Sign in to follow this  
bnm

TDS 707?

Hi, does anyone know if TDS is planning on making a 707 like they have the 727?

There is a noticeable lack of this aircraft in p3dv4.

Edited by bnm

4 minutes ago, bnm said:

a noticeable lack of this aircraft in p3dv4

Say that again, most certainly is. Been waiting for a replacement since CS's Captain 707.

ditto.

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Ask them. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I suspect that anyone who can professionally develop a plane for P3D is going to put there effort into something that will have professional and well as entertainment market appeal. That's where the big bucks are. No niche to fill with a professional Boeing 707 familiarity tool these days. Although maybe well get a lite one.

38 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

I suspect that anyone who can professionally develop a plane for P3D is going to put there effort into something that will have professional and well as entertainment market appeal. That's where the big bucks are. No niche to fill with a professional Boeing 707 familiarity tool these days. Although maybe well get a lite one.

Whilst that is true, you could kind of kill two birds with one stone where developing a B707 is concerned since the type is still in service in large numbers with the military. I suspect a good sim version of that for P3D would find some use with LM's professional military P3D clients, given its role as a military mission simulator. Variants still in service with the USAF alone include this lot: C-135, KC-135, NC-135, NKC-135, RC-135, OC-135B and the WC-135 and the USAF would have had more of them if they could have done so, had there been more ex commercial 707 airframes available for them to refurbish and convert.

And if someone was going to go to the trouble of doing that, then it would be fairly simple to bang some JT3 engine pods on the model and have a civilian 707 as well. Then whilst you were at it, shorten the model a bit and tweak the wing fairings to also have a 720 too. Then we could all pretend to be Clint Eastwood:

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Great clip, Alan. Made my day🤣

• Like 1