Sign in to follow this  
Ident

What we want post Alpha build 1.2.12.0

Going off the discovery videos, official screenshots & videos and what info is found from the main MSFS page...heres my thoughts.

If MS and Asobo can deliver a base sim that offers all that they are working on for this release then I feel we are more than 90% overall to the best possible sim we have ever seen. I can't see one area that falls short of being almost as near complete leaving only small improvements or a tweak here or there.

ATC: MS introduced ATC in FS2002 and it hasnt changed since then. The biggest aspect that was left out was SIDs and STARs. With those now in the sim, finally us users can fly full IFR routes using default ATC. Additionally it seems like they are trying to do something with TTS. Not sure if that would translate into later having the ability to speak to ATC or not but that will make my list.

Weather: Once again this is an area that has been majorly improved upon and if this comes to be complete and bug free, it will be one huge aspect that has long been a weak area in most sims relying heavily on addons to fill in the gaps.

Plane air-file modeling: No more on rails effect for those who dont use XPlane. For once it seems like default planes will be a joy to fly and the way planes will interact with the weather and surroundings seems to have all the components there to tweak and refine if necessary. 

Terrain/World: Having this area as a way to improve on their side for those who will stream the terrain allows for constant improvements without new builds or patches or versions. Thats a huge win.

Seasons: We have seen how snow could be done. This area still is a spotty area from their info.

Lighting: Lighting with all these new techs have become a bit of a staple and from the videos and screenshots it seems this sim is likely to have some of the best lighting effects.

Those are just some of the major areas of the sim so yeah if all of that can work smoothly with good frames then I could easily see this as being a sim that is ready to push out as-is once all the testing is done and bugs and fixes are in.

After that,

1) I need VR. While I hope it makes it into the original launch, if it has to be pushed out to later than thats life.
2) Voice ATC. User able to talk to ATC.
3) Proper ice effects. They show the plane being able to visually ice up but I hope that is not just an effect but actually affects the plane in all the right ways. Fuselage Ice, Windscreen Ice, Ice on the wings and or props. The sound of ice breaking off and hitting other parts of the planes and the loud noises that can make. Once the windscreen ices up a defroster can't undo that but would need to find warmer temps and sunlight to help melt it off. Ice is a big factor in GA planes and so I really hope it gets plenty of proper modeling of all the different ways it affects the plane.
4) The ability to work with tablet apps like Garmin Pilot and Fore Flight, easy of use with all types of common hardware controllers in addition to items like GoFlightInc, Simgear, Simkits etc.
5) While we dont need for there to be a glider or helicopter in the default fleet as those could be done via 3rd party developers, I would feel that by the team putting them in their with the same attention they seem to have done with all the other planes that it would only benefit the overall sim.
6) Tow plane with more control of where the tow pilots flies the tow plane too. With all this great new weather and plane physics of ridge lift and hopefully thermals, having a great glider and tow plane option would be something thats a no brainer.
7) Not sure if Pilot Controller Lighting is featured or possible but feel that should eventually be part of the sim.
8 ) Not sure how airspace is handled but in FSX and prior, the user only got the option to request to be cleared into say Class B airspace once inside of it. Would hope that the user now gets that option prior to entering the airspace.
9) If the user flight plans a VFR flight then the controller will get them the option of flight following on ground freq. The user can also pick it up enroute but as far as if the user picked it up with ground then the controller will hand them off to tower upon arriving at their destination airport airspace perhaps with a "You're x miles from KABC, advise when you have the field insight" followed by "Flight services are cancelled, Squawk 1200 and contact tower on 123.45, good day" or the likes.
10) Avatar person.

• Like 2

I hope they will deliver a product that doesn't require users to start getting 3rd party products, add-ons, etc.  We shouldn't have to spend time and money on anything.  They should be able to do everything using what is provided.

That being said, I would love to see a ton of aircraft included at release.

• Like 4

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

4 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Wouldn’t be better to have a few fully working aircrafts rather than a ton of half functional ones?

• Like 3

I'd like to see if they are truly going about the sim in a way that almost nobody else has till date - having a proper crew to fly aircraft that demand it i.e, shared cockpit.

On the very few occassions where I've been fortunate enough to have a friend in the pit alongside me in an addon that fully supports it, you soon forget that the scenery isn't all that great or the AI is all over the place or the METAR said something else. Having someone in the aircraft with you, interacting with it in real time while you can see them doing it, that's immersion.

Have the feature natively so lazy developers don't have an excuse to not do it for their product.

The above in VR would be a dream come true.

