Sign in to follow this  
smoothchat

Will there be any water effects for seaplanes?

When the Icon is on the water, I wonder if there will be any water spray effects during takeoff/landing and taxiing?

Icon A5

It would sure be nice if there was.

Edited by smoothchat
  • Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

I've been waiting to see either a vid or a pic showing this too.  Since the Icon is a default plane I'm fairly certain the sim is going to handle water landings rather well.

At least I sure hope so.  I love flying float planes.

When I create dynamic water splash that interact with moving objects, I can tell you it takes a lot of time and machine power to simulate, and since there is a lot running in the simulator already, i expect only a shallow splash texture animation ..., I could find ways to improve all this though, on different scenarios, and perhaps mod it to myself, but i dont think this will be covered as it is something that only a hand full of people on earth can deal with.

https://ibb.co/GTfN7xb

Edited by mp15

No need for particle simulation, some dynamic water mesh and good particle effects would be decent. Take a look at Assassin's Creed Origins water effects for example.

Edited by Kaan KASIM

4 hours ago, smoothchat said:

When the Icon is on the water, I wonder if there will be any water spray effects during takeoff/landing and taxiing?

Icon A5

It would sure be nice if there was.

Between P3D 4.5 and P3D v5.0, there has been a most impressive betterment for wake and spray, so I can only imagine that certainly there will be a good rendition of both wake and spray, in the RTM. Furthermore, P3D v.5 has added a never before seen effect...that of as you take off, and leave the surface of the water body, you still see a single wake spray just aft of the vertical of the planes prop....which bleeds off with gained height. That has only appeared in P3D v5.0. So...again, I'll bet you that at least that, will be seen.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

...you still see a single wake spray just aft of the vertical of the planes prop....which bleeds off with gained height..

I wonder if you'd get that with low flying jets too? :wink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I assume so considering what was possible in the old game they worked on too.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Ya guys dont remember Donegol at 1:42? Its quick but watch the water

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

I assume so considering what was possible in the old game they worked on too.

That logic would only apply if MSFS was on the same engine, which maybe it is? I don't know if they've said.

35 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Ya guys dont remember Donegol at 1:42? Its quick but watch the water

Correction, Donegol is at 1:25-26

Edited by Tuskin38

I called 1:24 so people dont miss it cause it's so fast. Sorry, it's all the pot I'm smoking.  Another Jack word not allowed. Jezus

25 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

That logic would only apply if MSFS was on the same engine, which maybe it is? I don't know if they've said.

Correction, Donegol is at 1:25-26

No the logic wasn't on it being in the same engine (even tho it is likely a part of it is, know how and all) but the fact that they already managed to create a visually pleasing water in another game involving vehicles makes me think they will do their best in this situation too 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I applied particle effects to my favorite plane in X-Plane.

Some have said it looks pretty ordinary, but it was the best I could do with what was available.

I am hoping Asobo blows me away with their water effects.

Something like Crew2 in the video a few posts back would be excellent.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

8 hours ago, smoothchat said:

I applied particle effects to my favorite plane in X-Plane.

Some have said it looks pretty ordinary, but it was the best I could do with what was available.

I am hoping Asobo blows me away with their water effects.

Something like Crew2 in the video a few posts back would be excellent.

Everything is better than Xp11 water, honestly. Go check water in Il2 Sturmovik, DCS, even P3D. So no worries about it, it will be better 🙂

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

Everything is better than Xp11 water, honestly. Go check water in Il2 Sturmovik, DCS, even P3D. So no worries about it, it will be better 🙂

Even FS2004 water is better than XP11!

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]