Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

1 hour ago, canadiantree said:

Nvidias full Ampere line up seems to have fully leaked confirming the 3060 will be on par with a 2080ti and the 3080ti being 40-70% faster than the card it's replacing!

I haven't been following the leakers for a long time, but this one doesn't seem to be the most reputable, so take this with a big grain of salt. The line-up leak has actually existed for a year now (with the exception of the GA101, which was removed when the Samsung 10nm rumours came up), but at least this leak does align with the entire line-up being RTX and the 18Gbps GDDR6 rumours.

But still, it doesn't suggest the RTX 3060 being anywhere close to the RTX 2080 Ti in rasterisation performance. A full GA106 chip, as long as it matches the rumoured core and memory clocks, is looking closer to the RTX 2070 Super.

23 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I haven't been following the leakers for a long time, but this one doesn't seem to be the most reputable, so take this with a big grain of salt. The line-up leak has actually existed for a year now (with the exception of the GA101, which was removed when the Samsung 10nm rumours came up), but at least this leak does align with the entire line-up being RTX and the 18Gbps GDDR6 rumours.

But still, it doesn't suggest the RTX 3060 being anywhere close to the RTX 2080 Ti in rasterisation performance. A full GA106 chip, as long as it matches the rumoured core and memory clocks, is looking closer to the RTX 2070 Super.

Yes I agree, rumors should always be taken with some measure of caution, I guess we'll find out more on Friday, alot of it makes sense though, but let's wait and see, I'm not upgrading my PC until the new GPUs and Ryzen CPUs come out anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

This is the card I'm waiting for. 12GB is still not enough 😞

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Wish the prices would be more reasonable! You could pick up a 1080 ti for about $AU1200 around launch but the 2080 ti price is around $AU2200! It scares me how much NVIDIA will markup the new series of GPU. I'm seriously looking at something from AMD to replace my 1080 ti, so I hope they are truly in the high end with this upcoming release. My fingers are triple crossed.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

On 5/12/2020 at 1:26 AM, ChaoticBeauty said:

I haven't been following the leakers for a long time, but this one doesn't seem to be the most reputable,

Yeah, when he starts with I know everything ... this is when I simply tune out, total rubbish.

I guess we'll find out soon enough whether the rumors were false, I'd say there's a good chance they aren't if Nvidia truly is worried about AMD ramping up competition.

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

4 hours ago, michal said:

Yeah, when he starts with I know everything ... this is when I simply tune out, total rubbish.

And to add to that, the leaker that leaked the Ampere line-up has said this video is fake and boring. Looking through that channel's videos, I can't find anything that turned out to be correct information. Meanwhile, that leaker I mentioned has a far greater track record, leaking the Super and most of the Matisse line-ups for example.

In a few hours we might know where to start, although most of the "leaks" in that video concern the gaming architecture and features, so best to keep expectations in check.

Microsoft have been slated by the gaming community for overhyping the XBOX reveal last week MS have apologised , not like them to overhype something.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

37 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Microsoft have been slated by the gaming community for overhyping the XBOX reveal last week MS have apologised , not like them to overhype something.  

What does this have to do with the topic?

Edited by Tuskin38

Are ideal specs for 4K?

• Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Are ideal specs for 4K?

They haven't said what resolution goes with what specs.

Edited by Tuskin38

4 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Are ideal specs for 4K?

We know the ideal specs run the sim at 4k very well for months

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Noooch said:

We know the ideal specs run the sim at 4k very well for months

Yes it's true that the ideal specs will run the current alpha very well at 4k, however how will it run if we get detailed airports and study level aircraft? Hopefully further optimisation will dispatch this question to the garbage bin.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I’m more and more fascinated to see what the Xbox series x will be able to do with this in due course, mainly the ultra fast IO stuff and how that might translate to optimum PC specs in the future, as well as the effect it could have on the sim itself. 

• Upvote 2

I would buy the XBOX if I got fluid FPS, max settings and didn't have to worry about CTDs and other nonsense with PCs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2