Sign in to follow this  
xxd09

Learning a lesson

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

1080P or 4k?

Ryan asks the critical question here that no one else seems to think of when graphics memory issues come up.  There's a big difference between what someone needs running 4K and what they need just running 1080.  I'd bet most running into issues with 8G cards are also running 4K.

Scott

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies

I do not seem to run out of memory GPU runs steady at 1.5 of 5 GB available 

Frame rates seem to stay good at 30-no drops- steady between 29 and 30

Bit of a puzzle

You've given me some ideas to work on

Thanks for that 

xxd09

I am working on reducing CPU load.  For example, ASUS Aura, mobo lighting, is consuming an idiotic 20 percent of the CPU, so I uninstalled that wasteful junk.  Immediately saw less jittering.

• Like 2

spacer.png

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

That's great! Do you have FlyTampa KLAS or Latin VFR's KMIA where you can test with your current settings?

KMIA is certainly the most problematic, but it can work. It uses up to 6.3GB for me at 4K. Have to dial back the VRAM sensitive settings, namely texture resolution and/or level of detail radius. And of course limit AA to 2x, which is all you really need at 4K anyhow, so that's a default for me. I tested it on 4.5 also - LVFR KMIA uses the same amount of VRAM in v4.5 as v5 with Truesky off.  If I use the same settings and turn on Truesky, I blow the limit, so I have to pick. This only applies to me at KMIA. Everywhere else I'm running greater than v4.5 settings.

Anyone that doesn't have 8GB VRAM can't realistically run 4K resolution, but 1080p or even 1440p should be fine with 6GB VRAM.

But to say that you can't run 4K with 8GB VRAM hasn't been my experience over the last 2 weeks.

CS7ZOCi.jpg

7TMa8HQ.jpg

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Ahh the Flysimware Learjet...the best bizjet to date!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Maybe a way ahead for me too in the short term

Ruthlessly removed all Addons not immediately needed ie absolutely nothing in Scenery and Addons (Planes and Sceneries) not required for a particular flight-a bit time consuming but got a non jittery flight

Much more work setting up a flight but at least I have a smooth flight

• Like 1