Sign in to follow this  
BigT65

Electra 10A has No Sounds

I have P3Dv4.5, When I loaded up a flight today with the Electra 10A I could get no sound. I checked all the settings and everything looks good. I tried other airplanes and sound was as usual. Other programs, music, videos all have sound.  Only this Electra has no sound. Like the speakers are unplugged. The last time I flew the Electra was yesterday and the sound was fine. What could this be?

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Longshot - did you remove any aircraft since yesterday?

Sometimes Sound files are proxied off other aircraft & if that aircraft is removed, there can be problems.

To check if its proxied have a look in the SimObjects/Aircraft/Electra10A/Sound folder

T45

No, I have not added or removed any aircraft. I did look in the sound folder for that plane and there were several sound files in there. Nothing has been changed. When I stopped flying that night I left the plane at 12,500 feet at a mountain airport in Peru. I had a hard time starting the plane the next day and there was also the sound problem. I naturally thought that the two events were related. I never could get the engine running right so I switched it out for a Piper Comanche 250. This one had sound. When I got down to an airport at 3,000 feet I switched back to the Electra. Here the Electra started but still no sound. So this is where it is.?

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

Any wild ideas will be considered.

Edited by BigT65

If I was to delete the aircraft.cfg file for the Electr 10A would the program recreate it and would this action maybe fix the sound problem?

So, I finally decided what i needed to do was reinstall P3Dv4.5. I reinstalled the client, the content and the scenery. I didn't see, or hear, any improvement right at first. After playing around with it for another half a day the ATC sound returned on all the aircraft so I loaded up the Electra to see if it was fixed and YES it was. So I don't know what ultimately solved the problem but I now have ATC voices back and the Electra is full sound again.😃