Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

X, K, KS, M N L O P Q R S I don't think it will matter to be honest. As long as you get a top of the line CPU worthy of gaming, whether that be with AMD or Intel I'm sure you will be just fine. Possibly we are over analyzing this. I'm building a system with an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X and a GTX 2080 Ti and calling it good. I won't lose any sleep over it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Competition between AMD & Nvidia, Intel & AMD is ramping up. Word on the street is that the Ampere RTX 3060 will have equal performance to a 2080. So stoked, just a bit more patience guys before upgrading, it will be worth it!!!

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

2 hours ago, canadiantree said:

Competition between AMD & Nvidia, Intel & AMD is ramping up. Word on the street is that the Ampere RTX 3060 will have equal performance to a 2080. So stoked, just a bit more patience guys before upgrading, it will be worth it!!!

Actually the report is from an fairly unreliable source and even then, they said it's possible that the it's only the Ray Tracing performance is equal to a 2080TI, not the brute force of the card itself, apparently it's the 3070 that is the equivalent to the 2080TI even then they're probably only guessing. But I agree that the 30xx series has the potential to be a game changer for our hobby, especially in the bang for buck performance stakes.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

12 hours ago, canadiantree said:

That report was confirmed to be a fake. Plans are changing all the time, and now it appears that NVIDIA are planning to use three different nodes. We don't how they will be distributed, but it's almost certain that the better 7nm node will be utilised in HPC cards. What's for sure though is that they feel threatened by RDNA 2, which is why they are tapping into more 7nm capacity and already booked 5nm wafers.

• Like 2

MS specifying a Intel i7 9800X, a somewhat out of date workstation targeted CPU that implements quad channel memory, as "ideal" is a head scratcher to say the least, considering too that it shares that ideal distinction with a main stream, and slightly out of date and dual channel, AMD 2700X.  In a way, this seems a bit of a wink at AMD IMO. Overall I find it silly (to say it politely) that they put this info out so early (heck, FS2020 is still in alpha test), since by year's end new processor families from both Intel and AMD will be hitting the street.  I think what they are really saying is: to get the best, you'll need the best (which is just as it always has been, though AMD gets a hall pass here 😄).

Quad channel memory...really?

Exciting times lie ahead is one of the few things that is certain here.

Edited by TheFamilyMan
Now got it right, thanks to michal
  • Like 1

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

31 minutes ago, TheFamilyMan said:

MS specifying a Intel i9 9900X,

No, they specified i7-9800X which is also out of date.

Thanks for the heads up.  Guess my wires got crossed as I was drilling this stuff down.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

They use the sim to advertise the new Surface book 3.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

11 minutes ago, Krakin said:

They use the sim to advertise the new Surface book 3.

From what I can gather it seems the graphic options are between Nvidia 1650 or 1660Ti

Give people power to really test their personality.

1 hour ago, SamYeager said:

From what I can gather it seems the graphic options are between Nvidia 1650 or 1660Ti

What does that mean? the 1660Ti is newer but far less powerful than a 2080 or even a 1080 isn't it?

10 minutes ago, Noooch said:

What does that mean? the 1660Ti is newer but far less powerful than a 2080 or even a 1080 isn't it?

It means it could ran it, but not on max settings. The recommended GPU is a GTX 970, and I think both cards are more powerful than the 970.

I'm thinking of buying this system below and I'd appreciate any feedback on the various elements for use with MSFS:

ASUS TUF Intel Z390-PLUS 9th Gen ATX Motherboard USB 3.1, Dual M.2, DDR4
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K 8 Core Processor (3.60GHz, 5.0GHz Turbo) 16MB L3 Cache 
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
64GB 3000MHz DDR4 (4 x 16GB) - Corsair Vengeance LPX 
8GB SUPER NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Graphics Card 
1TB M.2 PCIe QLC 3D Performance NVMe SSD/Solid State Drive 
2TB SATA III 6GB/s 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive 64MB Cache 8ms
Gigabyte Intel 11ac High Speed up to 1733 Mbps + Bluetooth V5 PCIe Wireless Network Card Add
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional  64 Bit - Installed on SSD

Many thanks

15 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

I'm thinking of buying this system below and I'd appreciate any feedback on the various elements for use with MSFS:

ASUS TUF Intel Z390-PLUS 9th Gen ATX Motherboard USB 3.1, Dual M.2, DDR4
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K 8 Core Processor (3.60GHz, 5.0GHz Turbo) 16MB L3 Cache 
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
64GB 3000MHz DDR4 (4 x 16GB) - Corsair Vengeance LPX 
8GB SUPER NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Graphics Card 
1TB M.2 PCIe QLC 3D Performance NVMe SSD/Solid State Drive 
2TB SATA III 6GB/s 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive 64MB Cache 8ms
Gigabyte Intel 11ac High Speed up to 1733 Mbps + Bluetooth V5 PCIe Wireless Network Card Add
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional  64 Bit - Installed on SSD

Many thanks

Man are you serious?

What are you worry about exactly?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Man are you serious?

What are you worry about exactly?

Apologies, I am very new to all this, so just wanted some advice.

It's a build for high-end graphic design and film, but wasn't sure how well it would work with the new flight sim. Is it quite 'future proof'?