Sign in to follow this  
JurassicStark69

Pc specs for high rendering

Hello all I’m hoping someone will be able to tell me how high I can put all the render settings as I’ve just updated my computer which couldn’t load the floor or AI aircraft while flying i7 16 GB RAM and a 980 to a ryzen 9 3950x 64 GB ram and a 2080 ti would rather ask a community than push the software too far haha google doesn’t really have a concise answer 

Thanks in advance

11 hours ago, JurassicStark69 said:

Hello all I’m hoping someone will be able to tell me how high I can put all the render settings as I’ve just updated my computer which couldn’t load the floor or AI aircraft while flying i7 16 GB RAM and a 980 to a ryzen 9 3950x 64 GB ram and a 2080 ti would rather ask a community than push the software too far haha google doesn’t really have a concise answer 

Thanks in advance

you can put the settings to whatever you want. 

How well it will work will depend on which version you are using and what your threshold is for performance.

8 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Before worrying about X-Plane performance, I'd suggest you work on your punctuation.

Or a non native english speaker using google prevod.

mozda bolje da ti si naućiš drugi jezik.

или

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

19 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Before worrying about X-Plane performance, I'd suggest you work on your punctuation.

Not everyone’s first language is English mate, get over yourself. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Not everyone’s first language is English mate, get over yourself. 

Making an effort to be comprehensible is independent of how much command a person has over a certain language. Give me a non-native speaker who at least makes an effort to produce a legible post over a native speaker who respectlessly spills words into the text field any day. Structuring communication is also independent of whatever language is spoken. And since text-based communication is all we have here and at least making an effort is a matter of courtesy and respect.

Unless dyslexia or a similar impairment is at play, in which case the OP should point it out.

Greetings from a non-native speaker.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

6 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Making an effort to be comprehensible is independent of how much command a person has over a certain language. Give me a non-native speaker who at least makes an effort to produce a legible post over a native speaker who respectlessly spills words into the text field any day. Structuring communication is also independent of whatever language is spoken. And since text-based communication is all we have here and at least making an effort is a matter of courtesy and respect.

Unless dyslexia or a similar impairment is at play, in which case the OP should point it out.

Not dyslexia but I do have dyspraxia, however punctuation online is pretty much how I speak in real life, don’t like talking so it’s at 100 words per minute 

Getting back to the question - I'm not familiar with AMD CPU's but if it matches your Nvidia 2080 then XP11 should be a walk in the park for you.  Graphics wise, pay close attention to your NV control panel and what they advise for settings - several of these either enhance or override the application.

Edited by olderndirt
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Bjoern said:

Shhh calm down its only a forum post, not a formal letter or email. Let the bloke be, other people seem to have understood what hes trying to say and that's all that matters. You must be the life of the party! 

Also, FYI, since you're so much into effort and correctness, re read your post and see where you can improve. 

Back on track, to the OP: I think your system is well fit for XP11, all you need to do is tinker with the settings to suit your visuals / performance. 

Greetings, from a native speaker. 

• Upvote 1

I am with Bjoen and Colonel X here.

Communication is based on certain rules and conventions - otherwise it becomes difficult, tedious and prone to misunderstanding.

Just like when you meet someone face to face, there is more to communication than just "understanding what the other guy wants to say".

People still judge their opposite by looks, gesturing, expression and general behaviour. The ease of communication and willingness to listen and work together is directly influenced by that. We are humans, cant get rid of that. If a prospective business partner shows up in ragged clothes, smelly and grumpy...the first impression is bad, before he even says the first word.

It is even worse when communicating in writing, because you can´t see the other guy. I (shame on me) judge people right away on their command of the written language. If someone is not able to write at least somewhat correctly, I immediately make some assumptions about his level of schooling, intelligence and social background. Can´t help that, sorry.

If someone doesn´t even TRY to follow the most simple conventions (like ending a sentence with a .) it has the same effect on me like the prospective business partner who didn´t even take the effort to put on clean clothes. I feel disrespected.

Also, reading a post like that I trail off in thought right after the second sentence, wondering what is wrong with the text. Only with a lot of effort I can later on go back to the beginning and start wondering what the message of that splurt was. So, yeah, I guess communication is impaired (at least for me) by not following communication protocol.

The trend in society seems to be to never point out someone´s fault. So people can be word not allowed, without respect, demanding, it´s all fine. Only pointing out that people are that way...will get you lots of flak. Ah, maybe I am getting old...or maybe the OP´s keyboard has a flaw where the . key doesn´t work. 🤣

Greetings from a non-native speaker who is bored and grumpy because of all this Corona-sh***

7 minutes ago, Janov said:

I am with Bjoen and Colonel X here.

Communication is based on certain rules and conventions - otherwise it becomes difficult, tedious and prone to misunderstanding.

Just like when you meet someone face to face, there is more to communication than just "understanding what the other guy wants to say".

People still judge their opposite by looks, gesturing, expression and general behaviour. The ease of communication and willingness to listen and work together is directly influenced by that. We are humans, cant get rid of that. If a prospective business partner shows up in ragged clothes, smelly and grumpy...the first impression is bad, before he even says the first word.

It is even worse when communicating in writing, because you can´t see the other guy. I (shame on me) judge people right away on their command of the written language. If someone is not able to write at least somewhat correctly, I immediately make some assumptions about his level of schooling, intelligence and social background. Can´t help that, sorry.

If someone doesn´t even TRY to follow the most simple conventions (like ending a sentence with a .) it has the same effect on me like the prospective business partner who didn´t even take the effort to put on clean clothes. I feel disrespected.

Also, reading a post like that I trail off in thought right after the second sentence, wondering what is wrong with the text. Only with a lot of effort I can later on go back to the beginning and start wondering what the message of that splurt was. So, yeah, I guess communication is impaired (at least for me) by not following communication protocol.

The trend in society seems to be to never point out someone´s fault. So people can be word not allowed, without respect, demanding, it´s all fine. Only pointing out that people are that way...will get you lots of flak. Ah, maybe I am getting old...or maybe the OP´s keyboard has a flaw where the . key doesn´t work. 🤣

Greetings from a non-native speaker who is bored and grumpy because of all this Corona-sh***

I don't get what the big deal is here. Why are you guys so hung up some dude who didn't put together perfect sentences... you're all big boys, i'm sure you guys can get over it. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Topic locked

Sorry JurassicStark69, it's quite upsetting that more people felt the need to discuss grammar than actually answer your original question and the topic completely derailed.

• Like 3