Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

30 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

"50mbps" Are there many people who get that ?

Depends on your location mostly. I've got 240 Mbps download and 40 Mbps upload. If I want, I could upgrade to 500/100 with my provider. So far I'm happy with the 240/40, but if I could benefit from 500/100 in the MSFS, I'll upgrade for sure 🙂

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Steve_Ellis said:

"50mbps" Are there many people who get that ?

I don't see my MSP with anything lower than 25. Could be different in other areas, but 50 is more common than you think.

Sante Sottile

1 hour ago, Darcanlos said:

If they are releasing specs, then they are quite advanced in development, aren't they?

Now I'm only speculating here but it makes you wonder are MS about to release a paid beta, which might have forced LM's hand and sort of forced them to release P3D v5 before the ideal time i.e. before it was really ready for a full release, in an effort to retain their user base?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

I wish they included what resolutions those specs are tied to.

That indeed is the key question.  Res, # of monitors, "if addons..." (other than base simulator).

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

11 minutes ago, eaim said:

Now I'm only speculating here but it makes you wonder are MS about to release a paid beta, which might have forced LM's hand and sort of forced them to release P3D v5 before the ideal time i.e. before it was really ready for a full release, in an effort to retain their user base?

I really believe that after these system requirements.

I think the beta phase will be open to anyone who is subscriber to their gamepass.

Think I'm almost at the ideal specs, just need 32gb ram thou, but for the save the date, I was kinda expecting more. but this is big enough!

Yay, seems I can keep my overclocked 2500K because it CPU Marks quite close to the recommended i5 8400 and even at stock it will almost match the minimum 4460. So if everything remains reliable, I'm golden for at least a mid-tier experience.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Well, my actual PC will finally go to my son's room for his school and games as I promised him. My actual machine that I assembled in the spring of 2011, 5 months after he was born, with the 2600K OC to 4.5 GHZ, 16 DDR3 RAM, later upgraded with a GTX 1070 8GB and 500GB SSD (for flight simulators), serves me well now in XP11 and DCS, yet will certainly not deliver the full VFR immersion I witness in MSFS promo videos...

So tonight I told him that it will be officially his gift for this 10th birthday next winter...

This being said, the MSFS official specs are pretty reasonable.

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 3

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

2 hours ago, pracines said:

Yes....Very interesting that an "X" is ideal rather than a "K"...so a 3080Ti should hit it out of the park.:biggrin:

That is interesting.  Might mean they're leveraging many cores in a meaningful way 😁

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

9 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Well, my actual PC will finally go to my son's room for his school and games as I promised him.

I'll be tossing mine out the window.  Perhaps.  😈

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

will an overclocked i7-3770K at 4.5GHz with EVGA GTX 1080 FTW be good enough to run this?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

will an overclocked i7-3770K at 4.5GHz with EVGA GTX 1080 FTW be good enough to run this?

They never quote Overclocked CPU`S so a 9900k is 3.6ghz.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

32 minutes ago, Mace said:

That is interesting.  Might mean they're leveraging many cores in a meaningful way 😁

Cores or threads? Comparing to K it has double number of threads.