Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

CS767 announced

OMG it NEVER stops!

Here is the text (I'm tried of posting screens of their website for now)

Captains,
Quite a number of the 767s have been burning virtual jet fuel around the Globe for more than 72 hrs...
The best part is, there are no major issues, no hotfix required, so we'll release a scheduled update most likely next week.

Now to the engines, we've just finalized our 767 plans and it seems to be a good time to share them:
1. The 767 Base Pack will get another engine, the good old JT9D.
2. The 767 Freighter Expansion will bring another engine, the legendary CF6-80.
3. The 767-200 Expansion will add another engine, the classic RB211.

Upon the expansions' release, the 767-300ER will support all the expansions' engine types (CF6-80, RB211), if the expansions installed.
Same as all expansions' airframes (Freighter and the -200) will support the Base Packs' engines (PW4060, JT9D).

I made the word "Finalized" as I have my own idea of what it means....CS on the other hand...in the same freak post a few posts down.....

zlrHsR.jpg

Hold on a mintute.....CS JUST said these were finalized plans not even 20 mins ago.

"Just draft plans. We got to finish PW4060 first anyways"   Draft plans?  DRAFT FREAKING PLANS?  you mean to tell me your  finalized  plans 20 mins ago are now DRAFT plans?

"Its just a plan"  Well to the rest of the world a "plan" implies...heck I dunno....a PLAN?????

"1. A good engine is a LOT of work (besides 3d)" Really now.....its a lot of work?  Isn't that part of the reason you're charging $99.76 and will bump it to $134?

"2. We do not work for free" You seriously had to remind us of that?

"So we are trying to figure out some kind of solution"   Wait....I thought you had a PLAN...a finalized  plan?

OK guys...this one breaks the bank.....new level of incompetence has been reached at CS!  What say you all? 

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hilarious. Trying to fix what can't be fixed: The release price 😛

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

2 hours ago, Samaritano said:

Did you meant cs757_C*LM.dds? There are also _S*LM.dds and _T*LM.dds files. Just want to make sure it works. Thank you.

Sorry wasn’t clear, the cs757_C*LM.dds  are moved. Should count 22 .dds files. 

This eliminates the dome light effect when the front panel floods are turned on. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

22 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

[...]

Hold on a mintute.....CS JUST said these were finalized plans not even 20 mins ago.

"Just draft plans. We got to finish PW4060 first anyways"   Draft plans?  DRAFT FREAKING PLANS?  you mean to tell me your  finalized  plans 20 mins ago are now DRAFT plans?

"Its just a plan"  Well to the rest of the world a "plan" implies...heck I dunno....a PLAN?????

"1. A good engine is a LOT of work (besides 3d)" Really now.....its a lot of work?  Isn't that part of the reason you're charging $99.76 and will bump it to $134?

"2. We do not work for free" You seriously had to remind us of that?

"So we are trying to figure out some kind of solution"   Wait....I thought you had a PLAN...a finalized  plan?

OK guys...this one breaks the bank.....new level of incompetence has been reached at CS!  What say you all? 

Hah! What I say? There's not enough popcorn in the world!

• Like 3

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I am OperatorDerp on the CS forums, Dont know if any of you saw it, Im no lawyer or anything but i do work in Law Enforcement in the US and talked with one of my friends that is a lawyer and she knows the law pretty well, In Canada, its illegal for them to release it (the 767) At $99.76 initially, and then Raise the price to $134.99 but on sale for $99.76. I called them out for this, The Topic got a pretty good amount of reply's and was eventually deleted when we hit +2000 views, and i was muted for about 12 hours. Couldnt post anything at all and was logged out by an administrator, after they took the forums down. The fact they implied we'd get the engine expansions for free with the base pack then releasing we have to, Surprise, Pay out other Arm and leg for the expansions could easily fall under bait and switch laws. Personally id love to see them taken to court over it, I dont want to say ive been leading the charge (Which i havent, its the community as a whole) but my last ~10 ish posts have been asking for price justification, to no surprise have been ignored. 

