Sign in to follow this  
DanWayne

Pro Flight TPM not recognized by dmesg or in Flight Gear

Question

Good day, all. I hope you and your families are well and in good health.

I abandoned Microsoft for discontinued Windows 7 updates and discomfort with Windows 10 (and Microsoft in general). I think it's a good time to try FlightGear. I installed it; it seems to be running well. I have my Saitek Proflight Yoke connected by USB with the Pro Flight pedals and TPM connected through the yoke.

The rudders, elevators, and ailerons respond as expected when I apply pressure to the yoke or pedals. However, The ailerons respond to the throttle control, and the elevators respond to the mixture control on the TPM panel. (Moving the throttle or mixture controls does not affect those in the simulator.)

I think, according to the flightgear.org wiki, I should see all three panel through dmesg. But for command line "dmesg | grep Joystick", I get only:

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

Mad Catz Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals

Does anybody have any experience with using the TPM panel with Flight Gear? What did you do to get it to be recognized?

I'm running Ubuntu 18.04.04 LTS on an HP laptop, Model dy1023dx.

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Edited by DanWayne
Accidental Submit misfire... sorry.

3 answers to this question

I’d test the TPM direct usb, not through yoke. And assign the axis in settings.

...but you really need to make up with MS operating system...your just gonna get left behind.

99% of things to do with simulation is based on windows.

Luke Pype

Haven't booted Ubuntu for a long time but I remember to have needed a udev rule for my CH Joystick. Really silly indeed...🤢