  But the first part in the correction would be a public acknowledgement and start to finish their products. Not release new ones. While some might argue there’s no money in fixing their old products why would they do that? I’d simply answer, monies have already been exchanged under the guise of product support. We only got models with mostly incomplete aircraft systems then promptly ignored for the next model release. This is the only way I can see CS reinventing its image. By taking care of the customers they’ve borderline robbed over the last 15-20 years.  Then we can all look to the future together. 

beta.gif   

My Liveries

This entire saga makes me wonder whether PMDG are missing a trick here. Everything that I have seen and heard seems to indicate that a large section of the flightsim community would love to see a study level version of the Boeing 767. Maybe it's nostalgia for that Level D 767 released years ago? Let's face it, if even casual simmers are willing to pay $100 for a single engine variant early access beta version of this plane, then imagine the sale prospects of a PMDG package with several versions of the 200 and 300, and multiple engine options @ $135?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Just now, Boomer said:

I stopped following him a couple of years ago as I am suspicious.

Honestly I don’t follow anyone on any YouTube about anything. Except for food. I’m Cajun afterall....😂

But I know he has a massive following and it’s people like him and others who can do interviews, and present a historical case and try to compel changes.
But he does have his image he has to worry about, I’m sure he’s provided free products to review and promote. So obviously doesn’t want to rock the boat to much.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

13 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

I’m sure he’s provided free products to review and promote. So obviously doesn’t want to rock the boat to much.

This is why these streamers cant be trusted 100%, many might be beholden or compromised  Froogle for example must get a ton of free stuff, software and hardware.  No way he can afford to purchase all of the stuff he reviews.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

It wasn’t meant as a dog at you or anything. I just know Steve when he gets his chops into something.  Like a crying toddler in a way. Don’t worry he’ll cry himself out eventually 🙂

But I wish there was more engagement from people like Froogle or something that highlights their previous bad behavior for almost 2 decades.  Something to compel them to be a good actor in our hobby.  Not one who sells eye candy to suck in a bunch of new customers for their latest never to be finished products. While all the older customers are warning new ones ‘Don’t do it. Been down that road.’ Instead we have some in the community that just want to dismiss their previous bad acts of ‘Well that’s in the past what does it matter.’  🙄 For real? They dug this hole, let them dig themselves out, don’t enable this developer.  We as a group need to demand a course correction from them if they want to stay in our community on a popular basis.

I would only cry myself out if CS stopped it's outlandish behavior.....as long as they keep posting things like this....I'll keep crying
BIB2B7.jpg

"We have what we have"   Really?  As the customer states right after that quip...."That is not an acceptable answer for a $130 plane"....I tend to agree with him....don't you?  If I just shelled out $99.76 (not $134 because remember I rushed out to get it while it was still on "Sale") for a flightsim addon, I'd expect to have this simple feature that most other devs (who charge similar amounts) offer without question.
Is CS saying they're incapable of solving a light issue but want us to believe that they can create the complex code necessary to emulate in high fidelity a Boeing Flight Management system?  Straight from their sales page: Functional flight deck loaded with advanced systems simulation (FMC/LNAV/VNAV/WXR/EGPWS etc)   I'm a little suspect of their coding prowess if they can't code a light dimmer.

"And we won't have it in foreseeable future. Sorry."    It's ok Stewardess, I speak CaptainSim  (hehe...what movie am I spoofing?)...let me translate that statement for those of you not fluent in CS-speak.... We wont have that feature....EVER.

2 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Second chance, yes....Third chance...OK, I'm in....Forth chance...You'll have to prove you're committed to positive change now....Fifth chance....OK...not so sure I believe you'll change...but this is such a cool, shiny new plane...Okaaaay.....I'll get it...but you PROMISE you'll support it after you release you're next shiny new plane right?...need I continue?  I think not.  I think we're on to them Nuno! 🙂

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Poor, disillusioned "Early Access" customers (There @thibodba57, I said Early Access...happy now?)

a6Xw74.jpg

"Bump up the 767 to a level that's equal to other developers...."    Oh my...what he doesn't understand is that CS already believes their aircraft ARE at the other dev's level.

"Eye candy isn't everything"   Depends on who you ask...CS seems to be cool with it.

"Will it be a free addition to the base package or not"   Son, son, son.....I can see by your avatar section that you just joined the CS family TODAY....you have much to learn...much.

"CS should also stand for Customer Service"   Did anyone else just throw up in their mouth a little bit when they read that?

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

14 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

create a new folder under the night dir

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200-III_PW2037\texture\night\New folder

and move all cs757*LM.dds and cs757_C_shad_LM.dds (total 22 items) from the night dir into that new folder so it will not be used.  

only the panels will be lit in the vc, not everything else.

Did you meant cs757_C*LM.dds? There are also _S*LM.dds and _T*LM.dds files. Just want to make sure it works. Thank you.