Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

PMDG NGX in v5

I see that some folks have the NGXu working in P3d v5, does anyone have the original NGX installed any working? My understanding is this will not be converted for v5.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

2 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

I see that some folks have the NGXu working in P3d v5, does anyone have the original NGX installed any working? My understanding is this will not be converted for v5.

Cheers, Pete

where  did  you  see  that  that  they  were  not  converting  it  to v5?  if  you would have  gone  to the proper  forum  you  will see  the changes

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/56656-14apr20-moving-to-prepar3d-v5-read-this

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, pete_auau said:

where  did  you  see  that  that  they  were  not  converting  it  to v5?

PMDG Forums. Confirmed time and time again. New updates are only for the NGXu now and not for the old NGX.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I could be the simplest thing in the world and they still won't do it. Otherwise why would you buy it again. To be fair there is the support too.

21 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

where  did  you  see  that  that  they  were  not  converting  it  to v5?  if  you would have  gone  to the proper  forum  you  will see  the changes

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/56656-14apr20-moving-to-prepar3d-v5-read-this

I’ve been there, I’m not seeing this applies to the Original 737 NGX. It only mentions the NGXu. This of course doesn’t surprise me given how PMDG does business.

Cheers, Pete

PMDG directly answered this question. No installer will be happening for the NGX. Simple, a bit sad, and already much discussed.

NGXu works great in v5, but i’m afraid i haven’t tested thr NGX yet.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

This really is ridiculous. I just bought the NGX less than year ago. Now I am expected to buy this again if I want to use it in v5. These guys take whatever they can get. And I know I will get piled on by the folks who think PMDG can do know wrong but give me a break here. 

Cheers, Pete

• Like 5

I have. Followed directions in another thread. Named v5 to v4 then installed and ran ops center then I renamed back to v5. Everything seems fine except weather radar.

Interesting, I am not sure if it will work though since I have v4.5 installed on the same computer.

Cheers, Pete

Is it fair to expect/demand a developer to port an old product over to a new version of a sim? Or to throw a fit if they don’t? At no time was the NGX ever advertised as being forward compatible to later full version P3D releases. 
Before someone harps on me for being a Cheerleader, I literally did not purchase any of their planes in P3D but I do have their full fs9 and fsx lineup. Frankly I would rather them devote time to bringing the JS41 back or the MD11 than to port the old NGX over.

Edited by CaptainNick
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

2 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

Is it fair to expect/demand a developer to port an old product over to a new version of a sim? Or to throw a fit if they don’t? At no time was the NGX ever advertised as being forward compatible to later full version P3D releases. 
Before someone harps on me for being a Cheerleader, I literally did not purchase any of their planes in P3D but I do have their full fs9 and fsx lineup. Frankly I would rather them devote time to bringing the JS41 back or the MD11 than to port the old NGX over.

Agreed, now a days devs are dammed if they do, damned if they don’t. There’s also a good possibility PMDG didn’t know their plans for V5 a year ago let alone if it was coming.

There is a reason why addons do not get ported and no longer supported. The ngx is many years old at this point a port from FSX. I don’t want them to spend many hours to update the code to DX12. It’s not as simple as making a new installer otherwise they would all be out by now. It’s more complicated than that and that’s what’s frustrating people don’t understand.

• Upvote 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

4 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

Bottom line is you get nothing for being loyal to this company. It has nothing to do with fair or unfair. And who is throwing a fit? When did it become a crime to compare one company to another. The vast majority of developers in this community offer at minimum a discount for owners of previous renditions of their products. PMDG has never done this, and that is a fact. No matter how much you spend on their products you build absolutely no goodwill with this company. I have no idea how much time would be taken to port the old NGX, but it is irrelevant to me because it has always been the same story with these guys. Step up and reward loyalty. This is my opinion and I think it is a valid one.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Bottom line is you get nothing for being loyal to this company. It has nothing to do with fair or unfair. And who is throwing a fit? When did it become a crime to compare one company to another. The vast majority of developers in this community offer at minimum a discount for owners of previous renditions of their products. PMDG has never done this, and that is a fact. No matter how much you spend on their products you build absolutely no goodwill with this company. I have no idea how much time would be taken to port the old NGX, but it is irrelevant to me because it has always been the same story with these guys. Step up and reward loyalty. This is my opinion and I think it is a valid one.

Cheers, Pete

That's the problem with the community. Everybody feels they are "owed" something from devs one way or another.

Guess what, You're not. You buy a product that works for the current sim and hopefully they give you updates.

They're rewarding loyalty by offering you free updates from V3 all the way thru V5. Would you rather them go back and charge for those as well?

I am sure they would be happy to if you send them in a ticket.

Edited by akabam
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

1 minute ago, akabam said:

That's the problem with the community. Everybody feels they are "owed" something from devs one way or another.

Guess what, You're not. You buy a product that works for the current sim and hopefully they give you updates.

They're rewarding loyalty by offering you free updates from V3 all the way thru V5. Would you rather them go back and charge for those as well?

I am sure they would be happy to if you send them in a ticket.

Why is that whenever someone has something to say about the sacred PMDG, the first thing you hear is “nothing is owed to you.” I said nothing about anything being owed to me. If these guys turn around and charge $300 for the next plane the same people will jump all over it. I am a CPA and I also have a degree in economics. I know a little bit about how business works. I have an opinion and I am allowed to have that opinion. You have the same right to have your opinion, but please don’t put words in my mouth. I knew this was coming when I initiated my first post so I am not surprised.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Why is that whenever someone has something to say about the sacred PMDG, the first thing you hear is “nothing is owed to you.” I said nothing about anything being owed to me. If these guys turn around and charge $300 for the next plane the same people will jump all over it. I am a CPA and I also have a degree in economics. I know a little bit about how business works. I have an opinion and I am allowed to have that opinion. You have the same right to have your opinion, but please don’t put words in my mouth. I knew this was coming when I initiated my first post so I am not surprised.

Cheers, Pete

I cant say anything nice. Ill be quiet

Edited by akabam

Mark Roberts