No argument is Complete without Evidence to back it up:

Canadian Law

Screenshot_3.jpgTU_7ojfcRSS-rqVwhiu-Nw.png

Edit #2: Just to Clarify, CS is a Canadian based company so this 100% applies to them, sorry i didnt mention in the first place

Edited to fix my amazing Spelling, Sorry in advance, I learn from Captainsim "Which is perfect"Screenshot_53.png

Edited by Jarblibarb04
Clarification
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

The Great Captain Sim Money Heist - 767 Edition

Hey Guys, just wanted to throw in a little update that I've written to one of FSElite's editorial team members detailing most of what's been discussed here along with OperatorDerp's post on the legality of their pricing. They have acknowledged my email and will be responding by tomorrow. 

Edited by themasterWookie
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Chirag Abichandani

Just now, themasterWookie said:

Hey Guys, just wanted to throw in a little update that I've written to one of FSElite's editorial team members most of what's been discussed here along with OperatorDerp's post on the legality of their pricing. They have acknowledged my email and will be responding by tomorrow. 

You're awesome, was considering the same, Cant wait to see whats in the works, if you need any of that post let me know i think i have a few screenshots 😃

6 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Hah! What I say? There's not enough popcorn in the world!

LOL...I say we may actually see CS backpedal a little on this one.

All the arrogance they display most of the time may actually be replaced with "Man, we may have really hurt ourselves with this one...huh...who knew...the flightsim community DOES have a limit on the word not allowed we feed them."

I love how the FINALIZED plan becomes a DRAFT plan right before our eyes....indicating that they may actually find another knife to skin their poor customers with.  One not as sharp, but will still get them money they clearly don't deserve. Aww......"A good engine is a LOT of work (besides 3d).....Poor, Poor CS babies.....they may actually have to do some coding work to pull off a convincing difference between the engine model types.  Hear this CS...as you made it perfectly clear that you don't "work for free"...understand more and more simmers now on to your game will hold you accountable and EXPECT to see the coding differences in the engine models you plan to charge us for.

What?  You "thought" you could just pop out new 3d models of the engines....charge us a premium price for each and expect us to just accept you did all that work?  Not anymore CS, not anymore.  You are under a microscope now...thank your own arrogance and insanity to think we'd keep drinking your Koolaid.  You're going to have to actually work to get your money...what a concept.

"So we are trying to figure out some kind of solution"  Uhhh...spoiler alert...you MADE your solution...deal with it...a "FINALIZED PLAN" means that you researched your options and decided on a plan to stick with.. What could have possibly changed to make you UN-FINALIZE your plan?  You were so proud of it an hour ago....what happened?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

You "thought" you could just pop out new 3d models of the engines

Along with the 3D modeling side of it, I posted on the Cockpit lights saying for $100-$135 i should have the luxury of choosing what style of Cockpit lights i want, I had it in the aerosoft Airbus X, which i payed a whole lot less for.  Was going to link it but surprise its deleted, Starting to see a theme here, I said that they've already re textured the plane, what would be the issue with redoing to modeling of the cockpit further down the line, If you truly are already redoing the throttle quad, whats the major malfunction here? needless to say i got a response saying something along the lines of the majority of people dont mind so no

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jarblibarb04 said:

I am OperatorDerp on the CS forums, Dont know if any of you saw it, Im no lawyer or anything but i do work in Law Enforcement in the US and talked with one of my friends that is a lawyer and she knows the law pretty well, In Canada, its illegal for them to release it (the 767) At $99.76 initially, and then Raise the price to $134.99 but on sale for $99.76. I called them out for this, The Topic got a pretty good amount of reply's and was eventually deleted when we hit +2000 views, and i was muted for about 12 hours. Couldnt post anything at all and was logged out by an administrator, after they took the forums down. The fact they implied we'd get the engine expansions for free with the base pack then releasing we have to, Surprise, Pay out other Arm and leg for the expansions could easily fall under bait and switch laws. Personally id love to see them taken to court over it, I dont want to say ive been leading the charge (Which i havent, its the community as a whole) but my last ~10 ish posts have been asking for price justification, to no surprise have been ignored. 

