Sign in to follow this  
victor1293

Single Engine Taxi not working

Good morning all,

I am having this problem for some weeks and this is driving me crazy, as I uninstalled and reinstalled fs2 crew several times and still not working. 

The problem is that once I land, I start the chrono and wait 3 minutes, after that in the after take off checklist phase or in taxi phase (No difference) I command to shut down engine 2, and nothing happens. I can see the green bar recognizing exactely what I said, but still no action is taken by the PM. 

Another problem I am facing is upon departure, when I confirm for example 25 L, even the green bar recognize it, still says, 00 confirmed.

I appreciate your help!

Thank you so much

Victor Morris

Edited by victor1293

Thanks Captain Campion! I will try that this afternoon. Thanks again.

Any suggestion for the runway 00 confirmed?

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, victor1293 said:

Thanks Captain Campion! I will try that this afternoon. Thanks again.

Any suggestion for the runway 00 confirmed?

Thanks!

For runway XXX, you need the latest version of the unlocked RAAS Pro installed for that call to work.

Single Engine taxi:  Engines need a 3 minute cool down period before you can shut off the engine.

Edited by byork

Good evening Bryan,

Thanks for your message, but unfortunately didn't work. I explain you to see if something is wrong, but I land, I disarm the spoilers and wait for the PM to do the after landing flow. After that I tried both options without success, first I start the chrono and I waited for more than 3 minutes in AFTER LANDING CHECKLIST pahse and command Shut Down engine 2 (NOTHING HAPPENS). Then I tried to do the checklist and command the shut down during the parking phase, and nothing happens. Even i waited for 7 minutes and i am seeing all the time the green speech bar recognizing what i say.

I am totally lost.

Thanks!

Victor Morris

Hi Victor,

Conditions are:

Voice command: "SHUTDOWN ENGINE TWO".   Make sure you see exactly that in the green bar.

FO should reply "Check" if you have the verbose FO option selected.

Engine two master must be on.

Displayed mode on the face of the FS2Crew Main Panel must be either: "After Landing Checklist" or "<<Parking>>".

Let me know if you at least hear "check".

Cheers,

Good morning Bryan, 

Yesterday I did some tests and this are my findings:

If I start the plane and load a condition, for example "ENGINES RUNNING" and I scroll fs2crew all the way to AFTER LANDING CHECKLIST, and I command shutdown engine 2, I can hear the PM saying "check" and he conducts the shutdown correctly. However, If I do an entire flight, as usual, with the same settings but starting all the way from the pre-flight events, once I land, in the exact same situation, when i command shut down engine 2, i still can see in green how the senctence was properly recognized, however nothing happens, and the PM doesn´t reply check or do nothing.

Thanks!

Víctor Morris Gómez

Same mode, After Landing Checklist, but I also tried with <<Parking>>. So if i load the plane and go straight to After Landing Checklist mode or to <<Parking>> mode and call for shut down engine 2, works perfectly. 

However when I do an entire flight from Cold & Dark with pre-flight events, once I reach After Landing Checklist or <<Parking mode>> nothing happens. 

Edited by victor1293

That's very strange.

Send me a support ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

I'll have you test something.

Are you using a custom panel state file?  Those can sometimes induce odd issues.

Only use the stock FS Labs panels.

Edited by byork

yes I know, is very strange and let me tell you that a week ago a reinstalled all from 0, windows, p3d and so on, because i change for a new ssd. However, I recalled have the same issue before as well. So I am not sure if maybe my installer is corrupted or what.

By the way, I use only stock fslabs panel. 

The only thing that comes to my mind now, and i will test now, is that normally when I load the plane it comes on a default state and then i loaded to cold and dark. maybe this makes fs2crew. I am going to try to set cold & dark as default when loading up the simulator. what do you think about it?

13 hours ago, victor1293 said:

yes I know, is very strange and let me tell you that a week ago a reinstalled all from 0, windows, p3d and so on, because i change for a new ssd. However, I recalled have the same issue before as well. So I am not sure if maybe my installer is corrupted or what.

By the way, I use only stock fslabs panel. 

The only thing that comes to my mind now, and i will test now, is that normally when I load the plane it comes on a default state and then i loaded to cold and dark. maybe this makes fs2crew. I am going to try to set cold & dark as default when loading up the simulator. what do you think about it?

Send me a support ticket at: www.fs2crew.com

I can remove one of the conditions and we'll see if that makes a difference.

Hi Bryan, 

During this month I have been trying different things but the same problem still happening.

As you know I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything 3 times already and the issue still there. I recall seeing on the forum someone else with the same issue, I am unsure if he managed to solve it. 

On arrival I am still not able for the 1st Officer to shut down engine two. As usual I can see the green speech bar recognizing exactely what I say, but nothing happens. But If in that moment I load the default panel "Engines Running", and I command shut down engine 2, then the PM does what I order.

What I am suspecting here is that maybe I am missing one of the requirements to shut down engine two. 

Another thing I realized, is that once you command shut down engine two, obviusly it will work only once,as engine 2 is off. What if maybe during the 2 hours flight the speech recognition detects shut down engine 2, and then doesnt allow me to do it on arrival?

Anyway, I am trying to figure out how to fix this. And as well, authtorust still disconnecting between 600 to 900 feet. 

Thank you!

Victor

Edited by victor1293

Well it worked for a couple of flights and then stopped working again. I did the macros once again, but nothing... 

Regarding the autothrust, it needs to be fs2crew for sure, because if I flight without, nothing happens, authothurst remains armed (in blue) until I change the levers to Climb after the thrust reduction altitude.

As soon I play with fs2crew, once i reach 600-800 feet ASL, authothrust disconnects, but is an instictive disconnection (with ECAM message in yellow).