Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How do you correct abnormal airports in v5?

Are any of you who are running v5 seeing tremendous abnormalities at default airports?  I just tried KFLL (Ft Lauderdale), and there are deep caverns on both sides of the runway.  Newark has grass interspaced with asphalt all along the runway.  The same is true for Jacksonville, Fla.

I'm sure there are many more.  Is there an elevation fix or other kind of fix in ORBX or somewhere in V5?  Am I the only one seeing these abnormalities or do you see them too? 

I did do a whole reinstall of P3dv5 a few days ago because of Newark (KEWR).  That did nothing!  It's still the same.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks, 

Stan

Stan:

I just ran V5 for KFLL and KEWR and cannot reproduce your issue.

You mention ORBX. I have Global and North American LC installed and active. Do you have Vector installed? If so, that may be worth looking into. I am not sure whether Vector is even supported for V5 yet.

I disabled all my ORBX (gotta love the add-on.xml approach) and saw no differences.

I also tried with FreeMesh 2.0 and found no issues there either. All tests were done using the default F-22.

If I can be of any help, please let me know.

Cheers!

David Haynes

30 minutes ago, spilok said:

Are any of you who are running v5 seeing tremendous abnormalities at default airports?  I just tried KFLL (Ft Lauderdale), and there are deep caverns on both sides of the runway.  Newark has grass interspaced with asphalt all along the runway.  The same is true for Jacksonville, Fla.

I'm sure there are many more.  Is there an elevation fix or other kind of fix in ORBX or somewhere in V5?  Am I the only one seeing these abnormalities or do you see them too? 

I did do a whole reinstall of P3dv5 a few days ago because of Newark (KEWR).  That did nothing!  It's still the same.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks, 

Stan

Refund!

That's the only way to keep them honest and get their attention.

Many people should do that, sending the signal that enough is enough, many of their releases required an immediate update and fix.

The customer is not the beta tester on every release (this is happening for I don't remember how many previous versions), we don't pay for this nonsense.

They need to get their ducks in the row.

I'm looking at all these forums lately and it's alarming how many complains are related to this software, something is wrong for sure.

Natural selection will take place sooner than they expect.

• Like 4

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

Hi Stan, Im not seeing these issues.I use orbx global and NA LC.  I checked kewr , and kjax. 

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

I am also not seeing those issues at any of those airports you listed.

Sean Green

49 minutes ago, cnc3 said:

Do you have Vector installed? If so, that may be worth looking into. I am not sure whether Vector is even supported for V5 yet.

It is not and definitely will not.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I uninstalled Client, Content, and Scenery and re-stalled them.  Newark now looks normal, but the caverns in KFLL are still there on each side of the runway.  Jacksonville, FL still has runways broken by grass.

Seems something worked but not completely.  I wish I could figure out these issues.  I'll keep trying.

Stan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, killthespam said:

Refund!

That's the only way to keep them honest and get their attention.

Many people should do that, sending the signal that enough is enough, many of their releases required an immediate update and fix.

The customer is not the beta tester on every release (this is happening for I don't remember how many previous versions), we don't pay for this nonsense.

They need to get their ducks in the row.

I'm looking at all these forums lately and it's alarming how many complains are related to this software, something is wrong for sure.

Natural selection will take place sooner than they expect.

What is it with the “Refund!!!” crowd around here?!?  OP has a problem that nobody else has reported. It sounds mesh related. Why not troubleshoot the problem, and if it’s genuine issue bring it to LM’s attention. There’s thousands of airports it the sim, it’s possible that one of them has a terrain mesh issue. Or it may just be a problem with his installation.

Sure if that’s too hard for you, go back to FSX - which, by the way, has many airports with terrain mesh issues, particularly when used with a payware mesh.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

27 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

What is it with the “Refund!!!” crowd around here?!?  OP has a problem that nobody else has reported. It sounds mesh related. Why not troubleshoot the problem, and if it’s genuine issue bring it to LM’s attention. There’s thousands of airports it the sim, it’s possible that one of them has a terrain mesh issue. Or it may just be a problem with his installation.

Sure if that’s too hard for you, go back to FSX - which, by the way, has many airports with terrain mesh issues, particularly when used with a payware mesh.

Rob,

You too quick on the trigger. Unfortunately there are many customers with problems related to the mesh.

Absolutely you put a smile on my face in reference to how many people brought to the attention of LM about many issues and how quick they fixed them.

If is not too much of the problem for you, there is no need to be a wise guy when somebody expressed his/her opinion. We should be able to express our opinion, views.

"Crowd around here" is disappointed to see this level of expertise, besides smart answers did you try to help people with positive solutions?

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I take everything back.  Newark is NOT giving me the runways without grass in between pavement.

I even took v5 off my new NVMe drive and put it back on my C drive.  No luck.

Let me ask you all a question:

Do you have ORBX in a separate Library on you drive, or did you install it directly into P3d?  I never had a problem when I was directly in P3d v4 with ORBX.  But it seems that when it's in a separate LIBRARY, my problems began.

Curious.

Stan

ALSO,  Can I put some of ORBX directly into the sim, and other parts of ORBX into a separate Library, or does it all have to be in one location?

Edited by spilok

I had about a 50/50 mix in p4.5..Half installed in sim and half installed

In a separate drive. That worked out fine.In 5.0 if the installer gives option

To install outside sim i will. All my orbx is installed in its own library.I

Also use P4ao for adjusting and deactivating scenery not in use so loading process

Is faster...

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Believe me, I've been around a long time, and I have troubleshot in many ways...with uninstalls, re-installations, changing drives, playing with ORBX for hours.

This is a unique situation and with Central 3, I used to have the option of scenery migration, and elevation corrections.  Central 4 doesn't give you many choices to change things.  

I'll keep trying...but believe me, I'm not a "rookie" at this!

Stan

• Like 1

Hi Stan, you can put Orbx files in separate drives, when you install a product Orbx Central v4 asks you where you want to put it, and you can choose from the P3D root folder or one of or nominated Orbx Libraries. I can't say for sure, but I'd think the files would interact more smoothly if they were all in the same folder.

Anyway, can you confirm that this didn't occur before you re-installed Orbx? You don't actually say what products you have. I'd check they are layered correctly, you can do this via the P3D interface itself by opening "addons" or Lorbys tool if you use it. Although you can't move the files within Orbx Central, there are a couple of handy tools. Firstly go into whatever relevant products you have there, FTX Global, Open LC NA etc, and click on "verify files". Secondly back in the main Orbx Central interface, click on the settings icon (top-right), click Help and then click Sync Simulator. This will update your configuration to make sure all is good.

cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

10 hours ago, spilok said:

Stan, there are elevation problems with airports in V5.. you are NOT the only one seeing them.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/190950-known-issues-with-prepar3d-v5/

I believe we need to give LM/Orbx some time to help us out of this..

I read that V5 while introducing sloped runways, as a by-product produced airports on plateaus.. KFLL is a very noticeable example of this.  Nothing you or I can do about this at present.

Don't worry about install locations etc... these are early teething problems with the new V5 airports.. :smile:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert