Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

21 hours ago, Yogipriester said:

Seems that this error is caused by the latest Nvidia drivers - at least for me.

It appears that I am wrong. Just now at EGLL playing with GSX2 and ActiveSky I received this error message again.

A few minutes later I tried again but this time without ActiveSky  and it happened only after a few minutes.All my graphic settings are one notch below maximum but when it happened first my settings were as "virgin" as selected by P3D when doing the installation.

Its is a pity that the GPU-Meter on the right side of the screen does only shows the present memory usage. It was around 2.5GB when the message appeared.

Screenshot: http://fam-martens.de/PC/P3D.jpg

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

DGXI error device hung

Well, after over 2 weeks experiencing all kind of tweaks and spending some good hours testing, my conclusion so far is the following:

HARDWARE, WINDOWS & DRIVER:
- I believe my rig is not that bad (...), so the issue has nothing to do with hardware on my side.
- Win 10 (1904) is clean and running flawlessly.
- Swapping Nvidia drivers doesn't make any change.
- No use of any GPU/CPU monitoring tool, nor Nvidia Inspector.

P3DV5-HF1:
- Clean (re)install.
- Only compatible addons are installed.

CONCLUSIONS:
- Vanilla  P3D doesn't crash on my machine no matter the graphics settings.
- P3D will crash if and only if TrueSky is enabled and Texture Resolution is set to 4096x4096. If one of those 2 options is disabled, the sim stops crashing.
- This problem is not related to ActiveSky nor any other compatible program.
- Default airplanes or third-party ones, simple or complex ones, doesn't make any difference.
- But some sceneries can quickly feed up the Vram counter and crash the GPU, like PHNL (Orbx) which is my testing airport for this annoying issue: TrueSky + 4096 at dawn = direct crash.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

6 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

i just got a dxgi error from simply rightclicking on the screen and then left clicking too quickly.  sitting in the pmdg 747 at the default start airport. 

Its a bug.  dont be fooled by people itching to be LM contractors with their graphs and charts.  Its a bug where is badly coded.

We had a similar thing years back in fs2004 called uiautomationcore.dll.  

OOMS due to graphics card VRAM limitations are one thing, but this dxgi error is a bug.  In v4 they got away with telling you it was "your system" because v4 had hardly any bugs if any.  Now with v5 being full of them they cant really use that "its your system" get of jail card anymore.

my 10 cents.  

The uiautomationcore.dll saga is exactly what this reminds of as well.  Not that its the same cause or anything, just the level of instability we are seeing is what we went through back then. We all crossed our fingers every time we touched a menu or clicked on something.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

I am getting the DGXI error only with the PMDG 747, both 400 and 8 versions. Never had this error on any other aircrat such as the Q400. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Bernd

Well I think I have found a fix for my DGXI errors. I have now done about 6 flights for a total of 7hr flight time without the error. Before I was getting them on just about every flight. This is what I have done. First I ran windows update and installed update 1909 and then downloaded the Nvidia Studio driver 442.92 and did a clean install.   I'm still testing but it looks promising.  Keep you settings at 2048 and no more than 4xSSAA this is what I use.  Josh

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

13 hours ago, bjablonka8120 said:

I am getting the DGXI error only with the PMDG 747, both 400 and 8 versions. Never had this error on any other aircrat such as the Q400. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Bernd

17 hours ago, PurdueKev said:

The uiautomationcore.dll saga is exactly what this reminds of as well.  Not that its the same cause or anything, just the level of instability we are seeing is what we went through back then. We all crossed our fingers every time we touched a menu or clicked on something.

17 hours ago, David Roch said:

DGXI error device hung

Well, after over 2 weeks experiencing all kind of tweaks and spending some good hours testing, my conclusion so far is the following:

HARDWARE, WINDOWS & DRIVER:
- I believe my rig is not that bad (...), so the issue has nothing to do with hardware on my side.
- Win 10 (1904) is clean and running flawlessly.
- Swapping Nvidia drivers doesn't make any change.
- No use of any GPU/CPU monitoring tool, nor Nvidia Inspector.

P3DV5-HF1:
- Clean (re)install.
- Only compatible addons are installed.

CONCLUSIONS:
- Vanilla  P3D doesn't crash on my machine no matter the graphics settings.
- P3D will crash if and only if TrueSky is enabled and Texture Resolution is set to 4096x4096. If one of those 2 options is disabled, the sim stops crashing.
- This problem is not related to ActiveSky nor any other compatible program.
- Default airplanes or third-party ones, simple or complex ones, doesn't make any difference.
- But some sceneries can quickly feed up the Vram counter and crash the GPU, like PHNL (Orbx) which is my testing airport for this annoying issue: TrueSky + 4096 at dawn = direct crash.

same I just had another DGXI ERROR but also only in the 747

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

10 hours ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Well I think I have found a fix for my DGXI errors. I have now done about 6 flights for a total of 7hr flight time without the error. Before I was getting them on just about every flight. This is what I have done. First I ran windows update and installed update 1909 and then downloaded the Nvidia Studio driver 442.92 and did a clean install.   I'm still testing but it looks promising.  Keep you settings at 2048 and no more than 4xSSAA this is what I use.  Josh

why not 445.87 ?

whats a "studio" driver ?

thanks

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

I filled out a ticket at PMDG, will let you know what they say.

Best

Bernd

20 hours ago, Yogipriester said:

It appears that I am wrong. Just now at EGLL playing with GSX2 and ActiveSky I received this error message again.

A few minutes later I tried again but this time without ActiveSky  and it happened only after a few minutes.All my graphic settings are one notch below maximum but when it happened first my settings were as "virgin" as selected by P3D when doing the installation.

Its is a pity that the GPU-Meter on the right side of the screen does only shows the present memory usage. It was around 2.5GB when the message appeared.

Screenshot: http://fam-martens.de/PC/P3D.jpg

Is that the A330 Aerosoft? Is it updated to V5 already. If not....I wouldn't wonder about these abnormally dxgi messages. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

As I understand the a330 is not v5 ready yet. The PMDG 747 is the one some of us have problems with. The Q400 works great. I wish there would be other passenger aircrat which work with v5.

11 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

guys this is all about VOOMs

1.So why is it happening with cards with 11gig and 12 gig ram ? when you click around the screen ?  

with the greatest amount of respect i dont think it is.  theres a conflight between the software and the drivers, namely called a bug.

But as always you find it very hard to get either LM to admit their software is at fault.  They wont. so long as the default a/c works they wont care.  They are covered they can still flog it to the military 

14ppkc-6.png

36 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

1.So why is it happening with cards with 11gig and 12 gig ram ? when you click around the screen ?  

with the greatest amount of respect i dont think it is.  theres a conflight between the software and the drivers, namely called a bug.

But as always you find it very hard to get either LM to admit their software is at fault.  They wont. so long as the default a/c works they wont care.  They are covered they can still flog it to the military 

This happened to me with my 8gb 2070 Super earlier in the day.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Something can be wrong with Nvidias latest driver. I installera latest studiodriver and everything is fine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1