Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

GSX---keep away from LiveUpdates

I strongly recommend keeping away from FSDT LiveUpdates!😡

Yesterday, in a PMDG 747-8i, BA Cargo, GSX L1+L2 would not de-board when asked to do so parked at the BA Cargo Hangars adjacent to 09R at UK2000's EGLL. Instead it warped me to where the pax 'Heavies' were!!

And, just now, at MK Studios EIDW, guess where it warps to when just landed and at a gate? Runway 10 threshhold. Boy, this piece of software is most certainly bonkers after a LiveUpdate.

Now to remove it and skip LiveUpdates in future😡

9 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Well is this issue for v5?

No still on v4.5 until the dust settles, and was in an FSLA321 Aer Lingus. Okay,admittedly there was an Ai Aer Lingus Fokker adjacent other side of the jetway, but that was no reason to be warped when I called for GSX's dropdown menu to ask for de-boarding, to the Runway10 threshold. Anyway, going to get rid of it and try UCGX which has been awaiting installation for while.

Have you queried this with Umberto on the FSDT forum? He will get you sorted. 

Ian S

38.jpg

Its your system and not GSX.

• Like 5

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

I don't see the usual stream of hostility on various social media against FSDT whenever something does go wrong on their side.
Therefore, I think it's more likely to be an issue on your PC.

Try a complete uninstall and reinstall of GSX?

Edited by F737NG
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thanks for the suggestions that it's something on my side.

I have been using GSX L1 since it first came out, and then L2 when it became available on sale last year. Every airport departure and arrival until I did a LIveUpdate a couple of days ago, has been hunky-dory. Why all of a sudden now? At two payware airports? Why can it not detect that a cargo aircraft is at a Cargo Terminai ? Why can it not detect that a A321 is at the gate and would like to de-board,as has been happening at other payware airports, using either stairs or jetways, but just these two airports yesterday an today?

Oh, yeah, it's on my side having just done a re-formatted, clean Windows 10 x64 Pro re-install.

33 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Try a complete uninstall and reinstall of GSX?

Will try that at some later stage as I want to give UCGX a spin first.

yep  agree   when  ever   their is  a glitch  in a  addon the  first  place  user  to vet  their  anger  is  in  here,   and  if  you  would  have  gone  to  the  fsdt  forum  you  would  have  known  Umberto is  looking  into  the  latest  update issues m  and  hopefully  he  will  put  out  a  fix  for  those  who  have  issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

FWIW, I have gotten into the habit of backing up the entire Addon Manager folder before a Live Update...and I have automatic live updates disabled via the dropdown menu. 

If you do that, you can recover from a broken Live Update immediately just by restoring the old copy of the Addon Manager folder.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I would appreciate if you just made a question ( on OUR forum, of course, when you get a better chance to get replied faster ), instead of posting here with such a MISLEADING title that, someone not reading to its eventual conclusion, would assume your "suggestion" holds any merit, which of course is not true.

Yes, as other users already pointed out to you, you haven't seen ANY report of any problems with this update. That would be expected since GSX itself hasn't been updated AT ALL in this update. We only updated the Addon Manager to recognize P3D V5, we updated most of the sceneries AFCADs to change their exclusions because V5 default scenery has changed, we updated KORD V2 with a new photoreal background in PBR, and that's it.

NOTHING in GSX code has changed with this update and, of course, none of what you are reporting it's happening, and nobody ever reported this, or any other problems with this update. We only have a small glitch in which the jetway "Test" function doesn't work when editing a jetway, but only works when editing a parking, we are aware of it, and it will surely fixed in the next update.

In fact, I don't even fully understand what you are reporting in the first place, and why you haven't posted anything on the FSDT forum as well.

Let's see:

Yesterday, in a PMDG 747-8i, BA Cargo, GSX L1+L2 would not de-board when asked to do so parked at the BA Cargo Hangars adjacent to 09R at UK2000's EGLL. Instead it warped me to where the pax 'Heavies' were!!

And, just now, at MK Studios EIDW, guess where it warps to when just landed and at a gate? Runway 10 threshhold. Boy, this piece of software is most certainly bonkers after a LiveUpdate.

"It warp me", "It warps to" ? 

GSX NEVER "warps" you anywhere, neither it selects any gate for you. If you want to use the "Warp me feature", it's YOU that selects which gate you want to use, or warp to.

Or, maybe, what you were trying to say was:

"When I open the GSX menu to search a gate, the list there doesn't match what I'm supposed to have for that airport"

Is this what you meant ? If yes, when list of gates in GSX don't match what you expect to see in the scenery, it's always a problem caused by an AFCAD conflict, the wrong AFCAD is read by GSX for some reason, here the most common ones, which has been discussed so many times on our forum...

1) An AFCAD supplied with a Traffic package product for the same airport is there, but this AFCAD is supposed to use only as a replacement for the default scenery, if you have an add-on for that airport, it's best if you *remove* that AFCAD, because it's likely causing a conflict. Using Scruffyduck's Simple Airport Scanner will be very helpful finding AFCAD conflicts. The GSX scenery customization page will of course help with this, because there, you can check the name of the AFCAD in use, so if it's not the one the scenery expects, you know you have a problem.

