Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

2 hours ago, pmb said:

And this was said by a person notoriously bashing MSFS for several months now.

Kind regards, Michael

Do you have a link Michael? It would be interesting to see who it is to ignore his opinion if for some reason he has a grudge against MSFS.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

If it was as bad as he was saying, and also if it really was 'just a game for kids' as others are saying, not many testers would stick around and word would get out quick and we'd all hear about it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eaim said:

Do you have a link Michael? It would be interesting to see who it is to ignore his opinion if for some reason he has a grudge against MSFS.

You're welcome:

https://www.simflight.de/dann-kann-der-neue-ja-bestellt-werden/

Die erste Variante beim FS2020 reicht für nothing, die mittlere Variante reicht für Offline Modus oder online Frust und die dritte für wirkliche Freude, wobei 8 GB Grafik RAM da auch eher noch zu wenig sind.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 4/22/2020 at 12:52 AM, Darcanlos said:

If they are releasing specs, then they are quite advanced in development, aren't they?

Not necessarily...nevertheless...very good to know the specs at this point though!

B4kCmni.png

On 4/22/2020 at 12:52 AM, Darcanlos said:

If they are releasing specs, then they are quite advanced in development, aren't they?

Edited by Captain747

Hi guys, I have a last question regarding the motherboard I will purchase for MSFS, the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX. I will put a 2x8GB RAM on it but I plan to go to 4x8GB in the future.

Is this motherboard (with a Ryzen5 3600 on it) allows 32 GB of RAM or is it limited somehow to 16GB?

I am sorry if it is a silly question but I can find any answer on internet (maybe because it is a silly question...)

Thanks

10 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Hi guys, I have a last question regarding the motherboard I will purchase for MSFS, the MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX. I will put a 2x8GB RAM on it but I plan to go to 4x8GB in the future.

Is this motherboard (with a Ryzen5 3600 on it) allows 32 GB of RAM or is it limited somehow to 16GB?

I am sorry if it is a silly question but I can find any answer on internet (maybe because it is a silly question...)

Thanks

The motherboard supports up to 64 GB. Refer to the manual https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C02v1.3.pdf

28 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Thanks

One important note is that two memory modules will give slightly better performance than four (2x16 vs 4x8).

• Like 1

Each to his own … but I'm struggling to understand the logic of DESPERATELY wanting to spend any money or effort on upgrading NOW.

Most people have actually - at this moment - quite adequate systems which can reasonably run the simulator as is.

I'm certainly in need of an eventual upgrade (old Dell 2710 with old i7, measly 16GB RAM, old style HDD, and a retarded graphics card I'm too embarrassed to publicly discuss).  But this old banger gets me by - for my current needs - just fine for the time being!

My cheapskate 2c strategy, for what it's worth, is to wait until AFTER the game simulator has been finally released, and then only, on the basis of what the knowledgeable enthusiasts have finally found out by actual experience, look around and upgrade.

My general buying opinion is to usually choose from the 2nd or 3rd tier (if buying new), because the top tier is generally almost always waaaayyy over-priced.  And usually, nothing beats buying top-rated equipment second-hand from the breathless eager-beavers upgrading to the latest bling

By the end of the year, prices should have come down, much better specc'd equipment should be available, and the pricing options just before the Xmas season would seem to be an all round better proposition to obtain a real VALUE upgrade.

Buying now seems decidedly premature … in every which way.

Soooo …. (genuine question!)

What am I NOT understanding about the supposed advantages or compulsion of upgrading right now???

So many questions ...

🤔

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Noooch said:

A currently in production motherboard supporting only 16 MB - yeah, that would be silly. 😉

48 minutes ago, Jonnoxx said:

Each to his own … but I'm struggling to understand the logic of DESPERATELY wanting to spend any money or effort on upgrading NOW.

You are right, there is NO logic to upgrade NOW.

Edited by michal

51 minutes ago, Jonnoxx said:

Soooo …. (genuine question!)

What am I NOT understanding about the supposed advantages or compulsion of upgrading right now???

PC building is a hobby, no? It goes hand in hand with my other hobby of flight games simulators. Not too often I get to build a new PC so I get excited about it. And when a new sim comes around is about the only time I can justify in my mind, and to my wife on why I need to spend all this money. I don't have the spare cash to just drop $3,000 on a new build all at once so I get a list together with the parts I want and buy it over time. I take into account update cycles for processors and GPU's so if something may be on the horizon I'll hold off on that part. But it's a safe bet I can get a case, power supply, ram, motherboard and other things right now. That technology doesn't change a whole lot. In about a 4-5 month time I'll have everything ready to put together.

My goal is to build a PC that is spec'd even higher than what was released as "Ideal Specs". That way I can account for framerate heavy addons. 

• Like 3

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

31 minutes ago, michal said:

A currently in production motherboard supporting only 16 MB - yeah, that would be silly. 😉

You are right, there is NO logic to upgrade NOW.

There's always a reason for not to upgrade, there's always something better for the same or less money than currently available, if you never take the plunge you'll never get a new rig.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

5 hours ago, Jonnoxx said:

Just a wild guess but perhaps people are planning to do other things with their upgraded pc's before MSFS is out but want to take into consideration MSFS requirements with their build?

• Like 2

@Jonnoxx @michal I was thinking just like you about not even thinking to buy something until the sim is out but things have happened to me meanwhile.

Just think about the fact maybe you don't know everything about my life and the reasons I start planning a motherboard and CPU purchase. You will sleep better at night 🙂

@PWJT8D @eaim and @Kopteeni are right. Actually there can be a ton of reasons to start consider it now, especially, like @PWJT8D , if I don't have the money to spend all at once.

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 2