Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How do you correct abnormal airports in v5?

31 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Hi Stan, you can put Orbx files in separate drives, when you install a product Orbx Central v4 asks you where you want to put it, and you can choose from the P3D root folder or one of or nominated Orbx Libraries. I can't say for sure, but I'd think the files would interact more smoothly if they were all in the same folder.

That is speculation on your part... not supported by my experience.. :happy:

• Upvote 1

Bert

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is speculation on your part... not supported by my experience.. :happy:

Yes I am aware it’s speculation hence the precursor “I can’t say for sure”. 

Ian S

38.jpg

Neither KFLL or KJAX  have any deep caverns nearby, but you also didn't mention what addon's you have added. It's more than likely those than actually V5. What about your ORBX Library insertion points, what are they set to?

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

16 hours ago, spilok said:

Are any of you who are running v5 seeing tremendous abnormalities at default airports?  I just tried KFLL (Ft Lauderdale), and there are deep caverns on both sides of the runway.  Newark has grass interspaced with asphalt all along the runway.  The same is true for Jacksonville, Fla.

I'm sure there are many more.  Is there an elevation fix or other kind of fix in ORBX or somewhere in V5?  Am I the only one seeing these abnormalities or do you see them too? 

I did do a whole reinstall of P3dv5 a few days ago because of Newark (KEWR).  That did nothing!  It's still the same.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks, 

Stan

Hi Stan,

there seem to be some generall problems with elevation "around the globe", not only airport related ones.

I see following issues:

• Deep craters here and there
  • Depp coves here and there
  • Sudden "spikes" and "plateaus" here and there
  • Autogen/scenery up in the air round abouot few hundred feet above the ground
  • Car Traffic in the air
  • Scenery/autogen showing up through the thick cloud layers

So yes, I can see "identical" issues. I don´t have Fort-Lauderdale so I can´t confirm on that special one.

LM and ORBX are aware of these problems. I personally think that these issues, at least one of them, is also the cause of "the aircraft suddenly crashing in to the ground while flying(on approach" issue.

The forums at LM and ORBX are "full" of such messages with issues as stated above.

Especially those "craters/glitches" you are seeing next to/near airports seem to be related to the updated LM P3D airport data. The polygons for the exclusions need some rework from the devs because of this.

Airports need "updated" exclusion "data" to avoid the default scenery and mesh showing up and is higher in priority as the addon ones.

To me it all seems "a little bit messed up" right now and hoping they will sort it out and deliver a hotfix asap.

A hotfix is announced from one of the LM devs for "somewhere next week".

I will wait and see wich "problems" are solved with that and wich are still left or even wich will be new. Than I will write "support-tickets" again.

Regards

Marcus 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

10 hours ago, spilok said:

I take everything back.  Newark is NOT giving me the runways without grass in between pavement.

I even took v5 off my new NVMe drive and put it back on my C drive.  No luck.

Let me ask you all a question:

Do you have ORBX in a separate Library on you drive, or did you install it directly into P3d?  I never had a problem when I was directly in P3d v4 with ORBX.  But it seems that when it's in a separate LIBRARY, my problems began.

Curious.

Stan

ALSO,  Can I put some of ORBX directly into the sim, and other parts of ORBX into a separate Library, or does it all have to be in one location?

I have ORBX now in a seperate library and nothing installed in the P3D Root. 

I don´t know if the issues you stated, wich I also see, are related to ORBX, LM or both.

Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

15 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Stan, there are elevation problems with airports in V5.. you are NOT the only one seeing them.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/190950-known-issues-with-prepar3d-v5/

I believe we need to give LM/Orbx some time to help us out of this..

I read that V5 while introducing sloped runways, as a by-product produced airports on plateaus.. KFLL is a very noticeable example of this.  Nothing you or I can do about this at present.

Don't worry about install locations etc... these are early teething problems with the new V5 airports.. :smile:

Thanks, Bert.  You're right!

Stan

8 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Hi Stan,

there seem to be some generall problems with elevation "around the globe", not only airport related ones.

I see following issues:

• Car Traffic in the air

So yes, I can see "identical" issues. I don´t have Fort-Lauderdale so I can´t confirm on that special one.

LM and ORBX are aware of these problems. I personally think that these issues, at least one of them, is also the cause of "the aircraft suddenly crashing in to the ground while flying(on approach" issue.

The forums at LM and ORBX are "full" of such messages with issues as stated above.

