Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

4 hours ago, SteveW said:

Mine was caused by a bad Nvidia profile. Still no crashes after factory reset. Will install more addons...

she whats your physx settings please (like below)

Capture.png

14ppkc-6.png

21 hours ago, westman said:

i can get this if i OC the vram very hard , then if a get it little more vram volt it disipear.

i run a Galax 2080TI OCLab with XE bios ( can change core and ram voltages )

is the mems on the 2080ti samsung  or micron?

the micron can degrade over time. 

have you test to downclock the vram?

do you mean the ram on the gfx card, or on the normal ram on the motherboard ?

thanks 

14ppkc-6.png

55 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

she whats your physx settings please...

SLI configuration = Max 3D performance, PhysX settings Processor = Auto-select = 2080Ti (2)

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Have to offer an apology to LM here - an updated bios was available from my motherboard manufacturer so went ahead and did an update and everything now works as it should.    Fully loaded with AIG traffic, OrbX, GSX, et al and everything is running very smoothly.  

I would guess that something was updated in the ME code and the calls that the software was making to drivers/libraries in the old BIOS was expecting a newer version.  YMMV I guess.

The cause of the hangs are tricky, the problem can come up caused by so many kinds of situation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mine had "video card stopped working"..I deleted 5 and reinstalled on another drive and so far it now works. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 4/26/2020 at 3:17 PM, David Roch said:

RSHwON.png

Last Nvidia driver after a clean install.
Third time it happens.
What's that?

Heads up.

After 3 weeks tweaking and trying all kind of magic incantations I am now flying without DGXI error, even on heavy (or badly coded) sceneries.

Here are my settings:

WEf3Q6.png

9R1Lks.png

G2WguO.png

LNoR1E.png

Addons:
AIG traffic, ActiveSky, GSX2, 70 ORBX airports and sceneries, tons of other P3DV5 compatible airports, EZCA3, A2A, PMDG, QualityWings airplanes, FFTF Dynamic etc...

Other:
1/ Zero tweak on P3D.cfg
2/ Frames limited @30 with Nvidia Control Panel. My monitor is native 4K 30Hz.
3/ Power Management Mode: Max Perf on Nvidia CP
4/ NO Nvidia Inspector profile!
5/ For the first time I have "unleashed" my CPU by setting HT ON, downgrading from 5.1 to 5.0Ghz for less heat.
Using Process Lasso I run P3D on 16 cores and all active background programs on the 14th last ones. Does it help for avoiding excessive VRAM? No, obviously not but my P3D seems to like it :).

Conclusions:
Even if you have a good and stable computer with a 11Gb GPU, you will get into troubles with P3DV5, as soon as you push most sliders to the right, use EA, and fly on heavy sceneries.
It will probably improve when W10 2004 will be released or/and if LM addresses this memory issue.
BUT IN THE MEANTIME, you can fully enjoy P3DV5 with the beautiful Enhanced Atmospherics (beta) if you respect 3 conditions:
- Don't use 4096 textures, never!
- Don't use "Ultra" cloud size, never!
- Limit your frame rate externally, always!

Hope it helps!

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

19 hours ago, David Roch said:

- Don't use 4096 textures, never!
- Don't use "Ultra" cloud size, never!
- Limit your frame rate externally, always!

Can confirm this helped me fixed my issues.

Still had crashes at 2048 textures and "High" cloud size.

Setting textures to 1024 and cloud size to "Medium" I haven't had a crash since.

All other sliders are pretty close to maxed out.

RTX 2070 Super with 8GB VRAM for reference.

Edited by itsjase

Don't have a problem only 4.8 CPU STABLE 2080TI only compatible aircraft and scenery, and DEVICE HUNG is a hardware unstable problem not software.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49871635177/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49862773191/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/49862773191/in/dateposted-public/

With AI traffic but do not use TS now until updated.

Post your problem on LM Forum and see what they say. 

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Glad to know you have zero problem Ray, but maybe you didn't get it, I didn't post a problem but a solution that works for me and might help others with the same issue.
Saying that "DEVICE HUNG is a hardware unstable problem not software" is a pure non-sense in this precise case and that doesn't help others. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I had my first hang after installing v5 the first time which was repeatable about five minutes into flight. Since I had previously been messing with Nvidia Profiles in NCP with 4.5 I decided to Default/Apply the Prepar3D profile and the global profile as I usually advise before any testing. Since then I've had no hangs at all.

• Like 3

remember Active sky is generateing a similar hang disable make sure it is not active sky.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Remember to eliminate any addons that attach a DLL to the simulator. DLL problems will affect the simulator directly and can cause CTDs. Addons using only .exe programs generally don't crash the sim unless they do something very odd.

• Like 1

Has LM given any indication that this would be fixed?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Next hotfix due 'in a couple of weeks' according to LM. In the meantime, I find if reduce all settings to normal / low it will run 2 hours or so before ctd. Perhaps if I didn't use truesky it might be a bit more stable, but then may as well use 4.5 in that case , lol/