Sign in to follow this  
Harrier77

Windows 10 Suspending Chaseplane

Chaseplane starts ok (this is in P3Dv4.5 and V5), but after switching a few views Chaseplane stops working and Windows Task Manager shows the program suspended.

I am also loosing presets through this process.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there a solution? I have the latest install (fresh) from ORBX.

Chaseplane is now unusable for me, until I can find a solution.

Edited by panner

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

Same with me.

Using P3DV4; I have uninstalled and reinstalled chaseplane several times in the last week to try to sort this.

If I make changes to cameras and save them (green tick) the sim will crash when the mouse cursor moves off the chaseplane window.

Any ideas?

On 4/26/2020 at 6:51 PM, Peoples said:

Same with me.

Using P3DV4; I have uninstalled and reinstalled chaseplane several times in the last week to try to sort this.

If I make changes to cameras and save them (green tick) the sim will crash when the mouse cursor moves off the chaseplane window.

Any ideas?

Hi, I am in contact with //42 by email about this. No solution yet. However, I have found a workaround - when Chaseplane gets suspended, open Windows 10 Resource Monitor, right click on Chaseplane in CPU processes panel and click "resume process" for Chaseplane. It works for me after this with no issues. Hope this works for you.

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

Hi, I contacted //42 on Tuesday but no reply yet. I tried what you suggested and it worked fine although chaseplane's crash took out a few other items as well.

I have just downloaded Chaseplane V1.1.81 but the problem hasn't been fixed.

Are you all simming on a Laptop?

This is a new issue and I'm trying to figure out if it comes from a Windows update or from a specific laptop manufacturer

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hello Keven

I had the same issue with Chaseplane. I bought it 2 days ago. An uninstall and fresh install dont help...

Here my System Specs:

CPU: AMD 3950x, Mainboard: ASrock Aqua x570, GPU: Nvidia RTX 208Ti, RAM: GSkill DDR4 32Gb

I Have Windows 10 PRO Version 1909 OS Build is 18363.815 and my last update is KB4550945

Hope you can fix this problem as soon as possible.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:37 PM, BalkanSimmer said:

Hello Keven

I had the same issue with Chaseplane. I bought it 2 days ago. An uninstall and fresh install dont help...

Here my System Specs:

CPU: AMD 3950x, Mainboard: ASrock Aqua x570, GPU: Nvidia RTX 208Ti, RAM: GSkill DDR4 32Gb

I Have Windows 10 PRO Version 1909 OS Build is 18363.815 and my last update is KB4550945

Hope you can fix this problem as soon as possible.

I fixed my problem with Chase plane. I have Acronis True Image 2020 and this software had a Ransomware Protection "Active Protection" which suspend every time the Chaseplane .exe. After i turned off the Active Protection in Acronis Chaseplane works well.

Hi BalkanSimmer and Keven,

Thanks for the heads-up. I have Acronis True Image 2020 as well.

I just excluded Chase Plane from its "Active Protection" feature and so far it seems to be solving the problem.