Sign in to follow this  
davenicoll

Buttons/Switches

Hi Guys,

I am getting back into the MooTwo after a long time sitting in the hangar.

I have re downloaded her and put her into Prepar3d v4.5 HF3 (Waiting for v5 to iron out the initial release bugs)

2 questions :-

Have I got the most up to date version or do I have to donwnload and add the 2 updates from the FSW website?

I have a lot of external buttons/switches...Is there a list of Lvars anywhere so I can assign non default events via Spad or FSUIPC? (Or is there a LINDA module)

Thank you

Dave

4 hours ago, davenicoll said:

Hi Guys,

I am getting back into the MooTwo after a long time sitting in the hangar.

I have re downloaded her and put her into Prepar3d v4.5 HF3 (Waiting for v5 to iron out the initial release bugs)

2 questions :-

Have I got the most up to date version or do I have to donwnload and add the 2 updates from the FSW website?

I have a lot of external buttons/switches...Is there a list of Lvars anywhere so I can assign non default events via Spad or FSUIPC? (Or is there a LINDA module)

Thank you

Dave

Dave,

The FSW MU-2 manual has a section on key or switch assignments you can use for the autopilot.

There are a couple of ways to find Lvars. You can open some of the xml code with a text editor like NotePad++ and simply look. For example, the systems.xml file that is in the MU_2B_60.cab file will show you a lot of Lvars and sometimes the Lvars 'name' will indicate what it does.

Another way I use frequently is to make use of the FSUIPC logging facilities, and in particular the log lvars.lua script that comes with the FSUIPC documentation. I have assigned keys to start and stop (via LuaKill) the script and have selected Log Lua plugins separately in the FSUIPC logging window. Then to locate a particular switch Lvar I load the plane, start the log lvars script and then 'exercise' the switch on and off multiple times and then stop the script. BTW, when the script runs a window opens on the screen and you can see Lvars streaming by. After stopping the script you will find a file log lvars.log has been created in the modules folder.  I open that file with NotePad++ and look for an Lvar that seems to have the right 'name' (although names can be misleading at times) and also whose value is switching back and forth, usually between 0 and 1,  or -1, 0 and 1 for three position switches. For example, I just did this with the MU2's landing light switch and found the Lvar L:MU2B_SWITCH was flipping back and forth between values of 0 and 1. Sure enough, this turned out to be the landing light switch Lvar (note the Lvar name was not helpful in this case). Sometimes you can find what you are looking for quickly, other times not so quickly, or maybe not at all.

I also think LINDA has a way to locate Lvars, but I'm not a LINDA user so not up on that.

Al

Edited by ark

Yes, LINDA does have a pretty nice way of enumerating the LVARs. I've used both LINDA and FSUIPC.