27 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

A dev said a few months ago that they haven't revealed every plane yet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, krazyk said:

I'd like to see if they are truly going about the sim in a way that almost nobody else has till date - having a proper crew to fly aircraft that demand it i.e, shared cockpit.

That would mean people couldn't use for example the 747 unless they had someone with them.  People would have to coordinate with others just to have a time they could run the program etc etc. 

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

37 minutes ago, krazyk said:

Having someone in the aircraft with you, interacting with it in real time while you can see them doing it, that's immersion.

Got to say, I love flying my PMDG JS41 with FS2Crew and having a share workload. Even the vocie control an A2A simmer created to allow voice control of the B17 is awesome.So while there are few planes that I fly that require a second pilot, yes I fully agree to have shared cockpit for any plane built into the sim would really be a great feature. Plus with today's social distancing and all the video chat methods we have for handheld devices, I could easily see having Whats app, facetime or zoom running as so you can see your other crew member and talk freely to them that way while using the keyed mic to talk to VATSIM or PilotEdge.

Going off of what you are referring to is all pre-release stuff. What "we" want could be what we get! I think instead of all of the myriad of posts about what "we" want we should all have some patience and wait for the released product before making demands of what we want. Kind of sounds like you are demanding they implement all of your requests upon release. This MSFS forum is full of topics such as this that advance nothing!

3 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

Kind of sounds like you are demanding they implement all of your requests upon release.

Actually not. My opening remarks were designed to basically say theres not much left out to actually want. So the idea is basically just stating an area or feature that could be seen down the road if it doesnt make it into the release and is deemed something of use. Like I said, if released with what they have shown, its no longer about huge missing parts but small refinements and features. Unlike the other sims, this is shaping up to be the most complete out of the box sim we have ever seen by a long shot.

I will reserve judgement on it being the most complete of anything until I have a chance to actually use the released product. At this point it is very uncertain what a completed product will probably look like. Chances are the Alpha release they speak about are far from close to what the real release will eventually look like. They certainly don't want to spoil any hype for when it does actually release.

Based off of the discovery videos and how with each new video we get to see features that many have wanted in a sim and also in many areas exceeding those features with indepth application. So I am okay is saying this sim is shaping up to be the most complete sim...will it deliver is a different story but I have no reason to think that minus the normal few bumps almost all software has on rollout, it will do a great job on delivering the end results they are reaching for.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

That would mean people couldn't use for example the 747 unless they had someone with them.  People would have to coordinate with others just to have a time they could run the program etc etc. 

I think you've misunderstood what I said.

There are currently no issues flying the MJC Q400, Leonardo Softhouse MD80 series or the Aerosoft Airbus in P3D yet all 3 of them offer shared-cockpit functionality to various degrees and all three of their real counterparts require a minimum 2 man crew. Does that make them unusable in the sim if you don't have a crew member? No.

Standardizing it and making it part of the base sim means the user doesn't get 3 different versions (specifically in the above scenario) of shared-cockpit functionality. In addition, some of the most well known developers in the community will be able to implement this base functionality without jumping through hoops as they do currently or making excuses for not doing it. It makes it easier on them to implement it and more immersive for us as customers without going through the arduous process of setting everything up 1:1. Win-win.

14 hours ago, krazyk said:

On the very few occassions where I've been fortunate enough to have a friend in the pit alongside me in an addon that fully supports it, you soon forget that the scenery isn't all that great or the AI is all over the place or the METAR said something else. Having someone in the aircraft with you, interacting with it in real time while you can see them doing it, that's immersion.

Have the feature natively so lazy developers don't have an excuse to not do it for their product.

The above in VR would be a dream come true.

And for those of us without friends 🤪 we have FS2Crew (I hope)

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

20 hours ago, Ident said:

5) While we dont need for there to be a glider or helicopter in the default fleet as those could be done via 3rd party developers, I would feel that by the team putting them in their with the same attention they seem to have done with all the other planes that it would only benefit the overall sim.

You should use "I" and not "we", in fact I am only interested in helicopters 😉

• Like 1

Agree with #s 1, 3, 5(helicopters only), and 8.

The developers should focus on getting proper ATC and AI traffic into the sim.  Voice ATC is not necessary right now and can be done by 3rd part devs.

Helicopter simulation would be welcome.  Gliders, tow vehicles, and other glider-related things are not must haves.

Pilot controlled lighting is not a must have.

The developers need to focus on getting the big stuff right, like graphics engine, terrain, buildings and vegetation, weather, flight dynamics, lighting, ATC, default aircraft, and AI traffic.

The other nice-to-have stuff, which is most of the stuff on this list, can wait.

Dave

Edited by dave2013

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS