Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

That's enough. Play nice of leave the playground. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

The part I'm interested in is what combination is best? All of the recommended in either level of course. But what if you have a lesser system then average, but a better d/l speed? 

What if you have a lesser d/l speed but a better system? 

WHat is the overall key to performance? CPU/GPU/RAM was a difficult balance let alone now factoring in your internet speed. 

Edited by Doug47
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure this will be revealed. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 minute ago, 188AHC said:

I'm sure this will be revealed. 

By who and when??!! 😩😱😣

59 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

The part I'm interested in is what combination is best? All of the recommended in either level of course. But what if you have a lesser system then average, but a better d/l speed? 

What if you have a lesser d/l speed but a better system? 

WHat is the overall key to performance? CPU/GPU/RAM was a difficult balance let alone now factoring in your internet speed. 

I don't know... my system is pretty long in the tooth now but still works great. Most of my specs fall in the recommended area except bandwidth ( I have Gigabit Fiber, so I'm more than OK there), video card is a 1050TI 4Gb, I have 16Gb ram, but unfortunately my CPU is an i7-3820 @ 3.6ghz. I really thought that would not be a problem but now I'm wondering if the sim will not run or install because my CPU falls below the minimum spec. I'm more than ok with running the sim at 2K, so thought I would be fine with my "old" PC until I'm ready to upgrade. Now I'm not sure...

• Like 1

Ken

2 hours ago, B777ER said:

Your logic makes zero sense. You think development groups say, let's make this so it runs so-so on $5,000 computers so we can make the game last. Please...

It’s called future proofing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have 2 HDD - one is 512GB with only 140 GB left, has P3D on it now

The other is a 2TB NAS drive. I dont know what NAS means, but would i be able to install flight simulator on the NAS drive? as it has 1.7TB free

All other specs are between recommended and Ideal

Thanks

Raknal

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

On 4/22/2020 at 1:13 AM, simtom said:

Thanks for the link. What is your ISP speed, Tom, if I may ? 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

20 hours ago, Turpentine said:

This may sound like heresy on these boards, but I am semi-seriously considering the option of getting an Xbox Series X for MSFS2020... Reality is, I would be spending 1.5k-2k on a new desktop solely for FS, I would not need it for anything else. I'm not a big gamer, but I certainly would be using the Xbox for more than only flying.

I guess my main worries about the Xbox option are (1) that MSFS2020 gets released months later on this platform and (2) the limitations related to peripherals. Am I forgetting other downsides with that plan? Anyone considering this option?

It’s quite a sensible thought I think. It’s at least worth waiting to see what the experience looks like on the system, and consoles have a habit of producing performance that’s much higher than the sum of its parts. The main problem I think though is we have no idea how long it will be until an Xbox version actually arrives. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Doug47 said:

WHat is the overall key to performance?

IMO the priority you should stick to is:

GPU > RAM > Internetspeed > CPU / SSD

Bear in mind, that a really bad component of a lower category can of course impact performance severly as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Thanks for the link. What is your ISP speed, Tom, if I may ? 

Around 160 Mbps (20 MB/s).

• Like 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

I think the main limiting factor will still be the GPU, followed by internet bandwidth. CPU will be more of a factor than other types of games, but not as much as the GPU. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GodAtum said:

Anyone know if MSFS will benefit from SLI?

SLI is a thing of the past and have been a waste of money for years by now. I woudn't count on it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

How about CPU ... can anyone confirm if it likes mores cores or more speed?