Sign in to follow this  
jjgonzalezt

Request DHC-6 Twin Otter

5 hours ago, scianoir said:

And it is excellent!

Bill

Yes I know, but the gps is very default and needs a also an update. That is the reason I would like carenado to do it, as they have plenty of expiriance in designing this kind of aircraft

Carenado have gone very quiet lately with nothing at all on their ‘Incoming’ page for the last few months. I don’t think I have ever seen this before as they always seem to have something in the pipeline.

Bill

I doubt that since they posted this on Facebook:  All our aircraft are compatible with the new P3D v5

12 hours ago, FDEdev said:

I doubt that since they posted this on Facebook:  All our aircraft are compatible with the new P3D v5

Nice statement, but contradicted by users on this forum who cannot get the Phenom 300 to work in V5..

Edit: Then again.. I just tried the Phenom 300 and it works just fine.. maybe the startup scenario was to blame.. :unsure:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

On 4/25/2020 at 8:55 PM, jjgonzalezt said:

Yes I know, but the gps is very default and needs a also an update. That is the reason I would like carenado to do it, as they have plenty of expiriance in designing this kind of aircraft

I would stick with the Aerosoft version if I were you.. a Reality XP GNS 530 works nicely in the panel.. what more are you looking for?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

I'd back that request. The aerosoft twin is modeled great, but the flight dynamics do feel a bit off. And the engine simulation is nowhere close to the real thing. It has some crazy power spikes and massive delays. I know the sim itself is mostly to blame for this as  it doesn't cover turboprops very well. Still, I don't see this as a major problem in carenado turboprops, they're not perfect either but they work fine. I would love to see the carenado turboprops being simulated like the majestic dash with a full propeller range.

Edited by josecolme

21 hours ago, josecolme said:

I'd back that request. The aerosoft twin is modeled great, but the flight dynamics do feel a bit off.

I am always amazed when I fly Aerosoft‘s Twin Otter again, how well it is modelled, including the flight dynamics. I integrated Flight1‘s GTN750 into the GNS530 and have a popup in the virtual cockpit (in VR). Even with the sub-optimal engine simulation it is a very reasonable addon, in spite of its age.

Felix