Sign in to follow this  
felan09

The 300 and P3D V5?

Hi guys,
tried the 300 with P3D V5 yesterday but had no success. Installation via XML-Method went fine and the bird loaded properly in the sim, but when 'touching' the AP all MFDs went black.
Is this an error on my side or does this bird need an update from Carenado?
Many thx and kind regards

DIRK

Dirk,

I am having an issue with Phenom 300 in P3Dv5. It was great in P3Dv4. I uninstalled it from P3Dv4, re-downloaded it from the Carenado site and installed it in P3Dv5.  The plane loads in the sim but I cannot start the engines. I tried it with "Ctrl +E" and In the" Ready to Taxi mode".

N2 spins up  to 24.8 % and the winds back down to "Engine Off" Mode, I made sure all switches were in the correct position and that I had no CAS alerts.

Does your bird start up? If you find a fix please let me know. I will do the same.

Best Regards

hari

I installed it in v5 using the download from when I upgraded it to v4. It installed and flies well but the pilot side PFD doesn't display correctly. The horizon line is all messed up. This is also true with the Carenado C208EX.

Richard

Can confirm that the engines stop working after spins up to 24-25% (can't recall the correct number). So, it's not an issue from our side...Carenado has to re-work this bird

On 4/25/2020 at 5:54 AM, Hari said:

I am having an issue with Phenom 300 in P3Dv5. It was great in P3Dv4. I uninstalled it from P3Dv4, re-downloaded it from the Carenado site and installed it in P3Dv5.  The plane loads in the sim but I cannot start the engines. I tried it with "Ctrl +E" and In the" Ready to Taxi mode".

What is your startup flight?

I have my RV7A as my startup airplane, and the Phenom loads and starts just fine..

Bert

For what it's worth, and that's because I've only just recently come back into flight simming after several years not flying, installing the Phenom for me was quite easy.

I did a registry hack I found on a youtube video. The guy explained how to edit the registry to "fool" the installers into thinking it was installing into the P3D v4 location, but it was really installing into the P3D v5 folders. The video was for installing a PMDG NGXu into v5 I believe.

Now to why I'm actually wring this post:

I'm very disappointed in this plane for v5, it's obviously not fully compatible yet, as not all my functions work in the VC, namely the auto pilot. I can do everything except engage it. Then there's the SVS addon, THAT don't work either. I keep getting the TERR ERR in the MFD, and not one function of that extra works. (Waste of money that was). Today I upgraded to the Navigraph Expansion pack, only to find out I can't actually "Load" a flight plan as in PLN file I made earlier. What is all THAT about Carenado? So basically if I run the same flight five days a week, I have to MANUALLY input the same flight plan in every time?

Screw that. This plane will stay in the hanger until such time where everything works. Or I'll just sell it for scrap if the scrap man comes first 😉

All in all, I'm not having a very good experience with P3D v5. It was quite a bit of money for what I'd call an Alpha version of something not ready for final release. It takes me back to my FSX days, where nothing was going right, and the reason I gave it all up back then. Again, NOTHING works, my Saitek panels, nope, my scenery, nope the planes, well some do work thankfully.

I don't think I'll be buying another Carenado plane though, sorry.

Installing and making it fly and work so no error for me with 2.1 patch :) So far support is shocking. I do have problems and you can read bout it here 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/593510-emb505-phenom-300-not-100-right-for-v5

Seems I posted it in the wrong selection but seems this board is not active.