Sign in to follow this  
tommy10101

Live real world traffic

Hi all,

The live real world traffic could be truly awesome if it’s as I hope. I am wondering whether it applies to all air traffic. The skybus, lands end to Scilly isles is a small company. Will I see them taking off in sim at the same times as real life? Or do you think it will only apply to big airlines 

Edited by tommy10101

Also makes me wonder, I doubt the base Sim will have every major airliner model for the AI (though maybe they’ll surprise us). So will they swap out a similar model when a flight shows up using a model the sim doesn’t have, or just not render that flight?

They might surprise us with a full catalog of available AI basic models (who knows..), but it is the repaints they might not have. Work for addon devs..

5 minutes ago, adino said:

Work for addon devs..

Im not sure devs will be able to make addons for multiplayer. I think this because in the Multiplayer video they said they will host servers where everyone plays. I'm not sure it will be possible to host a server like in FSX.

All the things that users want real traffic Roads railways ECT where is the money coming from to develop all this not from a one off sale of the sim.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

9 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Also makes me wonder, I doubt the base Sim will have every major airliner model for the AI (though maybe they’ll surprise us). So will they swap out a similar model when a flight shows up using a model the sim doesn’t have, or just not render that flight?

Maybe it'll work like Vatsim: you download the AI models for several aircraft and, if you don't have the specific one, you can choose a standard model to represent it.
They said there will be a sort of compatibility with FSX, probably the current AI models will work without an intensive rework.
Just a guess.

• Upvote 1

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

5 hours ago, ErrorCode said:

Im not sure devs will be able to make addons for multiplayer. I think this because in the Multiplayer video they said they will host servers where everyone plays. I'm not sure it will be possible to host a server like in FSX.

We’re talking about Real World traffic, not multiplayer, and real traffic works in single player as well.

Edited by Tuskin38

They showed off live air traffic in the multiplayer demo.

TnykKsP.png

I doubt the issue of showing real world liveries will be a problem...that's something the freeware community would have sorted in a matter of days not something MS would concern them selves with given the licensing headaches that ensues.

Edited by highflyer2020

11 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

All the things that users want real traffic Roads railways ECT where is the money coming from to develop all this not from a one off sale of the sim.

It's all freely available data, all Asobo have to do is insert this free data into the sim, I don't think for the likes of Asobo/MS this will be too difficult to achieve.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

20 hours ago, tommy10101 said:

Hi all,

The live real world traffic could be truly awesome if it’s as I hope. I am wondering whether it applies to all air traffic. The skybus, lands end to Scilly isles is a small company. Will I see them taking off in sim at the same times as real life? Or do you think it will only apply to big airlines 

Given those flights are almost certainly on a flight plan and will register in the data, yes, they will be there.

VFR traffic that's not in radar contact or aren't ADSB equipped wouldn't be there. I'm guessing they'll have a mix of random AI to fill those holes.

Some day, live traffic by ADS B will be the only realistic option. Unfortunately, using ADS B presently has a few fairly minor drawbacks. The first drawback is that not all airports and carriers require ADS B transmitters to be turned on while on the ground. Second, if there are not enough nearby ADB S receivers, the accuracy of the aircraft's location may result in the aircraft appearing to taxi off off aprons and taxiways. Third, as already mentioned, some aircraft are not required yet to have ADS B transmitters and even some that do have a option available to block the information from being visible publicly. Lastly, linking ATC communications with live traffic is complicated, especially since specific countries have blocked these communications from being available to the public.

Real world traffic (meaning air, sea and land/road) would be so great! For the roads even an estimation like we see on google maps depending on time of day, would be so cool to see the Los Angeles I-5 rush hour traffic jams (or quite a bit less traffic at midnight on Tuesday for example), or on the sea cruise ships, container ships, river boats, leisure boats on a lake (not when it's 10 degrees in winter!) etc. etc. Makes the World "feel" alive.

Edited by KERNEL32

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Some day, live traffic by ADS B will be the only realistic option. Unfortunately, using ADS B presently has a few fairly minor drawbacks. The first drawback is that not all airports and carriers require ADS B transmitters to be turned on while on the ground. Second, if there are not enough nearby ADB S receivers, the accuracy of the aircraft's location may result in the aircraft appearing to taxi off off aprons and taxiways. Third, as already mentioned, some aircraft are not required yet to have ADS B transmitters and even some that do have a option available to block the information from being visible publicly. Lastly, linking ATC communications with live traffic is complicated, especially since specific countries have blocked these communications from being available to the public.

I think they've already said that the AI system takes over in the airport environment, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

Edited by bonchie

12 minutes ago, bonchie said:

I think they've already said that the AI system takes over in the airport environment, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

I'm not sure how that would work with departures if ADS B data is unavailable on the ground.