Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

51 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

It's a build for high-end graphic design and film, but wasn't sure how well it would work with the new flight sim. Is it quite 'future proof'?

No reason to worry about how well it will run the new simulator without any add-ons at least, it exceeds the optimal system requirements. If you want it to be future-proof, it is not a good idea to build a new system with next-generation hardware coming in the next few months, unless you need the system now. Your CPU and motherboard are already a generation behind, and several rumours and leaks suggest that the current generation of GPUs will be smoked by the next one when it comes to performance and value.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

No reason to worry about how well it will run the new simulator without any add-ons at least, it exceeds the optimal system requirements. If you want it to be future-proof, it is not a good idea to build a new system with next-generation hardware coming in the next few months, unless you need the system now. Your CPU and motherboard are already a generation behind, and several rumours and leaks suggest that the current generation of GPUs will be smoked by the next one when it comes to performance and value.

When are these new pieces of kit being released?

5 minutes ago, benwbriscoe said:

When are these new pieces of kit being released?

Later in May we will have Comet Lake with the Z490 motherboards, and in June we will have the B550 motherboards with PCIe 4.0 and Zen 3 support. Zen 3, RDNA 2 and Ampere are expected to be out by October.

I realy hope those system req will be correct. I remember fsx couldnt run smootly on the recomended specs back in 2006.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, benwbriscoe said:

I'm thinking of buying this system below and I'd appreciate any feedback on the various elements for use with MSFS:

ASUS TUF Intel Z390-PLUS 9th Gen ATX Motherboard USB 3.1, Dual M.2, DDR4
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K 8 Core Processor (3.60GHz, 5.0GHz Turbo) 16MB L3 Cache 
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
64GB 3000MHz DDR4 (4 x 16GB) - Corsair Vengeance LPX 
8GB SUPER NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Graphics Card 
1TB M.2 PCIe QLC 3D Performance NVMe SSD/Solid State Drive 
2TB SATA III 6GB/s 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive 64MB Cache 8ms
Gigabyte Intel 11ac High Speed up to 1733 Mbps + Bluetooth V5 PCIe Wireless Network Card Add
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional  64 Bit - Installed on SSD

Many thanks

If wifi is needed, why buy a network card instead of a motherboard with it built in? It will make for a cleaner build and the ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming WiFi board is still a modest $169.99.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

8 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Isn't new hardware always coming out in the next few months? You're never truly ahead of the curve when building computers. Something is always obsolete the next week.

5 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

I realy hope those system req will be correct. I remember fsx couldnt run smootly on the recomended specs back in 2006.

That is a point I've been trying to get across. Those Ideal specs are for just MSFS. If you want to be able to run a high fidelity aircraft and whatever other addons we will start stacking into the sim, you will want to build a system that is far above the ideal specs.

• Like 2

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

24 minutes ago, PWJT8D said:

Isn't new hardware always coming out in the next few months? You're never truly ahead of the curve when building computers. Something is always obsolete the next week.

I would agree with you if the simulator was already available, but it isn’t. 

The new hardware releases will probably be available before the sim. In that case waiting is, in my opinion, a better choice. 

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

7 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Not always. Earlier this year was a great time to build a system for example, if you needed one at the time. Zen 2 was more mature then (when it came to yields and firmware), Navi GPUs pushed NVIDIA to release the Super line improving the value overall, and SSD prices had not shot up yet. At that time, we only had leaks suggesting that Ampere would present incremental gains due to being fabbed on an older process, but now we know that RDNA 2 is going to be a significant upgrade, and that NVIDIA are now scrambling to find enough 7nm capacity in order to compete. And at this point it is almost certain that Zen 3, RDNA 2 and Ampere products will be released in the September-October timeframe.

And as ca_metal said, the simulator is not out. I understand that someone might want to have their shiny new rig ready to enjoy the simulator as soon as it's released, but the wisest option would be to test it on your current hardware, gauge the graphics settings that would satisfy you, and then look at benchmarks and other people's experiences to decide on the best system within your budget. And when that time comes, you will be selecting among brand-new hardware that will probably not be replaced for the next 12 months or so.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Your right of course, but if anyone that has a really weak system, the current computer components that are the most up to date would still be a massive upgrade, in my system the weak point is the 1070, but it's good enough to be able to wait for something like a 3070 later in the year.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

12 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Yes and no. Yes new hardware is always being released. No it isnt being released in the same price/performance bracket.

Your flagship part is pretty much guaranteed to be your flagship for the generation and even if there’s a refresh after 12 months the performance increase is not going to give you buyers remorse. Once you’re in the new generation you’ve got a card that won’t be worth upgrading for 24 months. 

Ask 1080ti owners all about that. Nearly 48 months and the 1080ti is still one of the best graphics cards on the market.

Ampere should be the generation that makes 1080ti owners want to upgrade. Considering a new console generation is coming with a bigger push for 4K it would certainly seem likely. 

We’ll find out more about ampere specifically on may 14th and probably hear about their professional focused quadro line. 

-

The buyers of the 1080ti before the mining hype had a lucky hand.  My 780ti was only top notch for a very short time and quickly had too little VRAM...

23 minutes ago, ArchStanton said:

The buyers of the 1080ti before the mining hype had a lucky hand.  My 780ti was only top notch for a very short time and quickly had too little VRAM...

That would be me 😄 Got the 1080 Ti in December 2017. Best purchase ever.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

The last time I purchased a new "hot" PC was when MS released "Flight".

I believe I'm long overdue for a fresh high end PC.  A great way to celebrate the release of MSFS 2020!

• Like 3

i want to build a new one but I'm also curious what will happen to my i5 2500k o.c. to 4.4 when running this.