Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

Thanks Brett, I'm gonna try that right now!

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Previous to v5 I had 4.5 and a stack of addons, and had 3D settings in NCP. After the hang I flew again into a hang - repeatable. I next went into NCP and restore/apply to the profiles, also I chose adjust with preview let 3D app decide. No hangs since. I have added some ORBX titles still no hang with near maxed settings.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

24 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

hope it helps

Unfortunately not.

bwYfND.jpg

🙃

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

you might want to join some facebook groups for p3d, they have alot of suggestions, alot of people are saying it could be related to ram. one guy had his ram running at 3600 and turned it down to 3333 and it stopped, i believe it's a p3d problem, sorry i couldn't help.

1 hour ago, SteveW said:

Previous to v5 I had 4.5 and a stack of addons, and had 3D settings in NCP. After the hang I flew again into a hang - repeatable. I next went into NCP and restore/apply to the profiles, also I chose adjust with preview let 3D app decide. No hangs since. I have added some ORBX titles still no hang with near maxed settings.

Fingers crossed!
I'll see if it helps, thanks Steve.

34 minutes ago, Patriot3810 said:

you might want to join some facebook groups for p3d, they have alot of suggestions, alot of people are saying it could be related to ram. one guy had his ram running at 3600 and turned it down to 3333 and it stopped, i believe it's a p3d problem, sorry i couldn't help.

Well.... I hate FB, Tweeter and all this c.r.a.p. 😄
But thanks for the advice anyway Brett.
I might steal my wife's FB account once if I don't find a solution...!
Actually, I don't believe it is due to a hardware issue but rather to bad coding when using some addons.
I have zero problem running P3D4.5-HF3 nor MSFS Alpha.

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

54 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Fingers crossed!
I'll see if it helps, thanks Steve.

That's only intended as a confirmed baseline test OK, no hang with near stock sim + some scenery. Since I had the hang with stock sim, and not after the NCP setting, that conforms the problem can surface with old NCP profile data. Then it should follow that by eliminating other addons, at some point the hang will stop.

3 hours ago, Patriot3810 said:

how can it NOT be a P3D problem ???  

it is by all means a P3D problem 100%  but they will never ever ever ever admit to it.  why put yourself liable ? thats why

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

Please carefully read what Brett wrote before jumping on your chair.
😉

Best regards,
David Roch

i can get this if i OC the vram very hard , then if a get it little more vram volt it disipear.

i run a Galax 2080TI OCLab with XE bios ( can change core and ram voltages )

is the mems on the 2080ti samsung  or micron?

the micron can degrade over time. 

have you test to downclock the vram?

• Like 1

A good idea to remove any Overclock to eliminate as westman suggests. There can be other hardware issues leading to the problem but would likely run into trouble with any stressful program, not just in P3D.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SteveW said:

A good idea to remove any Overclock to eliminate as westman suggests. There can be other hardware issues leading to the problem but would likely run into trouble with any stressful program, not just in P3D.

It happens to me at some points but each point the sim is not working at max. Sitting at the gate. Or in cruise over a remote area. If it was a ram or overclock issue why does it not happen when I am in a heavy load area like New York City with both DDesign NY Airport addons installed? I can be in cruise, and I will open PFPX, or switch to another Application running. Then the Error device hung appears on my screen.

14 hours ago, westman said:

i can get this if i OC the vram very hard , then if a get it little more vram volt it disipear.

i run a Galax 2080TI OCLab with XE bios ( can change core and ram voltages )

is the mems on the 2080ti samsung  or micron?

the micron can degrade over time. 

have you test to downclock the vram?

Well, I didn't OC my GPU (Micron memory type) and I am doing frequent benchmarks and tests without any issue.
I sincerely don't believe it is a hardware problem.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

Its an LM issue, just the same as happened to many high profile games that suffered same DXGI errors upon release. And just like those devs, LM will get around to squashing the bugs in due time. Whether they should have sold the product in this condition is also a can of worms some people have opened. But it's the way every single software (Operating Systems included)  are released to market, let's not try to kid ourselves otherwise!

Edited by daelight
  • Upvote 1

Mine was caused by a bad Nvidia profile. Still no crashes after factory reset. Will install more addons...