Sign in to follow this  
snpower

Help with Re-Shade

New to X-Plane 11.41, but familiar with shaders, etc. from P3D. I have installed Xvision, and the FSE packages. Using FlyWithLua NG in Windows 10. I installed a preset called 'Impressive_with_Trushade.vxs' with Xvision (the dialog said something about a LUA script but I could not find that anywhere to download), and ran the Re-Shade installer. Upon starting X-Plane, I received the following errors in the log:

https://app.photobucket.com/u/snip227/p/9e8de19d-1eaa-44d0-8536-9e43e8e69d6f

The sim is really bright and unusable; all text is blurry as well. Hoping someone can help! I also have ActiveSkyXP and XPRealistic installed, that's it for add ons unless I missed one.

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

34 minutes ago, snpower said:

I have installed Xvision, and the FSE packages.

Remove FSE entirely. Only use X-Vision.

The .lua script is installed by X-Vision. However, X-Vision will deactivate all other .lua scripts upon first application of a solution. Check your folder plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts

Get this sorted before you install Reshade.

Edited by Colonel X

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Perhaps I'm not reading you right but it would seem X-Vision is a no-go (at least with any .lua scripts as part of a solution)? So avoid those in addition to uninstalling FSE? I'm just looking at the best visual upgrade, or combo thereof... thanks.

For the time being I have (1) run the X-Plane Updater to reload modified files, (2) uninstalled, then reinstalled ReShade with the soft cloud art preset, and (3) loaded the 'impressive' solution in Xvison. So far so good?

Edited by snpower

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300