Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

April 23rd, 2020 Development Update

This is what a sim should look like in the year 2020, finally no need to buy addons to make the world look halfway realistic.

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, MikeT707 said:

If you look closely in this image, you will see tree or bush vegetation on top of the crops in certain places. I wonder if Asobo will do anything to create vegetation (corn or wheat stalks, soybean plants, rice, citrus trees, etc.) that might match farm crops

Yes that would be great... Also don't forget the tropics, bananas, coconut palms, rubber plantations etc etc

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 3

Matthew S

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Leaked screenshots from a couple weeks ago showed it. Plus I doubt all this would be done in real time.

there is not a photo mode as a alpha tester everything they show is gameplay

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, miguel88 said:

there is not a photo mode as a alpha tester everything they show is gameplay

You're an alpha tester? Great...

Can you post a picture on final to 24 at RPLL (from about 1000 ft AGL) I want to see the rendition of surrounding suburbs and Manila bay 🙏

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

11 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

You're an alpha tester? Great...

Can you post a picture on final to 24 at RPLL (from about 1000 ft AGL) I want to see the rendition of surrounding suburbs and Manila bay 🙏

Pretty sure the NDA would not allow him to do that. Everything we see is released by Microsoft and not directly from Alpha testers. 

• Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

@ca_metal

Thanks for posting the update. I’m a little late to the party but you get your first pin.

@ChaoticBeauty Surprised you missed it this time. Sleeping 😴😂

CACBB886-0CBA-4418-95E0-72EF7F6C1304.gif

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

6 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Yes.. but it's got to be "photo mode" surely?

What do you mean by "photo mode"? You think, that scenery and planes suddenly looks nicer and different than in a "normal game mode", by pushing a "magical photo mode button"? 😄

Edited by ludekbrno
  • Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but every time there's a new update, I get a little disappointed. Yes it looks fantastic and is without a doubt the best looking flight simulator we have ever seen, and it's all default, BUT we need to see something more than just pretty screenshots. What I miss is VIDEOS with a flight from A to B to see how it performs, and especially now after the specs have been released, I would like to see the same ie. 5. min flight, with each of the three specs (min. recommended and Ideal) so we clearly can see the difference and what we gain from updating our PC..Also,see the same area in offline, cashed and online mode, again, to see the difference. I'm pretty sure a lot of testers will provide them, it's just a matter of whether MS is ready to show us what this sim is really all about.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Kudos to the team to show the sim with its good sides and its imperfections.

1/ Great light but some shadows are a bit weird

1st (RentalCanoe)  : Stunning diffuse light (morning ?) but where are the cast shadows ?

4th (Player058) : Amazing shaded sky.  Go and see v5 trueSKY implementation and cry.

8th (SuddeN2018) : Great reflections on the wet tarmac to be compared with the weird implementation of PBR in some Orbx sceneries where the sun reflects on asphalt as it was water. I really hope that the FS20 designers will contain their enthusiasm for PBR.

9th (Tomlaut)  : Yes! a screenshot can be artistic and meaningful. A case in point. What I would call a Chinese painting shot.. An exemplary use of shading and bloom.

13th (Rentalcanoe) : The sun is in the port side of the aircraft but not all the objects seem to cast a shadow (the lamp post for instance) and the lighting on the two containers does not seem right.

16th (Soapy diamond)  : strange pic, the ground buildings seem to be under an overcast when the sun shines through the clouds. The building shadows dont match the light direction.

17the (TimeCrayfish, best moniker so far, sounds like straight out the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy ) : At last, a subtle cloud reflection on the water !

2/ AI still struggle to interpret imagery

1st (RentalCanoe)  We  see artifacts in the harbor, like in one of the very early teaser (Chicago I think).

9th (Tomlaut) river in the forefront 

14th (FlakeyHawk) :  The  AI placed trees in the fields. 

3/ A lack of depth in the panels

4th shot of Player058 (flatish looking LCD screen),  9th of Simtom   

Most of the screenshots were quite good. Not all, some are pretty useless. I guess the medal for the worst goes to Flightselvel3000 who had the bright idea to blurry what is interesting in his/her pic, the mesh and the mountain textures 😄

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, jlund said:

Maybe it's just me, but every time there's a new update, I get a little disappointed. Yes it looks fantastic and is without a doubt the best looking flight simulator we have ever seen, and it's all default, BUT we need to see something more than just pretty screenshots. What I miss is VIDEOS with a flight from A to B to see how it performs, and especially now after the specs have been released, I would like to see the same ie. 5. min flight, with each of the three specs (min. recommended and Ideal) so we clearly can see the difference and what we gain from updating our PC..Also,see the same area in offline, cashed and online mode, again, to see the difference. I'm pretty sure a lot of testers will provide them, it's just a matter of whether MS is ready to show us what this sim is really all about.

I think is too early to show this. In Alpha versions they gradually adding and tunes the functions, what they want to have in the first public version of MSFS. And only after finalizing the functionalities list, they can start a full perform optimalization.

MCDU in the A320 cockpit looks good.  Anyone know how functional it is?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jhnWik said:

what blows me away is how good things like trees look at ground level, it's amazing at 10,000 feet and at 10 feet.

sick detail

FlightSimulator-2020-04-23-18-50-30-01-2

It’s mad. If you just photoshopped in a bit of a slight grain filter and something to slightly randomise and wash out the colour shades a bit I reckon most people would think this is a photo - it’s 90% there already. I hadn’t noticed the trees, but they just look real here. 

1 hour ago, ludekbrno said:

What do you mean by "photo mode"? You think, that scenery and planes suddenly looks nicer and different than in a "normal game mode", by pushing a "magical photo mode button"? 😄

It’s a very common feature in many games, and most of them do as you describe (and the better ones include basic photography controls too) - doesn’t seem to be the case here though. 

• Like 1

The screenshots are getting better and better. They must have made improvements to the photo mode along the way as well. I wish we could enjoy them without the massive water marks.

11 minutes ago, yidahoo said:

Big difference was he was not being personal. You are. 

But that`s what`s happening on this forum now if you do not adopt the right narrative on MSFS, Rob is a good example and I have seen others, years ago tom himself would delete them no if`s no but`s.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg