Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

Is this the default aircraft and are you using the latest NV drivers, I don't have a problem.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks, Raymond. Actually I only fly compatible aircraft, not the default ones, but I don't think it makes any difference, lot of folks are using their A2A planes without problems.
Yes, latest Nvidia driver.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

17 hours ago, David Roch said:

Well, I thought the HF will fix this GPU issue.
But unfortunately it doesn't.
No ATC window, just loading a flight and... crash.

I reload the same flight and no more problem.
Maybe something to do with shaders (?)

Dam David a 2080ti! Congrats on a beast of a card.

I got that error at least two times while testing P3D v5, but it was at the most demanding areas. My GTX 1070 and i72600K did a nice job handling P3D v5. Performance was excellent and vRAM was mostly under control. There are some glaring issues that still need to be addressed by LM so I would so "patience is a virtue" has to be the new motto if you want to stick with v5.

Enjoy!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thanks Jose!
Over one year with this card.
Pity I was obliged to kill my banker (a nice guy other than that), but I don't regret my purchase! 😄

Apart from this "device hung" issue which occurs randomly, I really love the V5.
Smooth and fast.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

May be of interest to some, but I only get this error when I fully load-up with OrbX.  Global, Trees, OpenLC all installed today (plus the excellent Chicago X) and bingo! started to get this this crash today.  Will spend this evening doing a full reinstall to vanilla and will try again without the add-on's.

I just had this a few minutes ago when parking at the gate in EDDH with my 1080, latest Nvidia driver and P3Dv5 HF1. No ATC but IVAO online flight

Edited by Yogipriester

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Vanilla reinstall and no repeat of the problem for me.  Just have to go with one add-on at a time until it falls over again.  I hope it's something that can be addressed in a future hot-fix.

I started getting these on my 1080 Ti in v5 so I fell back on the TdrDelay work-around that I had used on my previous PC.  Microsoft documents it at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys.  I don't remember what app I used it for before (FSX or P3D) and it didn't always prevent timeouts, but so-far-so-good this time.

KeyPath   : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
KeyValue  : TdrDelay
ValueType : REG_DWORD
ValueData : Number of seconds to delay. 2 seconds is the default value.

I set mine to 10 seconds.  I wouldn't use too large a value or you might have to power cycle to recover.

• Like 1

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

Got this a lot at first.

I know the “clean install” driver idea was mentioned earlier, but fwiw it worked perfectly for me. haven’t had the error since i did that, probably 50+ hours of flying, though dont think ive ever used ATC window!

My impression is that p3d is very sensitive to minor driver issues.

card: 2080TI

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

30 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Got this a lot at first.

I know the “clean install” driver idea was mentioned earlier, but fwiw it worked perfectly for me. haven’t had the error since i did that, probably 50+ hours of flying, though dont think ive ever used ATC window!

My impression is that p3d is very sensitive to minor driver issues.

card: 2080TI

Clean installs and DDU are de rigeur for me  and I also have not used an ATC window so take my comment as info only.

I have mentioned this before elsewhere (apologies to those who find it repetitive)  but for those who missed it -

In my case I saw this problem early in V4 and several times in V5 until I remembered the v4 solution to turn of MSI afterburner (and RTSS) the problem goes away instantly for me. I run MSI full time to OC either a 1080TI or a 2080Ti and if I forget to turn it off v5 will crash with the error message almost every time a make a change at the v5 menu or make a scene change in the air. I was going to verify with some older cards but they are not DX12 compliant.

PCs and flight sims are an ongoing challenge - but that is part of the fascination (frustration?).

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

Hi,

I also had this error in prepar3dv4 and this solution from an older forum thread stopped the error occuring:

Found this solution on the internet, works for me 100% with P3Dv4.3 on Win10 64bit, Nvidia GTX1080ti and latest drivers. 

The problem: a thing called TDR checker monitors the computer’s hardware, particularly the GPU. When the GPU stops responding with the computer for 2 seconds TDR checker restarts the driver. The TDR checker was good on paper but did not work in the real world as a GPU can stop responding when it is working hard.

Here is the solution that worked for me, it requires an extra sub key entry into the Windows registry, so please only implement if you feel OK with editing your registry!

- Exit all Windows based programs,
- Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box,double-click regedit.exe from the results above. 
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation,
- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey: 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

I saw this fix mentioned earlier in this thread, but make sure you create a Qword (64bit) key for Windows 64 bit OS and NOT a Bword (32 bit) key because that wil not give the right result.

If you encounter a DXGI hung/removed error again please make sure that this key still exists in your registry!
It happened to me once that the key vanished after a Windows Update, resulting in the dreadful DXGI hung error once again.

Cheers

Dirk

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 12:36 AM, Nobody2020 said:

This is nothing more than an indication of problems in the software code.  LM writes the code, and it's on LM to fix problems in the code.  They understand that, and that's why we've been told to expect a patch soon.  It won't be the last patch.  That's how this business works.  Not rocket science. 

are you using asus gpu tweak II by any chance to over clock the card ?

Not according to Rob, I remember 3+ years ago I was belittled by Rob who was insistent the DXGI issue was my machine and couldn't ever ever possibly be a issue with LM coding ,but  and if you  chose a specific driver Version 397.64 (or before) this seems to remedy the issue.

But remember it's always your machine and never anything to do with LM ever, these coders always have that little back up line in their pockets

Howvever this blame the customer thoery seems to of changed now LM know they have released a product  full to the Brim of bugs and have been made to look a bit silly.

alas try these drivers and see if that solves it.

Version 397.64

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/134070/en-us

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, redchiefnr1 said:

Here is the solution that worked for me, it requires an extra sub key entry into the Windows registry, so please only implement if you feel OK with editing your registry!

- Exit all Windows based programs,
- Click on the Windows Start button, type regedit in the Search box,double-click regedit.exe from the results above. 
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation,
- Browse to and then click the following registry subkey: 
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
- On the Edit menu, click New, and select the QWORD (64-bit) value from the drop-down menu,
- Type ‘TdrLevel’ as the Name and click Enter,
- Double-click TdrLevel and set the value as 0 (it is set to that by default, but double check) and click OK,
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer for the changes to take effect!

Thank you for this. I am also getting this device hung error, except I have an AMD system. Do you know if this fix is just for NVIDIA? Or should it work on any graphics driver? 

LM have acknowledged the AMD issue on their forums and apparently are working with AMD to resolve the issue. Hopefully they can get some results! 

BTW I'm running

3900x CPU

32GB DDR4@3600 

Radeon VII 16GB HBM2

Performance apart from all the crashes is very low.It Struggles keep a constant 20FPS with quite low settings. This is a completely vanilla install (no addons AT ALL!)

With p3d 4.5 I can run that 60 FPS no problem with no addons! It's only when you add Orbx etc to it that performance dips. 

Cheers,

Bully.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

Since I did not want to fiddle with my registry in order to correct mistakes possibly done by LM and/or Nvidia, I decided to go back to one of the old drivers as I never experienced this error before.

However, when looking for an older driver at Nvidia I saw their "Studio Driver" (don't ask me for the difference as compared to their WHQL drivers).

Anyway, I downloaded and installed it (as a new installation as usual) replacing the previous 445.87 WHQ. Then I did the same flight as yesterday evening when that error occurred (LSZH->EDDH, IVAO, p3d5 HF1, 1080). Gladly enough, nothing happened, all went very well.

I know that just having once the "same" flight does not mean too much but I am encouraged to continue using this "Studio Driver" and see what happens.

Edited by Yogipriester

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I have not had this error or any CTD even when using TS, but I have not sideloaded any third party scenery or aircraft only ones that have been updated for V5.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49862238578/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49862773191/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49863084457/in/dateposted-public/

The only thing I put in from V4 the Beech King for testing.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49862773616/in/dateposted-public/

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg