Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

10 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

After running the test it shows that my system can run the sim; as I suspected only my CPU fails to meet the recommended spec but does meet the minimum requirement. Since I will be running the sim at 1080p I think I will probably be more than satisfied with how it runs and looks until I'm ready to buy a new system at a later date.

That's funny, everything but my GPU is recommended, and my CPU seems to be slightly better than ideal spec (A 2700x vs the 2700x Pro the ideal specs lists).

A 1050 (non-ti) seems to be right on the edge of what'll work.

Edited by Concodroid

My 1050Ti 4gb does seem to fall right on the edge of the 'recommended' spec, but does meet the requirement. It will do until I'm ready to upgrade to a new system, which I will do at some point when I'm ready. I don't want to buy a new computer just to run a game. (Though to be honest I probably would if I had to! 😊

Ken

34 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

Thanks for posting that; the support team sent me a link to that site but somehow I missed that MFS was available to test for...

After running the test it shows that my system can run the sim; as I suspected only my CPU fails to meet the recommended spec but does meet the minimum requirement. Since I will be running the sim at 1080p I think I will probably be more than satisfied with how it runs and looks until I'm ready to buy a new system at a later date.

Thanks again! Now if I could just get that invite... 😉

No worries yeah mine is in the same boat as yours, no doubt still waiting for that email hopefully soon!

• Like 1

UPS123.png

Kinda wonder why they announced the specs. Must mean they are happy with the sim so far and are just doing some finishing touches. 

4 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Kinda wonder why they announced the specs. Must mean they are happy with the sim so far and are just doing some finishing touches. 

It's still in Alpha, so no. Finishing touches would be Beta.

18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's still in Alpha, so no. Finishing touches would be Beta.

What if the finishing touches require a redo of the needed specs?  Hence why they have listed them now. I'd say they feel pretty confident with what they have. 

10 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

A very interesting find 

Just a typo... technical beta makes no sense

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, BaronKen said:

My 1050Ti 4gb does seem to fall right on the edge of the 'recommended' spec, but does meet the requirement. It will do until I'm ready to upgrade to a new system, which I will do at some point when I'm ready. I don't want to buy a new computer just to run a game. (Though to be honest I probably would if I had to! 😊

The GTX 1050 Ti actually performs similarly to the minimum GTX 770, with the recommended GTX 970 being ~40% faster according to game benchmarks. If the site claims that it is very close to the recommended specification, then it is wrong.

20 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

A very interesting find

Thanks for the heads-up! Looks like a beta test is not that far away now, which is to be expected considering the system requirements are already specified.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exodus98 said:

Just a typo... technical beta makes no sense

I don't think this is a mistake, Asobo know that every move is being watched, with the release of specs, and Asobo talking about seeing what they can do about releasing NDA's going forward, plus their comment about on the Wings Wednesday "The World is yours to explore", it might be wishful thinking but IMO it's pointing to some announcement about moving to Beta, hopefully and open one, personally I'm not bothered if it's a paid or free one.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 minute ago, eaim said:

I don't think this is a mistake, Asobo know that every move is being watched, with the release of specs, and Asobo talking about seeing what they can do about releasing NDA's going forward, plus their comment about on the Wings Wednesday "The World is yours to explore", it might be wishful thinking but IMO it's pointing to some announcement about moving to Beta, hopefully and open one, personally I'm not bothered if it's a paid or free one.

I can only hope that you are right...

Here's more evidence that it is not a mistake, a Technical Beta trailer of another Xbox Game Studios title, from last January.

This means they have used this exact term at least once recently.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm guessing whoever made the site just copy and pasted the 'Opt Out' text from another game's technical beta page, and just forgot to change that to alpha.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well it isn't worded wrong, just that it isn't meant to say Technical Beta (yet)

Yes, though a post above said that a "Technical Beta" term doesn't make sense and that it does not suggest a Technical Beta will exist. Now that we know Xbox Game Studios use this term, it seems likely that they are preparing for a Technical Beta but replaced that message too early.

Considering the Wing Wednesday hint that eaim noted above, the release of the system requirements and the hint that the team will do something regarding lifting the NDA, this is aligning well into a Technical Beta announcement. I'll keep my expectations in check, but today's development update could be very interesting...

Edited by ChaoticBeauty
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

and the hint that the team will do something regarding lifting the NDA

I still think misinterpreting that statement. Pretty sure they just meant they'd read the thread and pick out some requests to try and fulfill today.

Edited by Tuskin38