Especially those "craters/glitches" you are seeing next to/near airports seem to be related to the updated LM P3D airport data. The polygons for the exclusions need some rework from the devs because of this.

Airports need "updated" exclusion "data" to avoid the default scenery and mesh showing up and is higher in priority as the addon ones.

To me it all seems "a little bit messed up" right now and hoping they will sort it out and deliver a hotfix asap.

A hotfix is announced from one of the LM devs for "somewhere next week".

I will wait and see wich "problems" are solved with that and wich are still left or even wich will be new. Than I will write "support-tickets" again.

Regards

Marcus 

Yes.  I'm talking about "default" airports.  KFLL is default.  I didn't install KFLL payware...although I do have it for v4.5

Stan

there is lots of terrain change in v5

elevations are different LM adapted the new vectors and airports to the new mesh.

old mesh for fsx and p3d up to v4 and fixed elevation scenery have problems in v5

1 hour ago, arsenal82 said:

there is lots of terrain change in v5

elevations are different LM adapted the new vectors and airports to the new mesh.

old mesh for fsx and p3d up to v4 and fixed elevation scenery have problems in v5

Even default airports like KFLL, with default mesh have problems.. :happy:

https://imgur.com/a/4Il5MqO

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I really wonder how much time they invested in actually checking their new datasets against what the simulator depicts.

Because sometimes the data available is either wrong or the simulator depicts it differently. Who knows?

I recently added LILO Sondrio in V4 by creating my own little ADE file, as it was missing in the default data and I like to have some more oportunities to fly from in the Alps.

The data available states that it is at 901ft. However if one uses that plus an add-on mesh one will find out that either the mesh or the published height is wrong as the result is the airport sitting in a ditch.

So I corrected the reference data as the airport seems to be in fact more at 944ft. It is still not perfect but it is much better.

Then I checked the airport in V5 where it is now part of the default data, and doesn't need to be created.

Guess what... it is sitting in the same ditch as my initial try at 901ft...

You can't just dump new airport data into the sim you have to check whether the reference data is correct!

Edited by Farlis

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Then I checked the airport in V5 where it is now part of the default data, and doesn't need to be created.

Guess what... it is sitting in the same ditch as my initial try at 901ft...

that look like v5 come with better mesh resolution but airports still sits on the old flatten switches altitudes; terraces effects around airports are more visible in v5 because of the higher res default mesh although default v5 mesh is still on the middle as mesh resoltution  distortion are still not extreme but they will show on addons airports as the mesh elevation is now changed unless the addon is built on its own mesh at higher resolution some apply to the airport in the image above; in short is like when we add addon high res mesh into fsx or p3d older versions; is up to devs now to build sloped runways airports scenery as the door is open.

Edited by arsenal82
  • Upvote 1

On 4/23/2020 at 9:00 AM, spilok said:

Are any of you who are running v5 seeing tremendous abnormalities at default airports?  I just tried KFLL (Ft Lauderdale), and there are deep caverns on both sides of the runway.  Newark has grass interspaced with asphalt all along the runway.  The same is true for Jacksonville, Fla.

I'm sure there are many more.  Is there an elevation fix or other kind of fix in ORBX or somewhere in V5?  Am I the only one seeing these abnormalities or do you see them too? 

I did do a whole reinstall of P3dv5 a few days ago because of Newark (KEWR).  That did nothing!  It's still the same.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks, 

Stan

I had a similar issue with default airports, landclass tiles instead of airport background and autogen all over the aprons and taxiways.  LM suggested that I delete terrain.cfg and that did the trick.  If you have Orbx you may have to use verify files to restore it but that's goes relatively quick.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I had a similar issue with default airports, landclass tiles instead of airport background and autogen all over the aprons and taxiways.  LM suggested that I delete terrain.cfg and that did the trick.  If you have Orbx you may have to use verify files to restore it but that's goes relatively quick.

Sorry to appear uninformed...but where exactly is this terrain.cfg file?

Stan

Edited by spilok

2 hours ago, spilok said:

Sorry to appear uninformed...but where exactly is this terrain.cfg file?

Stan

Never mind.  I found it, and it appears to rebuild itself as soon as you start p3d.

Stan

On 4/24/2020 at 12:06 AM, mpo910 said:

ere seem to be some generall problems with elevation "around the globe", not only airport related ones.

I see following issues:

• Car Traffic in the air

Do you have any specific places? I haven't seen anything like this so far myself. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS