Sign in to follow this  
aviatordj

new to x-plane

Today i was trying to do some flying on the sim. So i did some of the tutorials and the one with cross in the windshield.

After a few tries i went to fly the cessna 172 in a new flight. When the aircraft came up as i was starting the cross was still in the windshield

so is that the way you fly this sim. Or is there something i need to do to remove the cross and box?

Thanks

The box and cross will be displayed as long as there is no other input device. Get a joystick or gamepad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I’m a newbie to xplane .. i have figured out my autopilot in the 737-800 following gps to my destination . I use simbreif to do my route and use the downloader to export it into the fms . 

my issue is when i get close to my destination following gps , descend and activate the landing aids . Localiser is it ? Can’t remember .. anyway when i approach i can clearly see the airport , i’m not even any where lined up to any runway , and i just fly over the airport .. bearing in mind that i chose my depart and arrive runways so the fms route should of had all the approach runway codes implemented within the fms ? Is this right ? I’m just confused as to how i just fly over the airport and not get any assistance on lining up to a runway ? 

I never used GPS in a 737, but if you want the bird to line up with the runway and be able to use autoland, you need to use ILS. Once ATC gives you the runway for landing, find the runway in X-Plane's map (switch the map to"ILS low enroute"), click on the funnel for the the runway and then on "Tune to NAV 1 & NAV 2". Back in the cockpit, transfer the value of the captains CRS to the first officers and turn on the first officers FD (step is optional for autoland). Now you're all set. Approach the runway +/- 30° (that's how ATC will guide you to it) and press VOR LOC then APP on the MCP panel. Watch the pink indicators on your glass as they respond, the bird will start turning. Once on the glideslope, activate the second CMD for full autoland (step is optional for autoland). Order a bloody mary and enjoy the landing. 

-

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

It's great you've graduated from a Skyhawk to a B737 in two posts.

It's another guy. The newbie thread is like light to flies.

-

3 hours ago, Colonel X said:

It's another guy. The newbie thread is like light to flies.

Have got to pay more attention - my favorite offhand shot are guys complaining about FMS's who never opened the door on a Cessna. 

3 hours ago, aviatordj said:

Sorry for the late comeback but the issue is solved. 

Thanks

PLEASE...

When you get a problem fixed, please let everyone else know what you did to fix it in case someone else has the same problem! Thanks!

• Upvote 3

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Thanks!

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)