2) The scenery has an external "configurator" utility that switches between different AFCADs for the same airport, usually to simulate different x-wind configurations or to have parking with static planes ( or not ). Depending how this utility works ( renaming, copying, switching from another folder ) GSX might now ALWAYS be able to automatically detect a change in the AFCAD, and it's like this because, in order to speed up start up time, it doesn't check each and every AFCAD installed ( it would take too long ), but it only checks the last modification date of the folder the scenery resides in. Obviously, we always try the best ways to NOT slow down your sim, even at the cost you might assume GSX has a "bug" because it's not always able to automatically detect changes in the scenery. That is, because a simple file rename will not always affect its own folder last modification date. For THIS specific reason, there's the "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option, which is designed to do exactly that, rebuild the airport cache in any case, regardless of the date of the last change.

3) The scenery AFCAD might have a problem, either an error in the scenery itself, or a simple file corruption happened locally on your system. In this case, GSX will revert to another AFCAD for the same airport, usually the default one.

4) You ( or an external utility ) might have changed the ordering in the Scenery Library, so the AFCAD that is supposed to be used is now on a lower level than it should be, so another AFCAD for that airport is taking over. Usually, airports should always be on top of everything else, and GSX obviously respect the Scenery Library ordering when choosing which file to use. Again, the GSX scenery customization page will with this, by naming the AFCAD in use by GSX.

Of course, NONE of this ever changed in the current Live Update, and hasn't changed in ages, that's why you shouldn't really have posted such misleading title.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, virtuali said:

on OUR forum

YOUR Forum is a joke! I have posted and ...................

27 minutes ago, virtuali said:

GSX NEVER "warps" you anywhere, neither it selects any gate for you.

Oh, it does not. So, when I parked a cargo plane at a cargo terminal, and from your own drop-down menu went to select 'de3-boarding', it must have been Merlin the Magician, residing in the bowels of my computer who all of a sudden came up with a 'warp to' option, instead of GSX doing what it's supposed to. Again, the same scenario when already at a gate at EIDW, trying to get the drop-down menu to operate the jetway. Silly me,did not real;ise Merlin the Magician takes over and instead whizzes the A321 to a runway threshold!!!

35 minutes ago, virtuali said:

what you were trying to say was:

"When I open the GSX menu to search a gate, the list there doesn't match what I'm supposed to have for that airport"

I don't need GSX to search for a gate, nor do I use it. I use airport layout charts for that! I would not trust GSX to park up its........e!!

No Scenery Configurator, etc  was used.

39 minutes ago, vc10man said:

YOUR Forum is a joke! I have posted and ...................

I don't know what you are trying to say here, our forum always replies to each and every question in the most accurate way possible, even when the same questions are asked over and over.

And, you have the bad habit to posting inaccurate information about what happens in our forum, for example here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/546808-gsx-catering-service/

In which you first said "As I am not get any responses from FSDT's forum, I thought I may try my luck here", which of course was wrong and when your misleading statement was debunked, you replied with 

"Felt like 5 days"

REALLY ? 

Oh, it does not. So, when I parked a cargo plane at a cargo terminal, and from your own drop-down menu went to select 'de3-boarding', it must have been Merlin the Magician, residing in the bowels of my computer who all of a sudden came up with a 'warp to' option, instead of GSX doing what it's supposed to.

I don't know if I don't understand what you wrote, or you are making this up entirely because, what you are describing here, simply simply doesn't happen. 

If you see a GSX menu that includes the "Deboarding" option, it means you are seeing the GSX parking menu, which appears only if GSX recognized you are on a parking, with engines off and parking brakes. In this menu, there's NO "Warp-to" option. There's a "Reposition airplane" option, which is an option added with the Sept. 2019 update, which can be used if you want to either go out of that parking, or just position on that one precisely. But again, it's one of the options YOU can choose, it's nothing that GSX selects on its own.

If, instead, you see a GSX menu that includes the "Warp me there" option, it means you are seeing the GSX gate selection menu, which appears only if GSX recognized you are OUTSIDE any parking, so it expects you select a parking to activate its service on. Here, you can "just" select a parking, which will be prepared with GSX vehicles, or you can call a Follow Me, or you can just Warp there, which (as the word says) will "just" warp you there, without activating GSX, it's a teleporter,basically. And again, each of these options are entirely under YOUR control. GSX won't do anything on its own, and will certainly NOT warp you "automatically" without your consent.

Under NO circumstances you'll ever see a GSX menu that shows BOTH the "Deboarding" and the "Warp me" feature at the same time.

And under NO circumstances, you'll ever have GSX warp you automatically.

Again, the same scenario when already at a gate at EIDW, trying to get the drop-down menu to operate the jetway. Silly me,did not real;ise Merlin the Magician takes over and instead whizzes the A321 to a runway threshold!!!

COULD BE you have another add-on that is sending keyboard commands to the Simconnect menu automatically, so you are assuming GSX is doing something it clearly not designed to do ?

There are some 3rd party airplanes that, as part of their automation, control the GSX menu on their own, by sending Simconnect commands to automatically select the options of the menu, and they usually have a precise way to be used so, perhaps this is what is really happening, so you are ( again ) being mislead into assuming something that you don't understand about either the airplane you are using, or GSX itself, must be a "GSX bug". 

I don't need GSX to search for a gate, nor do I use it. I use airport layout charts for that! I would not trust GSX to park up its........e!!

GSX doesn't search for a gate for you. GSX doens't warp you. You have the OPTION to use the Warp me feature AFTER you selected a gate. Nothing of what you are describing it's really happening or it's part of GSX.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, julian46 said:

I do FSDT live updates all the time - never have an issue

Same here. I usually run it before every session. I hate getting the popup in the sim telling me I should have updated while I am sitting at the gate. 

Rick - Check your keyboard assignments to see if there is something assigned to your F12 key. It might be doing 2 things at once when you press F12 to call up the GSX menu.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440