Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

GoFlight and Prepar3D Version 5

I have the following GoFlight products.

GF-P8
GF-T8
GF-166A VRP

Has anyone got these to work with Version 5?

I have used the GFConfig program supplied by GoFlight to get then to work with Version 4.5. I've changed the program location to the Prepar3D Version 5 folder. But that doesn't work.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Polypot did release new software a few days ago. I have GF Mcp pro and it detects and connects to sim. Qw787 is what I am trying and I only get zeros on screen.

Travis Shipley

14 hours ago, macpilot said:

I have the following GoFlight products.

GF-P8
GF-T8
GF-166A VRP

Has anyone got these to work with Version 5?

I have used the GFConfig program supplied by GoFlight to get then to work with Version 4.5. I've changed the program location to the Prepar3D Version 5 folder. But that doesn't work.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Check the dll.xml and exe.xml files in v5. They need to contain an entry for the GoFlight driver. I can't be certain but I'm reasonably confident if you copy and paste your v4 entries into the equivalent v5 xml files GoFlight should work.

I don't have v5 yet so can't confirm.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Check the dll.xml and exe.xml files in v5. They need to contain an entry for the GoFlight driver. I can't be certain but I'm reasonably confident if you copy and paste your v4 entries into the equivalent v5 xml files GoFlight should work.

I don't have v5 yet so can't confirm.

This is is good advice!

Ray I'm happy to see your new status on AVSIM. Cngrats!!!!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Ray,

Thanks for the reply.

The information is the same in both the V4.5 and V5 files. Yet GoFlight works with P3D version 4.5 See Below.

From P3D Version 5 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
</SimBase.Document>

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="exe">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
</SimBase.Document>

Bill McCracken

Bill,

This is where you need to look for dll.xml

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

In there is a dll.xml. It has this entry...

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>GoFlight Interface Module</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>C:\GoFlight\GoFlight Interface Module 64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

In the same folder is exe.xml. It has this entry..

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>GoFlight Hardware Interface</Name>
    <Path>C:\GoFlight\GFDevP3Dv4.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine></CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>

Note the name of the executable. GFDevP3Dv4.exe. That may work with v5 but I don't know if it will. All you can do is try it. If it doesn't then you'll have to wait for GoFlight to release an updated software package.

Those are the only entries required for GoFlight kit to work.

All you need to do is copy those entries into the equivalent files in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

I hope that clears things up.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

I found the location of the files as you described above. Below are the 2 files. The Goflight sections look the same to me. I guess I'll have to wait on Goflight.

Thank You.

Bill McCracken

Version 4,5

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>GoFlight P3D Data Bridge</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\GOFlight 2-261\GoFlight\GFDevP3Dv4.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>
    </CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ChasePlane</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\OldProp Solutions Inc\ChasePlane\ChasePlane.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>P3Dv4</CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Version 5

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>EXE.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>GoFlight P3D Data Bridge</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\GOFlight 2-261\GoFlight\GFDevP3Dv4.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>
    </CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Bill,

That's the exe.xml. What about the dll.xml?

If that contains the same entries in v5 as v4 then yes, sadly you'll have to wait for GoFlight to provide an updated installer / driver.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Yes the dll.xml were both the same. I'll contact GoFlight and see if they have any plans to update their program for Version 5. For the equipment I have I don't need the Poly payware program.

Thanks Again for all your help.

Bill McCracken

Yes, the GF software does work in V5.

A work around: Make a shortcut on your desktop to the "GFDevP3Dv4.exe" file located in the main GoFlight folder. Then you can manually execute it after launching the sim and your GF modules should function. It worked for me....and it took several sim start ups and PC reboots before the dll.xml and exe.xml entries started working. Strange but true!

Greg G

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

@Chocorua, that’s odd because the entries in the dll.xml and exe.xml should achieve the same result. I wouldn’t have thought a change would have been needed as v5 is still 64-bit.

Reassuring as a temporary fix, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Chocorua, that’s odd because the entries in the dll.xml and exe.xml should achieve the same result. I wouldn’t have thought a change would have been needed as v5 is still 64-bit.

Reassuring as a temporary fix, thanks.

It is an oddity, but as I stated after a few PC reboots and sim restarts it functions normally and no more manually starting the GoFlight exe. This happened last week after installing V5 and I saw this a couple of months ago on my secondary Win10 system, only with P3D2.5. (I was setting it up for testing some button boxes I built). 🤷‍♂️       

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

9 hours ago, Chocorua said:

It is an oddity, but as I stated after a few PC reboots and sim restarts it functions normally and no more manually starting the GoFlight exe.

When you run the GoFlight setup software it always wants to run a reboot so maybe it's that which makes the changes 'stick'.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Chocorua and Ray,

Chocorua, Thank you for the work around. It worked like a charm the first time. No reboot required. The strange thing is before I posted. I was trying different ways to get this to work. I could have sworn that I had this working in version 5. The next day it wasn't working. I thought I had a senior moment. Kept on trying various things. With no avail. Then your work around. Let's hope it still works tomorrow. 🙂

Thanks again to both of you.

A great full. 

Bill McCracken

• Like 1

For anyone that wants to have GoFlight modules in p3d v5.

Just copy .exe.xml located C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 

to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5

This is the only info that is in my exe.xml and the goflight modules load every time when I load p3d v5.

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0" id="exe">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>GoFlight Hardware Interface</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\GoFlight\GFDevP3Dv4.exe</Path>
    <CommandLine>
    </CommandLine>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.