Sign in to follow this  
Peter Webber

Runway Identification Method by RAAS

Good day, I was wondering how does FS2 Crew RAAS identify the approaching runway in the airport scenery, i.e.what data does it gather from the simulator? The reason I am asking it that I have just purchased an addon airport from a scenery developer and RAAS is announcing the the opposite runways. When on runway 24, RAAS announces runway 06, and vice-versa, It only at that developers airport. If I know it is an issue with the developer's scenery, I can notify them. Regards.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi Peter,

Please run MakeRunway again to update your scenery database.  That's how RAAS "reads" things.   MakeRunways scans your scenery files to make a database. 

You should run MakeRunways every time your scenery changes.

Best,

2 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Peter,

Please run MakeRunway again to update your scenery database.  That's how RAAS "reads" things.   MakeRunways scans your scenery files to make a database. 

You should run MakeRunways every time your scenery changes.

Best,

Yes, I have done that with the latest version, and with Lorby aswell...the runways are swapped in this new scenery even after running MakeRunways. So I think there is an error in their scenery. It is not a default P3D v4 runway....(FALE). Any ideas? I think there could be an error with the developers scenery files.

Edited by Peter Webber

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

5 minutes ago, byork said:

You'd need to ask the developer.

They've probably done something non standard or there's an error in the way they programmed their scenery.

Best,

Thank you ! Will inform them. Just wanted to get my facts straight first. Regards.

Peter Webber

2 hours ago, byork said:

You'd need to ask the developer.

They've probably done something non standard or there's an error in the way they programmed their scenery.

Best,

Feedback: Yes, an issue on their side. They have updated their AFX.bgl file. All good now.

Peter Webber