No argument is Complete without Evidence to back it up:

Canadian Law

Screenshot_3.jpgTU_7ojfcRSS-rqVwhiu-Nw.png

Edited to fix my amazing Spelling, Sorry in advance, I learn from Captainsim "Which is perfect"Screenshot_53.png

RESPECT MY BROTHER!

I think I've sniped a few of your posts too in my long diatribe here (I can't even count how many screenshots I've taken directly their forum now hidden purposely to keep potential customers from seeing the maelstrom on their hands.)

Thanks for all you're doing on your end...I'll keep my end up here and keep posting the ridiculousness we're seeing over there until they get wind of all the stuff I've been posting here and ban my account (for the 2nd time).

I really hope this post will act as a light-post that other simmers can rally around to hopefully, finally, get CS to fix their act, or leave.   I am sick of them....completely.

EDIT:
Oh...and I saw that "Perfect" post....I could not stop laughing.  Their flap animation is "perfect" too...until someone showed it its not..."Oh...yeah we're fixing that" 🤣

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

What could have possibly changed to make you UN-FINALIZE your plan?  You were so proud of it an hour ago....what happened?

They probably just realized they could fleece more users by including the CF6 with the 200 so that anyone who wants a CF6 freighter will need to get that expansion too.

• Like 1

Brian W

KPAE

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

RESPECT MY BROTHER!

I think I've sniped a few of your posts too in my long diatribe here (I can't even count how many screenshots I've taken directly their forum now hidden purposely to keep potential customers from seeing the maelstrom on their hands.)

Thanks for all you're doing on your end...I'll keep my end up here and keep posting the ridiculousness we're seeing over there until they get wind of all the stuff I've been posting here and ban my account (for the 2nd time).

I really hope this post will act as a light-post that other simmers can rally around to hopefully, finally, get CS to fix their act, or leave.   I am sick of them....completely.

Ive decided to keep quiet on their forum for a bit, Much like other companies, if i dont support them why waste my time and energy for things that will inevitably be deleted. Im not going to give them that attention for now, I may have started the fire, But i have no problem watching it burn, and adding gas here and their

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jarblibarb04 said:

Along with the 3D modeling side of it, I posted on the Cockpit lights saying for $100-$135 i should have the luxury of choosing what style of Cockpit lights i want, I had it in the aerosoft Airbus X, which i payed a whole lot less for.  Was going to link it but surprise its deleted, Starting to see a theme here, I said that they've already re textured the plane, what would be the issue with redoing to modeling of the cockpit further down the line, If you truly are already redoing the throttle quad, whats the major malfunction here? needless to say i got a response saying something along the lines of the majority of people dont mind so no

Not sure if you've read through all my posts here...but I mentioned the whole lights coding too...I think you'll enjoy all I've posted...its quite extensive now that I'm reviewing all I've posted. 🙂

And, since I'm a painter and very familiar with how textures work...let me let the world in on a little secret.  That post where they patted themselves on the back for being fast to reply to all the simmers complaining about 1-4 fps external views.....they changed the base textures from 4k to 2k...and it sounds like a lot of work....NOT. 

Any painter who knows anything about how P3d (FSX, etc) renders textures, they know you have scale in "factors of 2" when it comes to texture map sizing.  Waaaay back when...main texture maps were 1024x1024.  Later then went to 2048x2048 as our simming hardware matured and we could handle it.  The 4k textures we have today are 4096x4096.  Now...a little more tech strategy when it comes to planning your texture maps.  NOBODY (well almost nobody) who knows anything about efficient model texturing would make all their ancillary texture maps 4k!!!  Its a complete waste (unless you're a dev that wants to show of static pics of a goregous external models of an APU, Radar Dish, Stewardess...lol... to lure unsuspecting customers to buy your planes).  The reasons are obvious...Kills simmer's frames when...oh I don't know...they actually try to fly the dang thing?

