Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

P3D v5 aircraft preview window black

When I start v5 the aircraft preview window is black. If I fly everything is normal and nothing goes wrong. Also if I select another aircraft the preview window will show the selected aircraft. Is this happening with anyone else?

I just bought V5 and the preview window was intermittent and slow to load, sometimes blank and sometimes has blue missing pixels scattered throughout the preview of the pictured aircraft. I uninstalled and reinstalled and now no matter what I do I cant get a preview pic to show at all.. I just signed up to this forum to see if anyone else is having the same problem I believe you are describing. If you find a solution please let me know. Thanks so much

Pat

I have exactly the same problem as Pat. Very frustrating! V5 however is running 100% with no other problems except the 'wall of death' at some airports (all default).

Leon

Leon Gerber

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core 4.12 Ghz (water cooled)GPU: MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12 GBMemory: Corsair 32GB / MB:  Asustek computer, TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS (WI-FI) (AM4) / SSD: Samsung 2GB 2x / HD: Seagate 4 GBPSU: ROG Strix 1000W

Yeah, until I open the list of planes, preview comes back. Another one of the small issues in v5 I suppose. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Good to hear I am not the only one.

I haven't experienced the "wall of death" yet.

And I haven't seen (!) anyone mention that when going to the airport selection menu, it doesn't auto-focus to the text box. They patched this into 4.3 or 4.4 and many people praised that small quality-of-life fix. I don't know why it missing in v5 , and it should be done for the Aircraft menu too.

• Like 1

Yup, it's a minor issue with V5 which I also see. Annoying yes and will presumably be fixed, so not exactly a show stopper.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have still this issue with blacked Preview Window. Anyone know this solution now? I tried it with deleting the shader cache, but doesn't worked.

If you have a NVidia GPU and use a custom Prepar3d NVidia Profile Inspector profile then delete it - it solved the black preview window issue for me.

Edited by hschuit