Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

@GodAtum No one can confirm anything, if they are in a position to do so they are under NDA. There's been a lot of changes and rewriting of the engine, so it's difficult to speculate to what extent it shall be multithread optimised. And this is why most of us should probably leave buying a new system until after release.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

It’s quite a sensible thought I think. It’s at least worth waiting to see what the experience looks like on the system, and consoles have a habit of producing performance that’s much higher than the sum of its parts. The main problem I think though is we have no idea how long it will be until an Xbox version actually arrives.

It is a good option to consider, though we do need more info to really make an educated choice. While the console can perform better than the sum of its parts might indicate, it will likely be limited by the amount of RAM, 12GB for the Xbox One and 16 GB for the new Series X. Both of which share the RAM between the CPU and GPU. Even with the fast NVMe storage on the new Series X, I suspect they will need to limit something to run the sim at 4k on the console. Many games on the current Xbox One have to limit their resolution and/or frame rates, for example.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates#PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates_Comparison_Chart

Another consideration is that for multiplayer, all Xbox games require an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online, while most PC games don't any subscription (MMOs are the main exception).

I found some information from another forum:

CPU - I7 / 7700K 4.8 Ghz OC,
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1080 / 8Go
RAM 32 Go (2 X 16 Go) Corsair
HDD 960 Evo NVMe | M2- 500 Go SSD

Performance at LFPG with lots of clouds, A320, AI Traffic, airport traffic, and vehicle traffic all set to 50% 

Medium: 50+ fps

High End: 35-40 fps

Ultra (all sliders to right): fluid 25-35 fps with no stuttering

cpu usage 50 %
memory usage 50%
GPU usage 90-95%

Edited by cepact
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, cepact said:

For the base sim this doesn't look bad. This also seems to bolster any notion of the GPU being the most crucial component and it looks like this guy could improve performance even by going to a higher GPU.

Though I wonder what happens when you stick a complex 3rd party airliner into the mix. I'm thinking about whether the CPU headroom could alleviate the performance impact of an addon aircraft given the sim itself doesn't seem too reliant on the CPU.

We'll see.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

52 minutes ago, threegreen said:

For the base sim this doesn't look bad. This also seems to bolster any notion of the GPU being the most crucial component and it looks like this guy could improve performance even by going to a higher GPU.

Though I wonder what happens when you stick a complex 3rd party airliner into the mix. I'm thinking about whether the CPU headroom could alleviate the performance impact of an addon aircraft given the sim itself doesn't seem too reliant on the CPU.

We'll see.

Although what we know already is that A320 (and other aircraft) are a little more complex then your average default aircraft. Evidently. So maybe the jump to a 3rd party add-on may not be as big a jump as before? 

Maybe. 

Edited by Doug47
spelling
  • Upvote 2

On 4/22/2020 at 5:57 AM, pracines said:

....its like the ALPA test is more a marketing technique. 🤷‍♂️ 

I'm (happily) baffled myself. 🥴😄

I've long felt it was a give and take. While we get to help test out the sim, in return we are also testing out their server side for stress as once this goes live, Thousands of users will be streaming info for the sim. What better way to test that than phasing in users to get an idea of how that works before official launch.

I sent an email to the flight sim team about whether my older CPU would work or not; I got back a generic reply stating they couldn't assess individual systems. SMH because I didn't ask for that. The bottom line is everyone wondering about how MFS will run on their systems or about particular older components will simply have to wait until (a) you get an invite (unlikely) or (b) an open beta or early access or (c) MFS comes out for sale. I guess I will wait, see how or if MFS will run on my PC, and then upgrade if necessary at a future date. All I can do... 

Edited by BaronKen

Ken

29 minutes ago, rfelger said:

Guys, the support team sent me this link to test out our current setups. Works great! Thanks to the always helpful MSFS Team:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/microsoft-flight-simulator/19451

That page tell me that I don’t get the recommended requirements because my 7700k is worse than the i5-8400. So...

Edited by aleex

On 4/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, hanhamreds said:

I find it hard to believe that a 6yo GPU can be classed as recommended, at least a 1070 or more likely a 1080. The ideal specs are bang on though imo.

Shame they haven't quoted resolutions.

You should have a little more faith 😉

4 minutes ago, aleex said:

That page tell me that I don’t get the recommended requirements because my 7700k is worse than the i5-8400. So...

Oh wow, well it correctly identified my stuff so...

UPS123.png

2 hours ago, cepact said:

What is missing is the resolution.

• Upvote 2

Exactly, Resolution can change everything.

Edited by Tuskin38

I was also expecting something more earth shaking from a "save the date" announcement.

However, I am happy to see the wide range of hardware that's included.  This will allow a large number of people to participate at different levels.

I'm sure the majority of people on this forum will be on the high end side of this hardware spec! 

1 hour ago, rfelger said:

Guys, the support team sent me this link to test out our current setups. Works great! Thanks to the always helpful MSFS Team:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/microsoft-flight-simulator/19451

Thanks for posting that; the support team sent me a link to that site but somehow I missed that MFS was available to test for...

After running the test it shows that my system can run the sim; as I suspected only my CPU fails to meet the recommended spec but does meet the minimum requirement. Since I will be running the sim at 1080p I think I will probably be more than satisfied with how it runs and looks until I'm ready to buy a new system at a later date.

Thanks again! Now if I could just get that invite... 😉

Ken