Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Digital Design Tenerife South - P3Dv4 for free!

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have almost completed downloading the Canary Islands photoscenery

Could you pls indicate which version?. Is it from SimMarket too?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

40 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Guess I'll have to contact RFScenery Building to see if I can use a scenery that cost over A$25.

Good luck with that.  When I asked RFS for assistance with installation of GCXO after FSS closed down (every purchase at FSS required registration with the store itself using their Order Numbers), I was told that they did not keep track of purchases at various stores and essentially refused assistance.  I have a lot of different add-ons purchased over the years and so far RFS has been the only vendor to refuse assistance.

48 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

The freeware photo package works great. The dev was nice enough to even put the name of the island on the photo.bgl. I even added the AG textures and it looks good. All I need now is to fix the elevation at GCXO or buy the payware. Unless someone can confirm that there's no elevation issue at GCXO with the RFS version I'd have to settle for the freeware I just downloaded.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

53 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Cheers, Ed

Ed,

This is the one I downloaded.

Islas Canarias folder:

https://mega.nz/#F!LZcEyT5I!rvTfq8oluW5HNZiwQ78o-Q

Fast download and easy to make the ortho work with all the islands and payware airports.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Ed,

This is the one I downloaded.

Islas Canarias folder:

https://mega.nz/#F!LZcEyT5I!rvTfq8oluW5HNZiwQ78o-Q

Fast download and easy to make the ortho work with all the islands and payware airports.

Big thanks to you, too.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Free downloads from this website....

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/68/702

Big thanks. Seems that we'll have a nice time flying over the Canary Islands these days.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

51 minutes ago, otterspotter said:

Good luck with that.  When I asked RFS for assistance with installation of GCXO after FSS closed down (every purchase at FSS required registration with the store itself using their Order Numbers), I was told that they did not keep track of purchases at various stores and essentially refused assistance.  I have a lot of different add-ons purchased over the years and so far RFS has been the only vendor to refuse assistance.

Drat! Just when I was hoping to salvage something out of the mess that FSS left buyers, that's really dashed  any hopes.

Seems like Orbx had the foresight  to cut them out long before they left Orbx customers stranded.

A very poor, poor show from RFS. That's another A$25 down the pan!

9 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Drat! Just when I was hoping to salvage something out of the mess that FSS left buyers, that's really dashed  any hopes.

Seems like Orbx had the foresight  to cut them out long before they left Orbx customers stranded.

A very poor, poor show from RFS. That's another A$25 down the pan!

It's on sale right now at simmarket. If you decided to get it, please let me know if it works.

I can't get the elevation at GCXO to work properly. Anyone have a working freeware GCXO that they can point me to?

MK Studios offers both GCTS and GCXO for P3D with extended terrain coverage (labelled Tenerife vol. 1 and vol. 2).  The description for GCTS mentions coverage of the whole island.  Their sceneries are currently 30% off at Simmarket.

7 hours ago, edpatino said:

Big thanks. Seems that we'll have a nice time flying over the Canary Islands these days.

Cheers, Ed

Seems to not be free at simmarket, at least not anymore. (?)

Gothenburg Airport by RC-Design is free at the moment though...

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

4 minutes ago, Mace said:

Seems to not be free at simmarket, at least not anymore. (?)

Gothenburg Airport by RC-Design is free at the moment though...

I believe it expired at 24:00 UTC time like all of their daily freebies

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

6 hours ago, otterspotter said:

MK Studios offers both GCTS and GCXO for P3D with extended terrain coverage (labelled Tenerife vol. 1 and vol. 2).  The description for GCTS mentions coverage of the whole island.  Their sceneries are currently 30% off at Simmarket.

That looks like the route I'm going to have to take. I'm hoping I can just get away with just adding MK's GCXO with the freeware ortho and DD's Tenerife. I don't know if anyone else has tried this. I read a review of MK's GCXO and it might not even be worth 10 bucks. When a person (me) buys an entire TE region for $25 or high-quality airports for only $5, it's hard to justify spending $15 for one small airport.

For those looking for an excellent GCXO, I recommend the MK Studios version. It works with the freeware photo package. It's so good I still might get v1. The entire Island looks very enticing.

Rq1EUDv.jpg