Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
simtom

MSFS Required Specs

Recommended Posts

Thanks for that detailed explanation which makes good sense.


Noel

System:  9900K@5.0Ghz Noctua NH-D15S, 32Gb 3200mHz DDR4, NVme 2Tb x 2, RTX 2070 Super, Win10 Pro, Dell curved 3440x1440, Saitek Yoke, TQ & Cessna Trim Wheel, UNLIMITED frames Vsync to 30Hz refresh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nvidias full Ampere line up seems to have fully leaked confirming the 3060 will be on par with a 2080ti and the 3080ti being 40-70% faster than the card it's replacing! 

Exciting times ahead. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, canadiantree said:

Nvidias full Ampere line up seems to have fully leaked confirming the 3060 will be on par with a 2080ti and the 3080ti being 40-70% faster than the card it's replacing!

I haven't been following the leakers for a long time, but this one doesn't seem to be the most reputable, so take this with a big grain of salt. The line-up leak has actually existed for a year now (with the exception of the GA101, which was removed when the Samsung 10nm rumours came up), but at least this leak does align with the entire line-up being RTX and the 18Gbps GDDR6 rumours.

But still, it doesn't suggest the RTX 3060 being anywhere close to the RTX 2080 Ti in rasterisation performance. A full GA106 chip, as long as it matches the rumoured core and memory clocks, is looking closer to the RTX 2070 Super.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I haven't been following the leakers for a long time, but this one doesn't seem to be the most reputable, so take this with a big grain of salt. The line-up leak has actually existed for a year now (with the exception of the GA101, which was removed when the Samsung 10nm rumours came up), but at least this leak does align with the entire line-up being RTX and the 18Gbps GDDR6 rumours.

But still, it doesn't suggest the RTX 3060 being anywhere close to the RTX 2080 Ti in rasterisation performance. A full GA106 chip, as long as it matches the rumoured core and memory clocks, is looking closer to the RTX 2070 Super.

Yes I agree, rumors should always be taken with some measure of caution, I guess we'll find out more on Friday, alot of it makes sense though, but let's wait and see, I'm not upgrading my PC until the new GPUs and Ryzen CPUs come out anyway.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the card I'm waiting for. 12GB is still not enough 😞


Aaron Vinci

----------------

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz / Windows 10 Professional 64 bit / 32GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM / EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 FTW 8GB RAM / 128MB SSD (OS Drive) / 2x2TB HDD / 750watt PSU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish the prices would be more reasonable! You could pick up a 1080 ti for about $AU1200 around launch but the 2080 ti price is around $AU2200! It scares me how much NVIDIA will markup the new series of GPU. I'm seriously looking at something from AMD to replace my 1080 ti, so I hope they are truly in the high end with this upcoming release. My fingers are triple crossed.


Daniel Glover

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 1:26 AM, ChaoticBeauty said:

I haven't been following the leakers for a long time, but this one doesn't seem to be the most reputable,

Yeah, when he starts with I know everything ... this is when I simply tune out, total rubbish.


Michael J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess we'll find out soon enough whether the rumors were false, I'd say there's a good chance they aren't if Nvidia truly is worried about AMD ramping up competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, michal said:

Yeah, when he starts with I know everything ... this is when I simply tune out, total rubbish.

And to add to that, the leaker that leaked the Ampere line-up has said this video is fake and boring. Looking through that channel's videos, I can't find anything that turned out to be correct information. Meanwhile, that leaker I mentioned has a far greater track record, leaking the Super and most of the Matisse line-ups for example.

In a few hours we might know where to start, although most of the "leaks" in that video concern the gaming architecture and features, so best to keep expectations in check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Microsoft have been slated by the gaming community for overhyping the XBOX reveal last week MS have apologised , not like them to overhype something.  


i7 7700K 4.8 \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Microsoft have been slated by the gaming community for overhyping the XBOX reveal last week MS have apologised , not like them to overhype something.  

What does this have to do with the topic?

Edited by Tuskin38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Are ideal specs for 4K?

They haven't said what resolution goes with what specs.

Edited by Tuskin38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Are ideal specs for 4K?

We know the ideal specs run the sim at 4k very well for months

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Noooch said:

We know the ideal specs run the sim at 4k very well for months

Yes it's true that the ideal specs will run the current alpha very well at 4k, however how will it run if we get detailed airports and study level aircraft? Hopefully further optimisation will dispatch this question to the garbage bin.

  • Like 1

Main PC: AMD Ryzen 3800X, GIGABYTE X570 Auros Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, SAMSUNG QVO (1TB) SSD, 2 * 1 TB M.2 2280 Nvme SSD, Toshiba (4TB) HDD, WD (2TB) HDD, PALIT GTX 1070* 8 GB vRAM, CORSAIR H100i GTX Water cooler, SAITEK X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, SAITEK YOKE, 2 * SAITEK throttles, SAITEK PEDALS

*Money from Grandstand seating from Silverstone F1 due to race being cancelled refunded and transferred to 30xx fund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    22%
    $5,550.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...