All CS did was take those textures from 4 to 2k.  I can do the same think they did in 15 mins.  In fact even faster if I was lazy and to do a bunch...I'd just record a simple Photoshop macro and let it do all the work for me.

So while I applaud CS for doing this, don't think it was hard by any means (and should have been done in the 1st place....just shows the lack of concern they have for performance).  And in that same post...I loved the person who posted (Paraphrasing)  "So you can address this issue quickly but ignore the real coding and lighting issues in the cockpit?"   Priceless. Of course they can!  They are experts with external modeling...that is their wheelhouse...no surprise to me why they could handle that so fast.  Keeping the plane from blowing past an altitude restriction...well...you know.

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Not sure if you've read through all my posts here...but I mentioned the whole lights coding too...I think you'll enjoy all I've posted...its quite extensive now that I'm reviewing all I've posted. 🙂

And, since I'm a painter and very familiar with how textures work...let me let the world in on a little secret.  That post where they patted themselves on the back for being fast to reply to all the simmers complaining about 1-4 fps external views.....they changed the base textures from 4k to 2k...and it sounds like a lot of work....NOT. 

Any painter who knows anything about how P3d (FSX, etc) renders textures, they know you have scale in "factors of 2" when it comes to texture map sizing.  Waaaay back when...main texture maps were 1024x1024.  Later then went to 2048x2048 as our simming hardware matured and we could handle it.  The 4k textures we have today are 4096x4096.  Now...a little more tech strategy when it comes to planning your texture maps.  NOBODY (well almost nobody) who knows anything about efficient model texturing would make all their ancillary texture maps 4k!!!  Its a complete waste (unless you're a dev that wants to show of static pics of a goregous external models of an APU, Radar Dish, Stewardess...lol... to lure unsuspecting customers to buy your planes).  The reasons are obvious...Kills simmer's frames when...oh I don't know...they actually try to fly the dang thing?

All CS did was take those textures from 4 to 2k.  I can do the same think they did in 15 mins.  In fact even faster if I was lazy and to do a bunch...I'd just record a simple Photoshop macro and let it do all the work for me.

So while I applaud CS for doing this, don't think it was hard by any means (and should have been done in the 1st place....just shows the lack of concern they have for performance).  And in that same post...I loved the person who posted (Paraphrasing)  "So you can address this issue quickly but ignore the real coding and lighting issues in the cockpit?"   Priceless. Of course they can!  They are experts with external modeling...that is their wheelhouse...no surprise to me why they could handle that so fast.  Keeping the plane from blowing past an altitude restriction...well...you know.

Repaints just scare me, ive made a total of 3, and it was the Old american Eagle and the new, pretty easy start for me. Your work ive been using since i started which is amazing thank you. I thought you had to go through and refocus them if you dropped the quality, Shows how much i know. This is pretty interesting what this is morphing into. I keep having hope they will drop the price but i think price drops went away with the good old FSX days, and even then CS was reluctant to go their. 

Personally, I find it interesting where their pricing comes from. Im still in school (Only a CSO currently in reference with my other post) but in this time ive taken Audit classes, i said it in the illegal post but thats long gone, Id love to see CS audited and see what goes where. Then Mention that they are dealing with pay cuts at their real jobs, Which i understand im in the same boat, but what makes them think were any different and have $100 to throw at them for a beta none the less. This could've been partially avoided if they were to have a beta team that tested the bugs out for an Early release. If you want examples on how to beta test Properly and Fast, Look no further than Leonardo, and they are way cheaper than you for way more. 

if they were to Answer the communities qyuestion, and come down off their cross of we are imaculate and dont have time for answering questions (See attached image,Sorry for Being on my laptop, was doing homework) The fact that they keep evading the matter and hiding from the people who are practically signing their paycheck. It really makes me question what people are thinking when they buy this. If you are content with what you can get, Go for it, im not here to tell you how to spend your money. But heir are some of us that dont have $100 to quite honestly word not allowed away on one model of a half completed plane, that is honestly in the most Uncommon Configuration in the world. But what do i know, I havent buying their products for quite some time or anythingunknown.png?width=841&height=475

• Like 1