Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

April 23rd, 2020 Development Update

• Like 4

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, Jonathan Berthier said:

Of course it will be in the settings like it is for any other visual effect of this type in any modern game these days, I don't even know why people are still freaking out about this kind of stuff 🤷‍♂️

I'm not, I actually play a lot of games myself 🙂 But it's understandable that people in the simming community are skeptical... Because this new sim is completely unprecedented. People are used to being overcharged for 10 years old looking graphics 😄

• Like 4

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

I'm just saying we have (well had) evidence of a photo mode, but no evidence that the DOF and other effects can be done outside of it yet. I'm just going with what we know about the sim so far.

Edited by Tuskin38

Im really not sure why people are surprised that a feature like Depth of Field would be in the sim. 

It's in DCS.    It absolutely destroys your FPS, but it's in there.   Great for screenshots and whatnot.  

i would think, that if it destroys your fps its not done Right. DoF should be great to cut work for the gpu, because you can skip antialiasing, high res texture and so on for a big part of the screen...
But i no dev, just a gamer 🙂

On 4/24/2020 at 6:24 AM, ludekbrno said:

What do you mean by "photo mode"? You think, that scenery and planes suddenly looks nicer and different than in a "normal game mode", by pushing a "magical photo mode button"? 😄

A couple of game engines do support certain features like this. I believe Nvidia  has a “photo” mode that can render and save a resolution higher than what is supported by your display device and  turn up the graphical settings for just the picture beyond what would be considered playable on your hardware.  Not to mention making it 360 degree, adding post process etc https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/ansel/

that isn’t what’s happening here though

• Like 1

Are all these screenshots that they are showing in 4k? Be curious what settings these screenshots are to get a better idea of the settings people are on. 

22 minutes ago, tripper721 said:

Are all these screenshots that they are showing in 4k?

Look at the image size, that should tell you for most of them. A lot of them don’t seem to be scaled down.

Edited by Tuskin38