Sign in to follow this  
TrevorS

Captain sim 757 v3

Not to be sarcastic...but that depends...

For $75 you'll be buying the base model.

For myself, I really wanted the 757F (+ the RR expansion)...it adds up.

I bought this model during their annual Christmas sale for $50 which included the base model + the RR expansion...to me it was a great deal and I really, really enjoy the aircraft.

I have the plane and for me something that i REALLY hate about it is the fact that they still use that outdated cockpit lighting system used in FSX: The cockpit lights only work after certain magic hour in the sim. I really hate that. A deal breaker for me since im usually flying at dusk and i have to wait in a dark cockpit until the "magic hour" kicks in.

• Like 2

Juan Ramos

NO

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 hour ago, xender said:

I have the plane and for me something that i REALLY hate about it is the fact that they still use that outdated cockpit lighting system used in FSX: The cockpit lights only work after certain magic hour in the sim. I really hate that. A deal breaker for me since im usually flying at dusk and i have to wait in a dark cockpit until the "magic hour" kicks in.

I agree 100%

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Depends how badly you want a 757. I bought it for a slight discount, can't remember how much it was discounted by, but if I really wanted a 757 for P3D, I would say it was worth it. I'm not as huge a fan of the 757 as some people, so I was only really interested in it when it was discounted.

It's okay. It's no FSL A320 or Majestic Q400 in terms of super-realism, but it is a study sim nonetheless, being a reasonably accurate representation of the real thing in most respects, so I don't think a fan of the real thing would be too unhappy with it. Visually, the exterior model is incredibly good, with all kinds of whistles and bells. The VC is good but the cockpit textures could be a little better. Being overpowered, as of course is the real 757, it is quite sporty speed-wise, but it's not quite as maneuverable as the real thing is when you chuck it about, not that you'll have much reason to do so if you fly it properly, but if you ever saw a 757 being shown off at an airshow when they were brand new, you'll know that they really are quite aerobatic thanks to that power to weight ratio and it doesn't quite handle like that, so obviously the flight model is not spot on. Having said that, its take off performance is pretty realistic.

Oh, and it works in P3D V5 too by the way, here it is in V5:

ad5GHXP.jpg

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

3 hours ago, TrevorS said:

Is this airplane worth spending $75 for P3Dv4.5 ?

I don't think I'd be happy with what I got if I had paid full price for it. 

I didn't pay full price, though...I bought it for 25 Eurogazinks during one of their 24-hour sales, plus some more for the freighter extension, and given that it's the only decent contemporary narrow-body freighter I could find in P3Dv4, I'm content with it. 

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

19 minutes ago, Chock said:

Depends how badly you want a 757. I bought it for a slight discount, can't remember how much it was discounted by, but if I really wanted a 757 for P3D, I would say it was worth it. I'm not as huge a fan of the 757 as some people, so I was only really interested in it when it was discounted.

It's okay. It's no FSL A320 or Majestic Q400 in terms of super-realism, but it is a study sim nonetheless, being a reasonably accurate representation of the real thing in most respects, so I don't think a fan of the real thing would be too unhappy with it. Visually, the exterior model is incredibly good, with all kinds of whistles and bells. The VC is good but the cockpit textures could be a little better. Being overpowered, as of course is the real 757, it is quite sporty speed-wise, but it's not quite as maneuverable as the real thing is when you chuck it about, not that you'll have much reason to do so if you fly it properly, but if you ever saw a 757 being shown off at an airshow when they were brand new, you'll know that they really are quite aerobatic thanks to that power to weight ratio and it doesn't quite handle like that, so obviously the flight model is not spot on. Having said that, its take off performance is pretty realistic.

Oh, and it works in P3D V5 too by the way, here it is in V5:

ad5GHXP.jpg

did you just point the captain sim installer to p3d v5 for it to work? i own almost every heavy aicraft for p3d v4 and none of them have been updated

If CS ever have an other 24 hour $10 sale and I don't miss it, then I'll buy it. They are about the only circumstances I'd buy CS addons.🤣

6 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

did you just point the captain sim installer to p3d v5 for it to work? i own almost every heavy aicraft for p3d v4 and none of them have been updated

Yup, in fact the installer pops up a message which says that it has no way of identifying which sub version of P3D you have and advises you that you need at least v4.4, so you can just point it at the V5 folder and it installs no problem.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

thanks, any chance the quality wings 787 collection is the same way? i prefer my pmdg and fs labs plane, but i will settle for anything i can get working first. thanks again.

Yup, same thing with the 787, it installs. I've only done a quick up around and down with it, so I can't absolutely be sure it all works okay in V5, but it certainly appears to be okay. Here it is in V5:

yNKs0ZO.jpg

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

21 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

thanks, any chance the quality wings 787 collection is the same way? i prefer my pmdg and fs labs plane, but i will settle for anything i can get working first. thanks again.

There are varying reports of QW787 problems after successful initial installs. No personal experience.

I did install the QW 757 into P3Dv5 back on Day 1, flew without issues.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

@TrevorS, you know "worth" is subjective.  What are you expecting to get from this $75 product?  If you list your expectations, we could tell you if it the product delivers.  But your expectations should be as objective as possible: does it offer a complete simulation of a B757 FMS vs. would it make me feel good and warm inside.  Otherwise the thread will turn into another CS haters vs. everybody else.  

I have the product and have enjoyed it because it simulates well enough the things I expected it to offer.  

• Like 2

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library