Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

That sun reflection!

• Like 9

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Doesn't look right to me, if the glass Index of Reflection glossines is 1500 points, the steel IOR Is about 1000 pt, the difference shouldnt result in such a blink jump from material to material, the switch should be smoother, and It is the sun reflection size that changes projected on the material rather than intensity blink due to specular properties in the shader, I have thousands of dollars in videos cards to appreciate this kind of things when well done. i sometimes think I could be a wonderful art director for a game..

Edited by mp15
typo

8 minutes ago, mp15 said:

Doesn't look right to me, of the glass Index of Reflection glossines is 1500, while steel IOR Is about 1000, the difference shouldnt result in such a blink jump from material to material, the switch should be smoother, and It is the sun reflection size that changes projected on the material rather than intensity blink, I have thousands of dollars in videos cards to appreciate this kind of things when well done. i sometimes think I could be a wonderful art director for a game..

Said no one ever 

• Like 11

Some artists from today believe that this cute effects are nice, but in reality it is a problem if they dont match reality, and we end up moding or buying add-ons.. the idea is to make all great from scratch no?

So Microsoft and the whole team of the game engine department in America and in my beloved Europe, the art directors and particularly the shader makers, should understand that glass and steel are two different materials regarding its surface and it is mainly the roughness that creates the difference between these two materials, and they should react almost together in a different matter through a noise pattern reacting as roughness,  as who writes this already exlained on top, meaning that this effect should never blink the way it is doing up to now in the game, and we are talking about a big plane, so the reaction to sun should be bigger and not a tiny hot-spot.

e0b240_d86a1fc9ec2a42169aff53cf4ae2c3fb~

The reaction to the sun in this angle manifest as a 8 metres reflection to the sun, glass and steel reacting together with the smooth glass manifesting a big reflection and so the steel but with a roughness noise pattern and in no case there is a blink. 

And this is why we will need third party addons soner than later. BTW I don't know if X-Box users will receive all of them but..meantime..

Asobo, let us judge by ourselves your work, please!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mp15 said:

The reaction to the sun in this angle manifest as a 8 metres reflection to the sun, glass and steel reacting together with the smooth glass manifesting a big reflection and so the steel but with a roughness noise pattern and in no case there is a blink. 

I think because of the capturing angle is different in both clips, the end result should be different, isn't it?

Edited by penta_a
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

7 hours ago, mp15 said:

Doesn't look right to me, if the glass Index of Reflection glossines is 1500 points, the steel IOR Is about 1000 pt, the difference shouldnt result in such a blink jump from material to material, the switch should be smoother, and It is the sun reflection size that changes projected on the material rather than intensity blink due to specular properties in the shader, I have thousands of dollars in videos cards to appreciate this kind of things when well done. i sometimes think I could be a wonderful art director for a game..

Yeah, I am totally disappointed with that one as well. That does it! I just can't enjoy MSFS anymore after seeing this inaccuracy. I'll go back to my billboard clouds.

• Like 8

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

4 hours ago, mp15 said:

e0b240_d86a1fc9ec2a42169aff53cf4ae2c3fb~

This actually just makes the MSFS clip much more realistic compared to your first post.

Notice that the plane seems to turn left. If it would drive straight and the reflection process move slower, it woud probably look more like a blink as well.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 hours ago, mp15 said:

Yes yes, you're God's gift to 3d graphics, we got it

• Like 6

What are those white lines moving along the front wheel on the concrete?

Edit: Probably the runway designator. It looks weird as the camera zooms out in fisheye style while the plane is moving forward. Just a @simtom thing. 😄

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

3 hours ago, tweekz said:

What are those white lines moving along the front wheel on the concrete?

Aircraft was stationary 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

10 hours ago, mp15 said:

glass and steel reacting together with the smooth glass manifesting a big reflection and so the steel but with a roughness noise pattern and in no case there is a blink. 

It's not glass and steel. It's acrylic windows and polyurethane paint.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, mp15 said:

I suggest you to look at current sim effects, without any add-ons 😄

• Like 1

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

And all this debate can be summarized with something called: Normal (texture) Map...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998