Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

RSHwON.png

Last Nvidia driver after a clean install.
Third time it happens.
What's that?

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

It sounds like it’s related to the ATC window (or other things that use that UI element) from what others have said. LM knows about it.

Though you don’t have yours open, so I’m not sure. I’ve only ever had that crash when using ATC.

Edited by Tuskin38

Thanks, good to hear LM is aware of the problem.

No ATC for me, just crashing without any reason.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

30 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Thanks, good to hear LM is aware of the problem.

No ATC for me, just crashing without any reason.

Use default AC for the time being, no A2A or any others. That seems also to be the cause of some the V5 problems. Hopefully they go away with the forthcoming LM fixes.  As advised above, no ATC for now.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Happens to me when I use Nvidia inspector (also  a 2080ti owner)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Not sure if this will help, but I found somewhere that DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG crashes can be related to hardware and sound driver conflicts.

In my case I had mutliple sound drivers enabled, inc one for the NVidia graphics card and my display monitor sound driver, as well as my actual ones (in my case RME Fireface). I disabled the others in Device Manager and touch wood, no more DXGI errors so far.

Now, the only issue I am getting in P3D v5, is the brick wall smash up on short finals. I trust this will be fixed in the v5 HF next week.

Hope it helps.

Ray

PS I am using Real Air Turbine Duke all the time. So I think it's unlikely to be your A2A. Anyway most of default planes are pretty unbearable for me :-(

2 hours ago, David Roch said:

RSHwON.png

Last Nvidia driver after a clean install.
Third time it happens.
What's that?

They sold you something unfinished.

53 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

In my case I had mutliple sound drivers enabled, inc one for the NVidia graphics card and my display monitor sound driver, as well as my actual ones (in my case RME Fireface). I disabled the others in Device Manager and touch wood, no more DXGI errors so far.

Thanks for this. Will try asap. 

Hans

Do not use ATC (AI traffic, you cant use ATC window, it could be frequencies of local ATC). Known issue.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

There are many issues triggering a "DEVICE_HUNG". There is even a own document available.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Hi

I am also getting this with no ATC just sitting on the runway.

If I dont get this I often get the fall out of the sky when approaching the runway on finals has made the sim unusable for me.

Looking forward to a fix??

I keep getting this in pdv4, not sure why it happens, just does sometimes.

• Like 1

This is nothing more than an indication of problems in the software code.  LM writes the code, and it's on LM to fix problems in the code.  They understand that, and that's why we've been told to expect a patch soon.  It won't be the last patch.  That's how this business works.  Not rocket science. 

Well, I thought the HF will fix this GPU issue.
But unfortunately it doesn't.
No ATC window, just loading a flight and... crash.

I reload the same flight and no more problem.
Maybe something to do with shaders (?)

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch