Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

April 23rd, 2020 Development Update

37 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

It’s a very common feature in many games, and most of them do as you describe (and the better ones include basic photography controls too) - doesn’t seem to be the case here though. 

Looking at these photos, I notice that some have a blurred background.
In a simulator, all shots are sharp. When an image is blurred in the background like some of them, it reminds me of the focus in shooting photo. Correct ?

• Like 2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

8 hours ago, aleex said:

Just one thing to "complain about". Not a no buy, just something good to be noticed 🙂 

FlightSimulator-2020-04-23-14-21-25-68.jpg

Airbus A320-271N (D-AINA) Aircraft Pictures & Photos ...

LED lights are the option.

You can take ordinary one if you wish.

9 hours ago, jymp said:

This is what a sim should look like in the year 2020, finally no need to buy addons to make the world look halfway realistic.

Well, I see the use for at least one freeware addon. To add the colored dots on Oshkosh runways and taxiways 😋.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Looking at the cockpit instruments there is a strange and hard diagonal transition between sharp details and suddenly soft details. What "mode" (photo mode or else) causes such effect?

Desktop-Screenshot-2020.04.20-01.12.30.2

10 minutes ago, frila said:

Looking at the cockpit instruments there is a strange and hard diagonal transition between sharp details and suddenly soft details. What "mode" (photo mode or else) causes such effect?

In the photo(shop) world it's called Tilt Shift, and it's a personal taste if you like it or not. I don't 🙂

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

15 minutes ago, ludekbrno said:

Sure, I understand you, but I don't know, why do you need a "photo mode" and why do you think, that it change screenshot to better, than IT looks normally in game? 🙂 In every game, if I want make a screenshot, I simply press "pause" 😉 Camera usually still free to move and DOF simulation and zoom si standard.

Because in "photo mode" the game effectively runs at 0 fps, thus every graphical setting is turned up temporarily to highest to give the game the best possible rendition for the photo.  In addition the user can tweak photography settings like zoom, exposure compensation, f-stop (depth of field), shutter speed, focus and add effects such as lens flare...

Hitting the Print-Screen is not the same thing.

So "Photo-mode" is for highest quality "photo", sometimes indistinguishable from a real-life photo, even on a lower spec machine!

That's been my experience with games such as Assetto Corsa, so presumably MSFS will have a similar feature.

Of course, if there is no photo-mode you can just manually turn the graphical settings up to highest settings, but that's a real PITA, and you don't get photography features like f-stop etc etc...so hopefully MSFS implements a photo-mode for convenience.

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 1

Matthew S

47 minutes ago, Livingston said:

Looking at these photos, I notice that some have a blurred background.
In a simulator, all shots are sharp. When an image is blurred in the background like some of them, it reminds me of the focus in shooting photo. Correct ?

Yes, "depth of field" effect is present in a modern games often. So it's possible use this for making a screenshots.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, eaim said:

It just opens up an opportunity for @simbol to bring his FS Lights Reborn add on over to MSFS.

What I really need is a good SDK.. Not nice lamps 😉

Simbol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MikeT707 said:

Imagine taking a virtual walk in a million beautiful places on the planet, especially with the environmental sounds and seasonal effects that the sim will offer. Gives a new meaning to low and slow.

Yeah. That adds a whole new dimension of immersion to the sim. You can find spots and revisit them. As real as it gets - just easier on the wallet. 😄

Screenshot-2597-1536x864.jpg

Glider comin' in too high - full spoilers deployed!

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

@ChaoticBeauty Surprised you missed it this time. Sleeping 😴😂

It wouldn't load on the website as I said earlier, after it was posted here it took several refreshes to get the update to appear for some reason. Must have been a browser cache issue or something.

48 minutes ago, frila said:

This is an issue with the depth-of-field effect, I've seen this sharp transition in other games with bad implementations too. Perhaps they can smooth it out until release, or it might be dependent on the post-processing settings. So far I have noticed this issue only in testers' screenshots, and not in any of the official footage.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It wouldn't load on the website

I’ve had this happen several times now, for others it appeared but not for me. Weird thing is that neither me desktop or iPhone/iPad showed the update.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

15 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

This is an issue with the depth-of-field effect, I've seen this sharp transition in other games with bad implementations too. Perhaps they can smooth it out until release, or it might be dependent on the post-processing settings. So far I have noticed this issue only in testers' screenshots, and not in any of the official footage.

I'ma have a guess that there is a menu like this in the sim unknown.png

• Like 2

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Just now, simtom said:

I’ve had this happen several times now, for others it appeared but not for me. Weird thing is that neither me desktop or iPhone/iPad showed the update.

The site is an abomination. To have all the pics to show needs several attemps.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, simtom said:

Interesting. For me this was definitely the first time, and I did notice the site was taking extremely long to fully load as well. Perhaps it was taking too long to respond and just kept loading from the cache instead.

1 minute ago, Dominique_K said:

The site is an abomination. To have all the pics to show needs several attemps.

This is happening again too. For the past few months it seemed that the loading issues were fixed, but recently they are back. They should have only the latest development update appear on the front page, and have the rest on a list to the left of the page (there is lots of unused space on the sides) so that you don't have to keep going back if you want to find an older one.

4 minutes ago, suncoastflyer said:

I'ma have a guess that there is a menu like this in the sim

If the depth-of-field effect is part of a photo mode then yes, I'm expecting something similar to this or NVIDIA Ansel where you can tweak lots of parameters of the photo effects, add filters and so on. Though that sharp transition might be more of a graphics setting issue. Post-processing effects can be heavy on the GPU, which means that the effect might look smoother on the ultra settings, but less accurate on lower settings.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ident said:

Has anyone noticed that some of the tail numbers on the GA planes are not the old AS-XXXX stuff but different in some of the pics yet the liveries are still the same. What does all that mean?

I'd hazard you can set your own tail number...

• Like 2